Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
How do you cook your corn on the cob?

I fire up my grill on low. Put down a piece of aluminum foil big enough to roll the husked corn cob up in. Rub olive oil around the foil so it will coat the cob. Then add salt, pepper, mesquite seasoning, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and whatever else I feel like to the olive on on the sheet. Roll it up in the foil and grill for 15 minutes, turning 3-4 times. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Back when I could have them, shuck and drop into a boiling pot for a couple of minutes, pullout and eat, pull the silk out and soak then wrap up and on the grill for about 5 min.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A micro wave does well, husk, and all, about three minutes an ear, shuck with cool water running on it so as to not burn your hands.

If I'm grilling, plop the ear husk on the grill, it may help to soak the husk so it does not catch fire, turn a few times, husk, and enjoy.

I don't think there any wrong way if you like it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Boil it. Salt and butter.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like to remove all but the last couple of layers of husk and then soak it in a pot of water for 20 minutes, put a little butter between the corn and remaining husk and cook it on the grill. Soaking it in the water helps to steam the corn as it cooks.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Boil. Salt pepper butter. 👅 yum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boil it with the crawfish.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Boil it. Salt and butter.

Yep. I wouldn't turn down grilled corn, but the difference in taste never was a big deal to me and it can get dried out. I boil corn 7 minutes if I'm putting it in the freezer after cutting it off, and 11 minutes if I'm eating it right there.

If doing it for a bunch of people, boil it with the husk on, shuck it with gloves while it's hot out of the kettle but don't pull the husk all the way off so it has a tail to grab ahold of. Have a gallon glass jar with hot water that you put butter in. The butter melts and floats on top......guests can grab the tail and dunk it in the jug, melted butter is coated on all sides. Works like a top and keeps the line moving.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

I fire up my grill on low. Put down a piece of aluminum foil big enough to roll the husked corn cob up in. Rub olive oil around the foil so it will coat the cob. Then add salt, pepper, mesquite seasoning, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and whatever else I feel like to the olive on on the sheet. Roll it up in the foil and grill for 15 minutes, turning 3-4 times. Enjoy!

Same page here bigfish. Doing that with some Rib-eye's I bought to make ka-bobs with. Onions, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and fresh pineapple. Yazaa! All this while watching the Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600. Could be a beer or two or ten involved.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Really good sweet corn doesn't need all this stuff on it IMHO. Boiled or grilled, I put little to nothing on good corn.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Shade, I do the olive oil in the wrap so it doesn't get dried out. Never had dry corn.

Growing up we ate it boiled or usually from the microwave. I never much liked it until I "discovered" my method above. Now I love it and look forward to it coming into season every year.

Used to head out to this farm of a friend when it was ready and it was stalk to plate in a few hours. Memories.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pull the husk back. Remove silk. Butter, salt pepper. Put the husk back. Wrap in foil and place on grill.

Of course, IMO the best to use is Peaches 'n Creme

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Really good sweet corn doesn't need all this stuff on it IMHO. Boiled or grilled, I put little to nothing on good corn.

I grew up in IL a.k.a. cornland and you're right. I like my seasonings tho!

Last edited by bigfish9684; 05/25/17.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either husk and all right onto the grill, or shucked and boiled/steamed for 10-15 minutes

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Shade, I do the olive oil in the wrap so it doesn't get dried out. Never had dry corn.

Growing up we ate it boiled or usually from the microwave. I never much liked it until I "discovered" my method above. Now I love it and look forward to it coming into season every year.

Used to head out to this farm of a friend when it was ready and it was stalk to plate in a few hours. Memories.

Yep you can grill corn without it getting dried, but gotta make some arrangements to do so. Like I said I wouldn't turn down grilled corn but I like it plenty boiled and its simple. Never made it microwaved but that would be almost blasphemy to fresh corn. Ha.

We have fresh sweet corn any day you want it when its in around here. Got several friends that raise it as well as 2 different produce farms that sell daily or you can put an order in for a specific day if you're doing a bunch to put away. One I could hit with a good slingshot, the other is about 3 miles away.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Boiled with a bit of salt and butter. But the majority of corn from our garden gets blanched, quenched in ice water, then cut off the cob and frozen in quart bags. We (four families including our kids and grandkids) enjoy it all year long just as much as fresh.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

I grew up in IL a.k.a. cornland and you're right. I like my seasonings tho!

10/4. I will have to try it your way one day this summer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We use a fairly large piece of thinish sheet steel over a hot bed of hardwood coals piled hgih with corn still in their husks covered with soaked burlap bags. Burlap imparts a nice flavor not found in other methods.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Actually, Mooma cooks corn in the microwave all the time. She shucks it and then wraps tightly in saran wrap. Microwave two ears for four or five minutes. I can not tell it from that done on the stove top.

I plant a little Early Sunglow to satisfy early cravings. But the rest of the corn patch is exclusively Golden Jubilee. Bodacious, Candy Corn and the other super sweets are great, on their one day of perfection. But I prefer Golden Jubilee because it is really good all week long.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1. Soak ears of corn in water for 10 minutes and then put the corn on medium frill in the husk and silk. Turn frequently and grill it in the husk for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Remove from grill and with a sharp knife cut off the bottom, just above the stalk.
3. Using gloves, twist/wring the corn in the husk to release silk.
4. Grab the top of the husk/silks and shake it.
5. Beautiful grilled corn on the cob falls out into your hand clean as a whistle. No shucking

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

598 members (19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,001 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,237
Posts18,447,813
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.