Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm struggling with photo's lately with the original site I used to host them collapsing and all pictures lost. So now I'm attempting to use the Google system. I don't easily see how to simply add photo's to a post as I have in the past. There only seems to be this link that is available?

https://goo.gl/photos/i6hu7wcxEAc5rBQbA

Anyway, aside from the struggle to manage this, I wanted to share some dive pictures from a week ago that I took with the Olympus TG-4 point and shoot waterproof camera. I mounted this waterproof camera in an Ikelite waterproof enclosure. Yep.... I'm a paranoid sort and I know I will exceed 100 feet deep so I wanted the extra pressure protection of the Ikelite. I also have a tray on the bottom that holds both the external flash and the focus and video lights. These pictures were all between 35 and 67 feet deep, the water was 49-51 degrees and visibility was from very poor at 3-4 feet to just plain poor at 10-12 feet. The Black and white octopus photo is quite a lot like it would appear at 65 feet deep without a light. More or less invisible. Most color is absorbed and dies below 30-40 feet, by 60 plus it's dark and cold and blue grey. However a bright hand held light brings everything back to life like a magic wand. As you can see in the full color photo right next to it.

Neverthrless the pictures from this rather inexpensive little dive camera surprised me. The screen on the back is bright and clear and allows good visibility even with my dive mask on. The controls on the Ikelite enclosure are small but well laid out and easily usable even with the 5mm neoprene wetsuit gloves on. The really nice function of the camera is a single button to take video. So switching from video to photo is just a single press of the record button. Quite nice in the dark deep water of puget sound with thick gloves on!

The battery on the focus light runs full power for 80 minutes. Nice to have that spare battery for the two tank dives. New air tank and new battery. You don't need a seperate dive light. Just fin along with the camera focus light on the whole time. Now the problem is that the camera takes so much of my focus I need to be tenatious about checking my air pressure! Good thing my dive buddy wife can now dive with me so between the two of us at least one will pay attention to remaining air pressure!

Having this camera has added a huge new dimension to the scuba experience!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neat stuff, and thanks for showing us the under world. An opportunity that most of us never explore. Envious,

1Minute
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm diving next weekend with a first time diver. My attention will be on her, but I will have my camera. I'll try to take some more photos of anything interesting down there.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, take the camera again, and we won't mind at all if one's attention is on her.

1Minute
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well ya know, girls in wetsuits are distracting at times

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That little camera takes some good pictures. I like the rat fish photo. I've seen a lot of those when diving Alki. The rockcrab and octopus are good too.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Alki is a gem right in the midst of that big city. Shore dive, easy access and amazing potential to see great cold water sea life.

Just low visibility and cold water to deal with.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
good stuff,that has to be a blast

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 15 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,188
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.