Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Federal overreach keeps on growing. I got a letter from the Game and Fish that it is time to renew the Registration on my pontoon boat. Feds now require a printed picture or a pencil rub of the serial number before it can be renewed. I have yet to find the number on this old boat, made back in the 1960's. I have had it registered and have the title from when I bought it but that is not enough. I talked to the woman at the Revenue office and She gave me a number to call at the Game and Fish, and said they would tell me where to look, to find the number, and if I could not they would send a person out to help. I told the Woman where I picked up proof of Personal Property assessment (required) that I figured at least 3 trips to the Revenue office before I got it registered, and She laughed and agreed. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
Federal overreach keeps on growing. I got a letter from the Game and Fish that it is time to renew the Registration on my pontoon boat. Feds now require a printed picture or a pencil rub of the serial number before it can be renewed. I have yet to find the number on this old boat, made back in the 1960's. I have had it registered and have the title from when I bought it but that is not enough. I talked to the woman at the Revenue office and She gave me a number to call at the Game and Fish, and said they would tell me where to look, to find the number, and if I could not they would send a person out to help. I told the Woman where I picked up proof of Personal Property assessment (required) that I figured at least 3 trips to the Revenue office before I got it registered, and She laughed and agreed. miles
It's the Coast Guard that's now requiring a hull number. I had to register mine but it didn't take a photo. I just wrote it down and entered it on an Idaho DMV online form. Quick and simple. They said that if there's no number to contact them to have one assigned and they tell you how to attach it to the boat.
It sounds like AR is doing it differently than ID is even though it's a federal thing.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
These are the kinds of things that make people hate government. I wish the farmer good luck as it's cali and he'll need all the luck he can get.

Yup, I don't like the meddling usacoe's, met two of them on the way out of a store one day, flung the door open in their faces trying to knock the fugg outta them, stopped and stared a pardon me men to em! mad fuggin pussies!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Today's problems require innovative time tested solutions

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember about 12 years ago when I was serving on a local city council and we wanted to put in a new road across the prairie to connect two main streets, and the Army Corps notified us we would have to mitigate wetlands on our project. What wetlands? I went out with the city engineer and walked the project - no wetlands. But they insisted that when excavation for the interstate was conducted in the sixties, that the earthmovers had taken dirt from the area to build an interchange, and thus, wetlands were created adjacent to the Laramie River. Stupidity.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Today's problems require innovative time tested solutions

[Linked Image]

Yup, there's a pod of those pussies that hang out in a building on the North side of town here, they've never fu-ked with me, but have heard stories for decades of their damn meddling!

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I remember about 12 years ago when I was serving on a local city council and we wanted to put in a new road across the prairie to connect two main streets, and the Army Corps notified us we would have to mitigate wetlands on our project. What wetlands? I went out with the city engineer and walked the project - no wetlands. But they insisted that when excavation for the interstate was conducted in the sixties, that the earthmovers had taken dirt from the area to build an interchange, and thus, wetlands were created adjacent to the Laramie River. Stupidity.

Fugg them and their wetlands BS, plus waters of the state/u.s.........................................certainly not a cause I'd wanna die for.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems he might should look into following the recommendations of his consultants?
From the article:

"Because the property has numerous swales and wetlands, Duarte hired a consulting firm to map out areas on the property that were not to be plowed because they were part of the drainage for Coyote and Oat creeks and were considered “waters of the United States.”

Francois conceded that some of the wetlands were plowed, but they were not significantly damaged. He said the ground was plowed to a depth of 4 inches to 7 inches."

(my highlighting)

Now, if a person hires "experts" to explain where to plow and where not to plow, then, according to an admission by an attorney, goes ahead and plows anyway............ and then ends up in court....................................

well, maybe that person needs to reconsider his actions?

Just sayin'

Geno

PS Perhaps he wasted his $$$$ on the consultants if he wasn't going to use their determinations anyway? confused

PPS What part of "were not to be plowed" did he not understand? wink (ref: "Shall not be infringed" )

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see an opportunity to pick on the vegetarians. The veggies food destroys fish and pollutes water. They must stop supporting vegetables. Time to eat only water.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The question is, what constitutes a wetland? From what I've read over the years, they don't seen to consider water a necessity for it to be wet. They look at the plants and animals there. If they find something that's normally found near water, they call it a wetland even though there is none. They do the same thing with endangered animals. If they find an area with plants or prey animals that an endangered animal normally uses, they will call it 'suitable habitat' and restrict it even though no endangered animals are found there.

― George Orwell

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Hull Identification Numbers were not a requirement on boats until 1972, so yours very well may not have one.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Sure hope these are not the regulations that govern draining the swamp.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The question is, what constitutes a wetland? From what I've read over the years, they don't seen to consider water a necessity for it to be wet. They look at the plants and animals there. If they find something that's normally found near water, they call it a wetland even though there is none. They do the same thing with endangered animals. If they find an area with plants or prey animals that an endangered animal normally uses, they will call it 'suitable habitat' and restrict it even though no endangered animals are found there.
Wrong, at least for some agency's determinations. Plants can be part of the rationale for the determination, but not the sole one. Things like soils can tell a LONG story if you know what you're looking at.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Under the Obama administration the EPA had risen to the power that they could regulate and control a mud puddle if they so chose to. Not sure what the current rules are, but I know Trump made some no beating around the bush Executive Orders concerning some of this stuff. Hopefully it made some needed changes.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Screw them, carve a few #'s in the hull and take a picture.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Thank you for boots on the ground. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to not quit my job as inspector at the city. Council and mayor do NOTHING. even when warned. Ahead of time. Then when something pisses off a voter or two, literally the right couple... its guess whose fault?

I hate government, small or large and wish I'd never started this job. Council does what the manager spoon feeds them to do... but I digress

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hull Identification Numbers were not a requirement on boats until 1972, so yours very well may not have one.

That is what I am thinking too. Working with the possum cops, it may be fall before I get it registered. We shall see. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pointer
Wrong, at least for some agency's determinations. Plants can be part of the rationale for the determination, but not the sole one. Things like soils can tell a LONG story if you know what you're looking at.
You said it yourself - soil. Not the bottom of a pond or creek, soil. If there's no water or indication that it's periodically wet, it's not a wetland. How many years back does it have to be dry before it doesn't qualify as a wetland? 100? 200? I live in the high desert but 1000's of years ago, when Lake Bonneville collapsed, this was under water. Is it still a wetland? The same soil is here.

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

to be a wetland, the area has to have the right type of plants growing in it, the right chemical composition of the soil and the right microbiology living in the soil. An expert can go out and look for the right vegetation and did soil samples where the vegetation changes and see if the microbiology etc change as well. That would determine the limits of what is a wetland and what is not. The rules also do not really call out that wetlands cannot be disturbed. You cannot put fill material into the wetlands. Simply discing or plowing the wetlands should not have caused a violation to my understanding because no fill or dredged material was added. The only fill would come from erosion of the plowed soil, which is supposed to be exempt from the farming operation. It would be much easier to get people to work with the rules if they were more common sense.

For instance, the ACOE has jurisdiction on wetlands that are on navigable waters of the US. How can wetlands in highway ditches and small spring fed puddles in the Wyoming prairie be considered navigable waters of the US? Luckily for us, all of the ACOE employees that we have dealt with have been very good to work with, and even helpful. The only question is, should the even be involved on many projects.

G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rost495

Thank you for boots on the ground. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to not quit my job as inspector at the city. Council and mayor do NOTHING. even when warned. Ahead of time. Then when something pisses off a voter or two, literally the right couple... its guess whose fault?

I hate government, small or large and wish I'd never started this job. Council does what the manager spoon feeds them to do... but I digress

Hang in there, rost. We need your info on the 'Fire. And your city needs you. It just doesn't know it.

Retired cat herder.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,415
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.