Print Thread
Hop To
S
S99VG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
It is interesting and I really don't think I'll blow this one for anybody!

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/649576781

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You gotta love optimism!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They're good ol' boys over in Houston. Used to go in there every couple of months when I lived there. They had lots of goodies!

I am no longer accepting orders for the Lightfoot scope mount.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Look's like someone found something while planting their tomatoe's.

S
S99VG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I wouldn't mind digging something like that up in the garden. But it is amazing how anything of something like that survives considering how corrosive black powder is. I've seen replica cap and ball 1858 New Army Remingtons look that bad left without cleaning for a few years. You can only imagine what black powder firearms looked like after a short stint under battle field conditions.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If I dug one up like that in my garden, I'd let it go for half that much. How much is an original Walker worth? Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a transition Winchester pre-64 Model 70 in 250-3000 off of them. Then they gave me dibs on a near mint pre war Super Grade which I took as well. This was awhile back, but they were great people to work with.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
On the first page they had two Gatling guns, and there were 24 pages. I'd like to get a job there just dusting the guns, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
All those Walkers and Pattersons, oh my.

My grandmother's BIL was a an antique gun "scrounger", for lack of a better term. He traveled around east central Pennsylvania during the Depression, going door to door at farms and villages asking if they had any old guns they wanted to sell. His standard rate was $1 for percussion Colts. When he accumulated a trunk full he drove them to to a dealer in Philadelphia who gave him $1.50-$2 apiece for them. I don't know his pricing structure for muskets, early Winchesters, what have you- my dad who told me the story didn't remember anything but the Colt prices. He done "r-u-n-n-o-f-t" sometime before I was born.

My great grandfather, who was the local "country gunsmith" advised the guy about quality/repairs needed, and skimmed the good stuff before Uncle Frank made the journey down to Philly. You should have seen his collection- by the early 60's when he (great gramps) was nearing 90 years old he was totally blind but still had his gun collection, racks of delectable long guns and cases of pistols, and he knew where each one was. He held court in his "man cave" and if anyone had played a prank and switched guns in the rack, he knew it and would get all bent out of shape. He was the guy from whom I learned to cuss in Pennsylvania Dutch on those occasions. He cashed out before he died, and only saved a couple guns to pass down to his two sons and grandkids. My dad got a Burnside carbine, and I still have it.

And y'all wonder why I'm a gun nut...

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
131 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,821 guests, and 808 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.