Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Things like this are why I rarely take light rail (especially on the East side) and when I do I'm strapped.

Took some guts to confront this guy and it cost them dearly. I know it's going against the 24HRCF narrative, but doesn't matter if they were Muslim/Hindu/Christan/whatever. When someone is intimidating the weak, it needs to be stopped. Those guys were heros.

Charges filed against man accused of yelling anti-Muslim slurs, stabbing 3 on MAX

Last edited by Steve; 05/27/17.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve
I know it's going against the 24HRCF narrative, but doesn't matter if they were Muslim/Hindu/Christan/whatever. When someone is intimidating the weak, it needs to be stopped. Those guys were heros.

Where the hell does that come from? There are plenty of fine men here who would have done the same thing and not thought twice about getting involved. I would dare to guess at least a majority of the regulars anyways.

And you're right they are heroes.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Darwin Award Winners Attempt to Suppress Free Speech

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Things like this are why I rarely take light rail (especially on the East side) and when I do I'm strapped.

Took some guts to confront this guy and it cost them dearly. I know it's going against the 24HRCF narrative, but doesn't matter if they were Muslim/Hindu/Christan/whatever. When someone is intimidating the weak, it needs to be stopped. Those guys were heros.

Charges filed against man accused of yelling anti-Muslim slurs, stabbing 3 on MAX

Yeah, we pretty much torture all of the Muslims in our area. I learned it on the fire.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeezlus. Da fug is wrong with people?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Worse crimes than this happen every single day across the country but somebody involved was wearing a hajib so we better make it national news. This way sheep....

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
OP Steve makes a huge leap in determining 24HCF members would tolerate and be supportive of that kind of behavior. That is what cell phones are for. If you intervene without proper training and equipment, you might suffer severe consequences.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're gonna confront a lunatic, you'd best be prepared to meet their level of crazy

Condolences to the friends and family of the slain

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"In Oregon, prosecutors can use the state’s intimidation laws to charge people with hate crimes."

"Police are investigating the hate speech."

Because double murder is just so passe?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
An armed felon who pled down several cases, who should have been in prison instead of walking the streets, now murders 2 citizens who heroically confronted him as he attempted another assault. That's the story, but its now being played as representing 'generalized anti-Muslim hatred'.

This was despicable and hopefully the soft-on-crime legal system in Portland in particular and OR in general, will send him to prison for the rest of his life. If OR has a death penalty, here is the poster child candidate for this punishment.

I would like to see more stories accurately depicting the daily racially motivated murders which happen every day as black on white violence drives crime in our society. This is not a racist statement but simply a result of objectively analyzing crime statistics nationally.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 05/27/17.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That guy was looking to stab somebody that day, didn't really matter whom. The women were probably the first easy target he saw..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Moral of story-

Why didn't I carry a gun today?

LOL
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Took some guts to confront this guy and it cost them dearly...doesn't matter if they were Muslim/Hindu/Christan/whatever. When someone is intimidating the weak, it needs to be stopped. Those guys were heros.

I agree.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
If you're gonna confront a lunatic, you'd best be prepared to meet their level of crazy

Condolences to the friends and family of the slain

Yes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Calling Muslim names is protected speach. The bystanders probably assaulted this guy and he defended himself.

[Linked Image from ]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
An armed felon who pled down several cases, who should have been in prison instead of walking the streets, now murders 2 citizens who heroically confronted him as he attempted another assault. That's the story, but its now being played as representing 'generalized anti-Muslim hatred'.

Yep, it's already garnered more airtime than the muslim who killed nine people at the Umpqua Community College near Roseburg, Oregon, back in 2015 after asking them their religion. Remember the whitewashed pictures of the killer CNN released? Remember they were investigating his mother for providing the guns? Wonder whatever became of that? Seriously, it was in the news for maybe a week and haven't heard a peep since then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umpqua_Community_College_shooting

Last edited by GreatWaputi; 05/27/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, IIRC, they called him a Mexican. until they could no longer make that work....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264

Yep, it's already garnered more airtime than the muslim who killed nine people at the Umpqua Community College near Roseburg, Oregon, back in 2015 after asking them their religion. Remember the whitewashed pictures of the killer CNN released? Remember they were investigating his mother for providing the guns? Wonder whatever became of that? Seriously, it was in the news for maybe a week and haven't heard a peep since then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umpqua_Community_College_shooting

There is so much about that story that stinks.

Knowing facts first hand about it, being up there the following morning and watching news crews
report on it at the scene.....so much of the real story was ignored and then changed to fit politically
correct narratives...

just proved to me that you really can't trust ANY news outlet to report what really happened.

as usual, the news outlets and the political controlling DemocRATS in Oregon and Potland are going
to milk this entire incident to the Max, just to justify and get more support for their Political agenda.

and of course they are going to label the guy a white supremacist, even if he was, or even if he wasn't and they
have no proof of it...that is how the news media operates...

the entire incident could have also gotten started with the Muslim women giving that guy a bunch of crap, for not
moving out of their way and it just got out of hand, when some Potland libs thought it was there job to 'come to the aid' of
some poor Muslim women getting harassed by some 'White Supremacist Guy'...

I'll bet ya the entire story has more fabrication than true facts to it..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick Best, one of two men killed in a brutal attack Friday aboard a MAX train, was a city of Portland employee, Army veteran and onetime candidate for Clackamas County commissioner.
[Linked Image]

Best, 53, worked as a technician for the city Bureau of Development Services, said David Austin, a spokesman for Portland Commissioner Chloe Eudaly.

He was headed to his home in Happy Valley when he and two others intervened as a man began hurling epithets at two teenagers aboard a MAX Green Line train, witnesses said. The man then pulled a knife and stabbed the three men, killing two and injuring one.

Best had three teenage sons and a 12-year-old daughter, Austin said.

Best grew up in Oregon, mostly in Salem, and attended Vocational Village High School in Portland.

He met his wife at Portland Community College, and then joined the Army. He said in a voter pamphlet statement that he served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Best retired from the Army as a platoon sergeant for Corps maintenance in 2012 after 23 years in the military. He joined his family in Happy Valley and quickly became frustrated with the county board, in 2014 launching an unsuccessful campaign in which he said he would not accept donations.

In January 2015, he began working for the city as a technician.

His supervisor at the Bureau of Development Services, Kareen Perkins, said Best was a dedicated employee who was well-liked by his tight-knit team.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
OP Steve makes a huge leap in determining 24HCF members would tolerate and be supportive of that kind of behavior. That is what cell phones are for. If you intervene without proper training and equipment, you might suffer severe consequences.

Repeated for truth. No different than trying to save someone that is drowning if you can't swim. You don't help either one of you. Other wise be a LIVE WITNESS.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.