Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by jnyork
Hope they let it set with the idiots car still in it.

I want to point out the Iowa license plate on that car.

Those people are just downright dangerous. grin

Probably following the GPS instructions on the car phone...maybe,

or, knowing the way Iowa likes to salt roads, perhaps they just felt the need for a solid undercoat. laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ok, you guys are most likely right that someone was not paying enough attention. There is however the slimmest of possibilities that the driver went into the cones to avoid an accident with the car ahead of them. Could've been the "accordion effect" from many cars up ahead and the choice was new concrete or someone's rear bumper. But probably not.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That traffic control is illegal per the Federal MUTCD ( manual uniform traffic control devices). Can't mix devices....in other words, can't have barrel, barrel, cone, delineator, channelizer, etc. Not to mention spacing, taper length, pre warning signs, and so on. A novice lawyer could have that construction company paying to fix that Morons car no problem. I've sat through hour after painful hour of traffic control training and it doesn't matter if it's an interstate, county road, etc.....better have your [bleep] together because the actual person responsible for setting that up or approving it (i.e. Inspector, foreman, city manager) can be held criminally responsible. The driving public is more retarded than a herd of sheep.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by hardway
The driving public is more retarded than a herd of sheep.

And THAT is a fact!!!!!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've always believed that God put sheep on the earth to look for a reason to die -
MUCH of the driving public is a VERY small step behind!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had he been going 107mph, he'd have made it through.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Had he been going 107mph, he'd have made it through.

For sure, there were CLEARLY no workers there at the time.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Brazos
Just mud..

LOTS of surveyors and other construction workers have been killed by idiots like this.

Before you want my scalp for azzing around here about this, I'd venture that you perhaps missed this recent thread,.....

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12054065/1

as you'll see, MANY hear are in complete agreement with your comment.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Brazos
Just mud..

LOTS of surveyors and other construction workers have been killed by idiots like this.

Before you want my scalp for azzing around here about this, I'd venture that you perhaps missed this recent thread,.....

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12054065/1

as you'll see, MANY hear are in complete agreement with your comment.

GTC

You're right, I had missed that.
Thanks.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Oh gee wiz why is it muddy in the middle of the street????

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Stupid biotch- bastad needs to be behind bars with the 107 M P H pi$$head, I would love to have been there , honking and laughing!!! $tupid S O B prob. didn't put the cell phone down long enough to know what even happened!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This isn't unlike another idiot driver we talked about here some time ago. She was approaching a stopped school bus in the oncoming lane. To avoid stopping for bus's lights, she went right, over the curb, between some trees, and onto the sidewalk. She drove down the sidewalk until she was past the bus. Luckily, some quick thinking person got it all on video.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's no way they would have caught her on film had she been going 107mph.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That traffic control is illegal per the Federal MUTCD ( manual uniform traffic control devices). Can't mix devices....in other words, can't have barrel, barrel, cone, delineator, channelizer, etc. Not to mention spacing, taper length, pre warning signs, and so on. A novice lawyer could have that construction company paying to fix that Morons car no problem. I've sat through hour after painful hour of traffic control training and it doesn't matter if it's an interstate, county road, etc.....better have your [bleep] together because the actual person responsible for setting that up or approving it (i.e. Inspector, foreman, city manager) can be held criminally responsible. The driving public is more retarded than a herd of sheep.
It doesn't take too much intelligence on the part of the driver to see that she wasn't supposed to turn there, but looking at the barrels and posts, the spacing and the change from barrels to posts COULD lead a dense person to think that she had an opening into a turn lane. The gap is big enough to drive a truck through.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by jnyork
Hope they let it set with the idiots car still in it.

I want to point out the Iowa license plate on that car.

Those people are just downright dangerous. grin

That's for sure!

Bunch of idiots, all of 'em.

Oh wait........

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[/quote]It doesn't take too much intelligence on the part of the driver to see that she wasn't supposed to turn there, but looking at the barrels and posts, the spacing and the change from barrels to posts COULD lead a dense person to think that she had an opening into a turn lane. The gap is big enough to drive a truck through.
[/quote]

Your giving the driving public too much credit, I could tell 20 years worth of stories but I already have plans today. Fact of the matter....even when it's perfect, people still make mistakes.....People in general are NOT trained to deal with even basic traffic control scenarios and that's ASSuming they are even paying attention. We basically plan for the most retarded driver possible and get shown up regularly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It doesn't take too much intelligence on the part of the driver to see that she wasn't supposed to turn there, but looking at the barrels and posts, the spacing and the change from barrels to posts COULD lead a dense person to think that she had an opening into a turn lane. The gap is big enough to drive a truck through.

Unless the cone that was there, is now under the car.... smile

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Guess what you Nebraska boys that have blown out your mouths, it was a Lincoln yoot that was driving the car GFY is in order

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blanket
Guess what you Nebraska boys that have blown out your mouths, it was a Lincoln yoot that was driving the car GFY is in order

Heard that the other day, tho didn't hear if he was a recent import or native.

Regardless, obviously had been taught to drive by the owner of the Iowa car, tho. grin

I don't know the whole story, Could be that a previous idiot had knocked a cone away making it look like an opening for a turn lane or that the construction crew just set it up wrong. Could be the idiot kid saw a slow line of traffic and thought he could cut past on the left. I've definitely encountered plenty of construction zones where I'm going "WTF is this screwy layout and where am I supposed to drive?".

Nobody hurt, so fair to have a laugh.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
An article I read said that there was no cone there so he didn't drive over it. It was a large gap but didn't say who was responsible for that. The kid still gets the bill unless he can get a judge to rule otherwise.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

614 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,028 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,272
Posts18,448,347
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.