Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#12057895 05/28/17
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Does anyone know how to "fix", soybeans into a dish that is good?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Not sure they're fit for human consumption.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do not eat them raw!! Do a quick search to understand why. Short version, they will F..k you up.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My son has a very successful business turning soybeans into Tempeh. I believe that he is currently the largest independent manufacturer/distributer on the east Coast.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Richard - I remember one year when the "must have" take-away from the Spencer Fair was a "pistol" that used them for ammunition.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trash can?

I like soy sauce and miso, never been much of fan of the beans by themselves.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wabi,

look up edamame recipes, that might get you started.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Extremely high in estrogen... eat them and prepare to meet your sensitive side!

Seriously... women with breast cancer are told to avoid them... and probably should in general.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
when converted to Tempeh, the estrogen goes away in the process. High in protein, easily digestible, tasty.

Sam......

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I soaked some beans in salt water, and roasted them on a cookie sheet near forty years ago, a wee tad bit hard. Perhaps if they were soaked a lot longer?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
when converted to Tempeh, the estrogen goes away in the process. High in protein, easily digestible, tasty.

Sam,

is your son's Tempeh distributed across the country or just on the east coast?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Had never heard of tempeh until now so I used my google-foo... seems much research still says women should avoid soy and include tempeh in the mix. I have a Chinese friend with a PhD in food science and an MD... he will get me the real skinny on it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Had never heard of tempeh until now so I used my google-foo... seems much research still says women should avoid soy and include tempeh in the mix. I have a Chinese friend with a PhD in food science and an MD... he will get me the real skinny on it.

laughing. You do that. smile

Originally Posted by Valsdad

Sam,

is your son's Tempeh distributed across the country or just on the east coast?

Geno

we do our own distribution in Florida. We ship anywhere.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a wonder womanhood has survived until now?

Ever checked the ingredients on packaged food? Lol

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Sam,

Once I get settled in at the retirement place I'll look into it and contact you for more info.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Alex says Bullshit on tempeh doing anything to the isoflavones... They are not reduced in any way by the processing.

Lots of specific info says women with estrogen receptor breast cancers should stay away.

Found a bunch of sites that agree with Alex and none I found say the estrogen mimics are destroyed during any processing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
1. Have you ever looked at the labels on pre-packaged food?? There's soybean, soybean oil, soybean lecithin, etc in phuggin EVERYTHING, and it has been for a VERY LONG TIME.

2. I'm not saying people with a soy allergy should eat soy. But not EVERYBODY, like all these self-proclaimed health experts trying to sell you THEIR latest snake oil want to make you believe, has soy allergies.

Geez O' Phuggin Pete.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
1. Have you ever looked at the labels on pre-packaged food?? There's soybean, soybean oil, soybean lecithin, etc in phuggin EVERYTHING, and it has been for a VERY LONG TIME.

2. I'm not saying people with a soy allergy should eat soy. But not EVERYBODY, like all these self-proclaimed health experts trying to sell you THEIR latest snake oil want to make you believe, has soy allergies.

Geez O' Phuggin Pete.

Uhhh... read up on the science behind isoflavones... it is there and real. It is not like the "Low Fat Diet" garbage that made it possible for dairies to sell milk after they stole all the goody out of it.

Funny, but estrogen receptor breast cancers have been increasing rapidly. Some say the numbers say we are doing a better job finding it, but that would have died out by now while the numbers continue to rise... you say it is in everything processed? Interesting, I wonder if processed food consumption is increasing... funny, that might be data worth looking into.

Oh, they have been...

Funny, those researchers suggest women should stay away from estrogenic foods...

Discussing it is far from being a food Nazi. I ate a bunch of edamame while eating sushi and sashimi just last week...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Alex says Bullshit on tempeh doing anything to the isoflavones... They are not reduced in any way by the processing.

Lots of specific info says women with estrogen receptor breast cancers should stay away.

Found a bunch of sites that agree with Alex and none I found say the estrogen mimics are destroyed during any processing.

Alex is an idiot, but carry on

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Alex is an idiot, but carry on

Yup, complete idiot... more patents on medical devices in heavy use than you have had wives. An immigrant that managed to get a PhD and a MD... and he is at least 30 years younger than you...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,308
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.