-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've gotta do this next year, gents. Just passed through the area on Wednesday returning from work in SE Arizona. It's been crazy busy lately and I can't break free. Hope you all have a great time!!!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Made it home safely before noon. It was great to see the old gang again and I enjoyed meeting new folks.

Have to thank Paul and Maddie for the hospitality and their efforts toward organizing things, and Kent and Cheryl for the their usual fine effort and culinary skills. Also should probably thank the gents attending from the other side of the Mississippi - Miles for the addictive whiskey and the coonass contingent for once again demonstrating their shooting skills to us.

Last edited by DARBY; 07/31/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great seeing everyone! We left very early this morning in Junction at the moment

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mary has already decided on what she wants for her birthday next month!

A bow and arrows. wink

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rolled in about 5:00 this evening. Wonderful time and wonderful friends, as usual! Thanks to everyone for the time and effort invested, and the unmatched camaraderie.
erie.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wish I could have been there. At least I got to go fishing yesterday! Missed all you guys.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dennis - some of us envy your fishing opportunities and wish we could be there.

This was a wonderful gathering - the folks, the food, the shooting, the interaction and friendships - all GREAT. Thanks to all who did their part to make it so and those who traveled so far.

Even with all of that fun, we sure missed Mark, Dennis, kaywoodie, OWL, Roninphx, elkhunternm, Jon, etc. - and those who might have come as newbies.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Seafire got here about 9:30 last night. We had a nice visit, and it's good to see him, again.
You folks must have worn him out - Joy's waiting to serve him breakfast!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anjin
Mary has already decided on what she wants for her birthday next month!

A bow and arrows. wink

Norm

Norm, it was nice meeting you and your lovely family. This year a bow & arrow, next year a .22 smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many thanks to everyone who organized the trip and a special thanks to Kent for cooking all the great grub for us. A great time was had by all - especially my daughter, Julia, who didn't want to leave - she had a blast and cannot wait to go next year. It was great seeing everyone again and making new friends as well.

Norm: I'm glad Mary and Julia were able to play - Julia had a great time with her and they both enjoyed shooting Julia's bow. I was happy too - until Julia shot an arrow high into the air and it fell, hitting the roof of my vehicle. At least it didn't pierce the steel roof, but it did make a nice dent! Let me know if y'all are ever headed to El Paso - I know Julia would love to play with Mary again. Just make sure you get Mary a bow that isn't too heavy for her to pull - around 18 or so lbs. should do it. PSE and Bear make great youth bows and you can find them easily on Amazon or fleabay.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/31/17.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hi Guys!
Tex_n_ Cal and I got home very late Sun after a 1000 mile drive, but all in one piece, at least. The floor has finally stopped moving under my feet, I think.

Many thanks to all the people who set up, organized and cooked for all of us, and thanks to the guys whose conversation made the whole thing worthwhile. Hope we can do this again next year.

Safe and fun travels to all in the meantime. Bless you and yours.

The kids and I got home late yesterday evening. We had a great time once again this year. There aren't enough words to express my thanks to everyone who took the time to share their time and knowledge with both Jace and Jocelyn this week and everyone else who planned and carried out all of the activities so that we could just show up, pitch our tent and enjoy the company of our Armijo Springs family. We are already looking forward to next summer's gathering.

Few places in this world are more dangerous than home. Fear not, therefore, to try the mountain passes. They will kill care, save you from deadly apathy, set you free, and call forth every faculty into vigorous, enthusiastic action. ~ John Muir
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Nobody took pictures?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Nobody took pictures?

I took a few crummy ones that I will try to figure out how to post.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We made it home this morning about 1 am. We kinda cheated by spending Sunday night at the Largo Motel in Quemado. Got a hot bath and a goods night sleep. Left about 7:30 am Monday and got home about 1 am this morning.

There is one thing you can always count on, if you can make it to Armijo Springs... Great friends and Great food. I think it just gets better every year!

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones and I hope to see yall all again next year!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I have some pics, will share when there is time, but seems like a lot needs to be done right now. Thanks again to all the old and new friends who made this a special event in my life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got thru unpacking and putting away stuff. I found a stapler that isn't mine. It's an Arrow T-50 chrome metal stapler.

Who lost one?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Reports of friends being home safe and sound are excellent - expressions of such enjoyment seem even better.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Just got thru unpacking and putting away stuff. I found a stapler that isn't mine. It's an Arrow T-50 chrome metal stapler.

Who lost one?

It's mine, Randy. I'll get it from you next year,

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I made to the ranch just after 11:00 PM last night, having had breakfast with Blue, Miles, Randy, and Allen at the Largo Cafe, Motel, and Local Gathering Place. grin

I thoroughly enjoyed myself (as usual) and am really sorry I missed Jon and Brian who left before I got there in Friday afternoon.

Thanks, Kent and Cheryl, for all your hard work putting out all that great food for us. Once again, you show your Servant's Heart.

Ben, please pass on my thanks to your bride for those great chili burritos. I think I'm addicted to them now. grin

To all of the rest of you, thank you for making this such a great time and a great memory. I really enjoyed the shooting competitions and the camaraderie. Having the young folks there was an added bonus, watching them enjoy the outdoors and seeing what fine people they are.

For those who couldn't be there, one young lady, Jocelyn, came in second in the Three Shot Group Shoot with a borrowed rifle. She had only fired a centerfire rifle once before in her life and that was the day before!
The Shoot was at 100 yards from a rest, centerfire hunting rifle, smallest three shot group with at least one touching the 1" orange dot . She put three into 0.84", beating out Allen, who put his three into 0.85" ! grin

The winner of that particular shoot was Milo (nifty-two-fifty) with a 0.76" group, all shots in the orange dot! Boys and Girls, if Milo challenges you to a shooting contest with hunting rifles, you'd best bring your "A" game!

The Bowling Pin Shoot was a ton o' fun, too. A double-elimination tournament with Allen and Patrick (tex-n-cal) shooting it out for first place, Patrick hanging in there and winning it. It was so much fun several folks stayed at that range afterwards just to keep shooting the pins. grin I'd hate to pay the ammo bill for that particular shoot... eek

Another youth highlight was during that shoot was with mudhen's grandson, Jace, shooting a borrowed Colt Delta Elite in 10mm. The young man can shoot!

Several ladies also competed in the pin shoot and showed us that the "fairer sex" should better not be underestimated when it comes to shooting pistols. grin

Thanks to Paul and Maddy for all their work and friendship and to their neighbor, Janet, for hanging around with us and also helping out. Great folks!

I was great to finally meet folks with whom I've chatted with here in the 'Fire and their families. As always, it is a gathering of very fine people who enrich our lives. I've made new friends and hope to see them again in the future.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.