Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken,

Sorry to hear about the medical issue. I wish you a speedy recovery.

- Kevin

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gentlemen,

I didn't think there was much chance that I would make it, but things have worked out much better than expected. I have been tied up on the east coast for the past three weeks taking care of family business, and paying some last visits to very elderly relatives. I haven't been online at all for a couple of weeks.

My brother and I zipped back across the country to his home in Colorado Springs. I got my laundry done today so I can head south first thing in the morning. My brother will stay here to get reacquainted with his wife, so I will be coming alone, except my old Jack Russell, "Scout" will be with me. She is a veteran of two visits to Tonto Basin so she will be happy to see some of her human friends again.

Kent, and Paul, sorry for the short notice. I will be happy to take my place at the end of the chow line and take my chances.

I am excited to see a bunch of you fellows again. Ken, so sorry you won't be there, but you are in my thoughts. Safe travels, everyone.

Milo Johnson

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Cool Milo!

A lot of weather this week already and be ready for more up there, we got 1 1/2 inches sunday night/monday morning.

Kent

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Milo - this is good news. We will get an extra side of beef.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I still plan on going,Milo.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boy, when it rains, it pours. I'm still trying to get out of town. If it's not one thing, it's another. Hoping to see you gentlemen late this afternoon.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All packed up and ready to go. As soon as the girls get their appearance adjusted to their satisfaction, we will hit the road.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Safe travels, friends!
Wish I could be there with you, but I'll have to settle for pics and stories again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we're leaving shortly, see you folks tomorrow.

While I think of it, I forgot that my pop-up shelter got tornado'd a couple years ago, so no, won't have one.

I will be bringing about 8 pounds of ground pork, ready to season for sausage.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Safe travels folks - Tom we are going to miss you and yours.

Ben - tell the gals to quit fussing - the guys will be the ultimate judge of satisfactory appearance..

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC

Ben - tell the gals to quit fussing - the guys will be the ultimate judge of satisfactory appearance..

Can't believe that you wasted time saying that! I have long since concluded that women do not adjust their appearance to appeal to men. It's about what they feel themselves.

What is the rough count of attendees now?

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Y'all have fun!
Wish we were there to join in the camaraderie!
Due to being over-loaded - time-wise, we hope to see you next year!
Again - have fun, and hug all your respective loved ones - for us! (and yourselves)
Life can turn sour quickly!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My daughter (Julia) and I plan to leave El Paso tomorrow (Friday) morning before 9:00 AM MT, if possible. That should put us in Armijo Springs around 2:00 - 2:30. See everyone there!

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not able to make this one, hopefully next year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Radio news reports that the City of Albuquerque, which is of course along the Rio Grande, and environs should expect flash floods, flooding of low lying areas and streets, and much run-off from the mountains.
Over on the east side of the Sandias, we are currently seeing a thunderstorm at 4:30 pm.

Norm

Last edited by Anjin; 07/27/17.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by CCCC

Can't believe that you wasted time saying that! I have long since concluded that women do not adjust their appearance to appeal to men. It's about what they feel themselves.

What is the rough count of attendees now?

Norm

Some women never adapt to the outdoors. My first wife, bless her heart, thought she would go camping at the Mint 400 one year with me and my friends. Now she is not the outdoorsy type in the least. I get up early and start cooking breakfast and when it is ready here she comes out of the tent, holding a BUTANE CURLING IRON doing her hair. crazy Now this is in the middle of the desert, dusty windy ect. Not going to stay clean no matter how hard you try with the trucks flying by. smile

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife just told me that she has never slept in a tent.

I believe that the kids have.

Norm

Norman Solberg
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Right - we realize any such fussing is NOT for man appeal - it's self-respect on their part

But, that purpose may fly right past guys. When they got to camp, the guys saw mom and daughter as lovely ladies - way beyond satisfactory. They pitched tents, set up camp and fit right in with this bunch. Ben should be a proud fellow.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Go to work this weekend,so,I cannot make it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are apt to be in sometime in late Friday afternoon since all have expressed an interest in seeing Pietown!

Norm

Norman Solberg
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.