Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Our daughter (age 14 - 5'3" and growing) loves hunting & fishing and wants to get her own bow to start target shooting, so I am starting to look around to see if I can find a bow with accessories that maybe isn't being used? Looking for something like a Diamond Infinite Edge Pro (RH) that has a wide range of adjustment to keep up with her as she grows. If you happen to have one available please send me a pm with details. Planning to make a trip to an archery shop this week to let her try a few new bows, but am hoping to find a cheaper used option if I can. Thanks!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pretty hard bow to beat with that Diamond.

Have you joined up on archerytalk??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Yes, I hadn't been on that forum in a while, but have started checking the classifieds over there this weekend, too. I just missed a Diamond bow there this past week, but will keep watching for another one. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited by Proud_Dad; 05/30/17.

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I bought my daughter a mission crave I believe it is. Adjustable from 15-70# draw weight and up to a 29" draw length. The thing shoots whisper quiet and smooth!

Camp is where you make it.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by tzone
I bought my daughter a mission crave I believe it is. Adjustable from 15-70# draw weight and up to a 29" draw length. The thing shoots whisper quiet and smooth!

It's the Mission Craze, or Craze II, bought the same one for my daughter. She's 6+ and pulling 11-12 pounds, no issues and a good investment for a growing archer.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Kids have Mission Craze, great bows. I think and i could be wrong that Mission and Diamond are really the only 2 that have such a huge adjustable draw weight.

Spendy but my daughter should have hers for very long time. And my son depends how tall he gets. I could see maybe something bigger. But still years and years down the road.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I bought a PSE Infinity. RH, 60# max.
24.5-30" draw length adj, limb bolts can adjust 15 turns (backed way off to #? ).
Doesnt say what the actual weight would be, proly due to varying where draw length set.
80% letoff. 30" ATA

Accessories a little on the cheap side. Sight OK, I removed two pins and the level, and the stupid red ring on the sight body (sticker).
Quiver had cheap QD bracket............did direct bolt up. Much better.
Swapped wrist sling and stabilizer, yanked red slide and went black. Bow looks MUCH better without the red all over (camo).
Shoots OK, feels alright.

My issue is with the factory string. It sucks. Has not been shot in yet, and won't stay close to position (peep rotation) for me to even shoot it in.
10 shots and it jumps way out. Solution is to change string. Proshop has a Mathews Tiger string, many badmouth that string but I had good luck with them.
Maybe not the best but certainly better than the POS that's on my Infinity.

Infinity came with peep that had an aligned (rubber tubing type). I hate those and served in a Fletcher Tru peep, like I have done on all my bows for decades.

List is 600. BP and other places on web have them for 499.
Taking mine to the gunshow tomorrow, no arrows, 350 w Fletchunter release. Put it on my dad's table.

Shot it less than 50 times.

Will use that $ to put down on a new Blackidow PCH riser. If my back goes out and I cant hunt, so be it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.