Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Not sure exactly how it works since last year my application was mailed back to me unopened. Is the nonresident application date of July 17th the deadline or first day they accept?

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are first days and cutoffs. Non residents get last chance before 2nd round. Once all tags are filled, apps are returned unopened. If you didn't submit too soon, then all license must have been issued.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
July 17th is the first day the treasurers will accept applications from non residents. If it gets there earlier, you get it back.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Up into the '80s, I used to go to the courthouse in Gettysburg for my tag, but eventually they became effectively unavailable for non-res types. Not long after, I shifted my hunting grounds to WV where things became simpler.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
CBB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
NR are accepted July 17. Depending on where you mail from I would send it out a day or two early. Depending on where you are hunting you should look into the DMAP program. Resisents and NR can but otc as soon as liscenses go on sale. Some need a landowner voucher. Go to www.pgc.state.pa.us and use the DMAP link click on the county you hunt and find tags. Its that easy.

Hunt...
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I always mail my PA doe apps on the Thursday or Friday before they start accepting them, which is always a Monday. I have NEVER been denied my 1st choice and never sent back.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What WMU are you applying for?

Some sell out nearly instantly, some don't.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Since you can send to any county treasurer regardless of the WMU you apply for I would send to a close county and mail no earlier than 2 days before. I have my doubts that they send them back if they have tags available and it gets there 1 day early. They want your money! If tags are gone then that's a different story.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I am applying for 3C.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You should have no problem getting a tag in 3C they usually have some left for a second round of sales. I send there myself.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dale K
July 17th is the first day the treasurers will accept applications from non residents. If it gets there earlier, you get it back.

Dale

^This

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Monday for residents. Can drop them in the mail today.
-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just mailed mine for 2D. The application has a couple twists this year. Like what is the check number? What date was the application signed?

Check No....What if you leave it blank or mess up the number? Why is it necessary? They have the actual check with the app. A reason for reject because the app wasn't filled out completely? Date signed....If it is after the postmark....a reason for reject?

Last edited by battue; 07/09/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
mailed my app to Delaware County treasurer on Friday morning...Awarded my 3C antlerless tag at 10:10 AM today. Same for my wife, mother, and father. No complaints about any part of the system here.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I really don't know how it's that hard. Especially for the people that have been doing it for years. Twists? It's two blanks on apiece of paper. Fill them out, and send it in. It's not like a blank space is hidden on the back of the application to trick you or keep you from getting a tag. All the instructions are right there on the pink envelope. Read them, check them off as you complete them, and drop it in the mail. Simple.

OP, if you're hunting n clearfield or Jefferson county, about 2,800 additional dmap tags will be issued for dma3, due to cwd. No waiting to apply, just buy them when they go on sale(should be in a day or two). Good luck!

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It's not hard, but there are two new blanks to be completed. They will have the check, so the number is obvious. So why? The app either arrives on time or it arrives too soon. So again why the need to fill in the date signed?

You don't, but I tend to consider the why of it. Nor do the instructions indicate anything new has been added.

Guess I did OK. I've been issued one for 2D.

Last edited by battue; 07/12/17.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
...and they want more Deer killed. So, a GW shoots a CWD Deer on a Game Lands. "One" Deer, so let's increase the Doe tags by 2,800. Find another, how many additional tags? Hope I'm wrong.

"The Game Commission also plans to use sharpshooters in DMA 3, in a small, focal area where the CWD-positive deer was found, in hopes of stopping the disease before it has a chance to grow and spread."

Small? How small? They shoot 10 and no CWD is found. 10-20more just to be sure? How many? Be nice if they had some guidelines and attempted to communicate them since we all have a stake in the game.
Let me give you a hint. The Sharpshooters are going to kill everyone that falls into their sights and it will be done at night.

Random thoughts....

They are going to kill them until it is too much of a PITA to find another to kill.

More:

And all of it coincides with the issuing of antlerless tags. Just coincidence? I'd like to think so, but I'm open minded when it comes to the whys of why with humans.

Is it really about saving the Deer? Or how many Deer are worth one of their Elk poster children? I tend to think most all off them.

Last edited by battue; 07/13/17.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I just mailed mine this morning. I left the check number question blank because I used a money order and the number was way too long to fit. If they reject it I'm gonna be pissed.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You will be OK, I'm sure. Just seems odd they want you to write something they have in their hand.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.