Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wanted to add....

As I have stated that I typically only give these away to friends and family.....

There is at least one jackass around here who will never get one by my hand for any price

He knows who he is

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
BP-B6

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Those look great. Looks like a great design. If you decide to sell I would put one to use. Been looking for a solution.

Last edited by prm; 05/29/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty damn slick!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok

If there is enough interest I might make a run of these

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a lucky owner and field tester of one of these little fellas and I tell you right now I'll wouldn't sell mine for $500..

One of the most useful pieces of equipment I've incorporated into my gear, ever...

Todd

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
If you decide to do a run count me in for a couple. It looks handy as H#@L

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think, based on the information you provided regarding production time and material costs, $50 would not be out of line. If it were worth it to you, you could manufacture a few at a time and list them. If they sell, it's worth your while, if not, you haven't wasted a lot of time. You'll just have to endure the normal morons who claim manufacturers are greedy and price gouging, etc. whenever something sells for more than they are willing to pay. A basic high school course providing a rudimentary understanding of economics should be mandatory.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would order two if the become available.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tedthorn
There is at least one jackass around here who will never get one by my hand for any price

He knows who he is

Aw, c'mon Ted, I said please and everything.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks interesting. Nice design, but I think i could lathe cut one from aluminium round bar, drill and tap the center to 1/4x20, and use a flathead elevator bolt for a couple of bucks in material, and a half hour in time.
I'm not saying that it isn't worth $50.00 as a finished shipped product. I'm saying I could fabricate something very close, rather easily. (With access to a lathe)
Good luck with this project sir. I hope you do well with it.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole

He knows who he is

Oh good, for a second there I though he was talking about me. LOL

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'd pay $50 if a run is made.

Mike
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He knows who he is

Funny...... It's definitely not you

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kellory
Looks interesting. Nice design, but I think i could lathe cut one from aluminium round bar, drill and tap the center to 1/4x20, and use a flathead elevator bolt for a couple of bucks in material, and a half hour in time.
I'm not saying that it isn't worth $50.00 as a finished shipped product. I'm saying I could fabricate something very close, rather easily. (With access to a lathe)

Looking at it that way, if it took a half hour of my time just to make one, $50/per seems about right, once you factor in everything else that goes into it. Setting up your shop, ordering materials, communicating with customers, taking orders, shipping, and other stuff I left out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cool idea... an answer in search of a problem for me though. I PREFER to keep my hand ON my sling so I can control the firearm OR I can spin it off of my shoulder.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Looking at it that way, if it took a half hour of my time just to make one, $50/per seems about right, once you factor in everything else that goes into it. Setting up your shop, ordering materials, communicating with customers, taking orders, shipping, and other stuff I left out.

Assuming I had the rod stick in hand, and no restrictions on the use of the lathe, most of that time is set up. I could drill the rod, then swap to the tap, then use the cutter and form the bobbin, all on the lathe. The second piece would already be drilled and tapped, so cutting is just minutes. Would have to swap drill and tap about every 2-3 pieces, depending on the length of the tap.
I'm not running down the product, just suggesting an alternative method, that might be cost effective.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Assuming I had the rod stick in hand, and no restrictions on the use of the lathe, most of that time is set up. I could drill the rod, then swap to the tap, then use the cutter and form the bobbin, all on the lathe. The second piece would already be drilled and tapped, so cutting is just minutes. Would have to swap drill and tap about every 2-3 pieces, depending on the length of the tap.
I'm not running down the product, just suggesting an alternative method, that might be cost effective.

I am a Journyman Injection Mold Maker of just over 29 years with a 2 year Tech degree in Machine Tool Technology in front of that so I know a little bit about fast and efficient machining using almost all forms of machining equipment.

I appreciate the steps of procedure you have laid out in the above but you leave off several to reach the final finished products that are pictured in this thread.

With that being said.....

By all means I urge anyone willing to diy to please do so.

This really is an easy project if you have the bar stock, lathe, tooling and some machining skills.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Cool idea... an answer in search of a problem for me though. I PREFER to keep my hand ON my sling so I can control the firearm OR I can spin it off of my shoulder.

Walk around for a week with a rifle slung around your shoulder and tell me how that works out for you. I would gladly pay 50 for something that makes life a little less miserable

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night but for the real cheapskates you could just take a carriage bolt, 2-3 washers and 3 nuts and be done.

Of course it wouldn't look nearly as nice but it would function the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night but for the real cheapskates you could just take a carriage bolt, 2-3 washers and 3 nuts and be done.

Of course it wouldn't look nearly as nice but it would function the same.

Not to mention spare parts for your truck or UTV.......laffin

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,720 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.