Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Who has the best Turret Press for the $

I see a lot of good reviews of the Redding T-7 Turret press but what about the RCBS Turret press? They are 40% less that the T-7 but How does it rate?

Ted
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone say chronograph yet? Been using a Caldwell but may get a ProChrono as per JB's recommendation.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good reminder. I've been using an Oehler 35 for almost 20 years now. Amortizing the cost over that length of time I'd call it a great investment.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Love my Magnetospeed. Will never go back to a screen chrono

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by devnull
Without a doubt, the Giraud trimmer! Took a mundane and laborious task and made it as easy as sharpening a pencil in an electric pencil sharpener.

This and my Dillon 550b press.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
personal experince and knowledge , [bleep] the internet

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sinclair Ultimate Case Trimmer & Lyman Case Prep Center seem to make my reloading a bit more enjoyable!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Your eyes and common sense.

For years, I've read on this and other boards about problems associated with dies and related equipment. It doesn't matter which manufacturer you choose, make sure you read their instructions. If you do not understand, read them again. Die adjustments seem to be a problem for many people.

Most companies have websites these days. Gotta question? Ask the manufacturer. Some aren't the quickest to respond, but they will get you the help you need.

Many manufacturers have videos. Watch them.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Charlieinco
Love my Magnetospeed. Will never go back to a screen chrono

+1

Ted
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Frankford Arsenal Trim and Prep Center.This tool has totally changed the way I feel about case prep.Used to be my most dreaded part of reloading,now it's almost fun.It does an excellent job and well worth the investment.

Yep, far and away the best tool I've bought in years. It saves wear and tear on the body. Less fatigue on the hands allows you to prep a lot more brass. I've always hated the prep work, it's kind of like 4 play in reloading. All the other chit the OP suggested, doesn't even compare to this piece of equipment. I can weigh my charges on a scale or drop powder from my uni-flo powder measure. That chit is painless, easy and fast with simple equipment like a good beam scale, powder measure and trickler.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Components.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
JDS Quick Measure and Sinclair hand priming tool.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Reloading Dies, a SET cost the same price as a box of premium bullets...

and lasts a lot longer!

Recently bought a Dillion Super Swage 600, for primer pocket crimp removal

Don't know how I've lived without that thing all these years....

$100.00, but if you reload 223, what a simple idea and it seems well built.

Thanks to Higbean for the suggestion....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone needs a concentricity gauge to measure bullet runout. Everyone, no matter if you are just starting to reload or been doing it for years.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
JTPinTX Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I have a Sinclair concentricity gauge. I use it on occasion, as needed. It isn't something I use all the time. It can be very revealing of bad dies, or bad practices for sure. And when you need it, you really need it.

Magnetospeed is great too. No way would I go back to a chrono with skyscreens. Life is too short for that crap. Painstaking setup. Finicky light. Missed shots. I went through several different models with skyscreens. Never again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Knew of a priest who turned out amazingly accurate ammunition while dressed for work.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Proof positive that the Lord looks out for Catholics. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Lee loaders and an auto-prime, plus an electronic powder scale. They combine to make load development at the range simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Frankford Arsenal Trim and Prep Center.This tool has totally changed the way I feel about case prep.Used to be my most dreaded part of reloading,now it's almost fun.It does an excellent job and well worth the investment.

Ditto.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Somebody else was bragging on how much time the Frankford T&P Center saved on trimming and chamfering brass. Then I told him my Gracey trims and chamfers 15-20 a minute, and he was astonished.. (The Giraud may be even faster than the Gracey, since it has a more powerful motor. I dunno, having never timed one.) Many of the tools handloaders choose are indeed an upgrade from what they had before, but are only comparisons of two tools, not several.

A lot depends on your purpose in handloading. Are you after precision or speed? Or are you looking for the best compromise for both? I've tried several progressive presses, and haven't found one that consistently produces precise enough rifle ammo for my purposes--but one of the same models may be fine for somebody else. In fact I know they can be, because a friend uses one and is very happy. But he doesn't desire as much accuracy as I do.

Many people have told me how much faster their loading is with an electronic scale/measure, since they can be seating a bullet while the next charge is dropping. But I've done a bunch of time/motion handloading tests, and a correctly used mechanical measure beats any electronic scale I've tried in speed, by a wide margin, and with the right powders and techniques in precision as well. Plus, none of the popular electronic scales I've tested have been as accurate as a good balance scale, though properly used they're close enough for most handloading.

It also depends on how much you want to spend. I got a good deal on a used Gracey trimmer, but with shellholders it still cost twice as much as Frankford. It was worth it to me, however, because I do considerable trimming of some cartridges, often batches of several hundred.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,205
Posts18,466,108
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.