Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Stainless RAR! Now if they'd only make 'em in left hand......... mad

[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sold!

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well ,
I am GLAD they did that.
While there are several tbings i dont luke about the Synthtic stocks one of the cool ssoects is the reovaeable but section can be usex for spate ammo firestarting and otger off road survival type stuff. An iron sighted STAINLESS Ruger American would make the ultimate hard use survval/pickup/utility rimfire rifle.

I was about to send my blued American.22 LR off to have it Black-T coated..
Now,I'll just put that $$ towards a Stainless American..;)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Stainless Predator, it appears. I bought a blued Predator earlier this year, it shoots pretty well with 'less costly' ammo, and goes shoulder to shoulder with my CZ 455 Scout and the same ammo. I've been pretty happy with it so far, but it's magazine-sensitive, some mags need upward pressure to feed properly (those same magazines work fine in my ancient 10/22). That's not an uncommon problem, according to what I'm reading on rimfirecentral.com..

Keep an eye on that, make sure the magazines fit snugly and don't drop slightly while still being locked into place. It's a pain, I've got two magazines that seem to be snug enough to work properly, the other four I have to keep separated (I just keep them with the 10/22).

Overall, I like the little rifle. It's fun to shoot and reasonably priced.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I guess it does make sense they would do the Predator model first,since supressor ready guns are hot right now.

Also I figured street price on a Rimfire American would be at least $50 higher than a blued model. Extra stock modules and iron sights would have increased the cost even more. So I am sure the predator configuration was the most logical from a sales point.I hope that Ruger does come out with the regular open sighted 22" version in stainless as well..

As to magazines -the front latch on my American was sticky at first not allowing the mags to fully seat forward and lock in properly sometimes. It caused a few feeding issues and would not allow the mags to drop freely when unloading. After a few hundred rounds,that problem disappeared and function has been flawless.
The trigger on my American is superb once I went to a slightly lighter return spring and removed the trigger blade safety It breaks like an icesicle at 2.5 lbs.
Accuracy wise, it is right on the heels of my CZ452 American and is always loaded and zerod at 50 yards with SK Jagd Standard + which it shoots into moa groups when its aimed well. Mine was $250 very well spent:)

Last edited by jk16; 05/31/17.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and put a wood stock on it....

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute

+1

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jk16
Well ,
I am GLAD they did that.
While there are several tbings i dont luke about the Synthtic stocks one of the cool ssoects is the reovaeable but section can be usex for spate ammo firestarting and otger off road survival type stuff.

LOL! What?

Kelly
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tmitch
Stainless RAR! Now if they'd only make 'em in left hand......... mad

[Linked Image]

Exactly.

I'd be like a fat boy on jelly donuts with a .22 mag

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by KMS
Well ,
I am GLAD they did that.
While there are several tbings i dont luke about the Synthtic stocks one of the cool ssoects is the reovaeable but section can be usex for spate ammo firestarting and otger off road survival type stuff.

LOL! What?

Hey sorry about that.Phone keypad is small..:)

Once again, in English-

"Well ,
I am GLAD they did that.
While there are several thngs I dont like about the Synthetic stocks, one of the cool aspects is the removable butt section can be used for spare ammo firestarting and other off road survival type stuff. An iron sighted STAINLESS Ruger American would make the ultimate hard use survival/pickup/utility rimfire rifle

Now,I'll just put that $$ towards a Stainless American..;) "

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by 1minute

+1

Look at what Ruger calls wood these days. I like the CZ wood stocks across the board. I was one chiming in every opportunity asking for wood Americans. Then Ruger went and did it. Junk grade wood even some with idiotic engraving.

Now I just accept that when it comes to ruger, plastic is better. The normal match up is stainless/synthetic or wood /blue. That only works for me if
the wood is walnut and maybe even looks 1/2way good.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
BEECH wood isn't bad, birch (what Ruger uses) is not heartwarming.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KMS
Well ,
I am GLAD they did that.

LOL! What?

Hey sorry about that.Phone keypad is small..:)

Once again, in English-

"Well ,
I am GLAD they did that.
While there are several thngs I dont like about the Synthetic stocks, one of the cool aspects is the removable butt section can be used for spare ammo firestarting and other off road survival type stuff. An iron sighted STAINLESS Ruger American would make the ultimate hard use survival/pickup/utility rimfire rifle

Now,I'll just put that $$ towards a Stainless American..;) "

I understand. Those tiny key pads are a bugger.

Kelly
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

I'd be like a fat boy on jelly donuts with a .22 mag

Here it is.

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/specSheets/8352.html

Bruce

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.