-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So,last Thursday I managed to kill the trans in my 2006 chevy, with 95k on it, not happy, but it is what it is. Saturday I was taking the girlfriend up,to,the mountain with the quad, and broke the clutch pedal off the hanger in my 96 Chevy.
The 96 we Mcgivered together with her hair tie, and a bolt off my brush guard, to get it past the safety switch got it started , pointed down hill and got ourself home 40 miles with no clutch pedal. Sunday in the 93 GMC managed to knock off the exhaust. Maybe karma is telling me to buy a new truck.
Anyway clutch pedal (dealer part) will be in tomorrow, trans will be here next Tuesday and the 93 sounds pretty cool.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
things break even easier when it's cold out.......

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22

And way harder to work on!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
So,last Thursday I managed to kill the trans in my 2006 chevy, with 95k on it, not happy, but it is what it is. Saturday I was taking the girlfriend up,to,the mountain with the quad, and broke the clutch pedal off the hanger in my 96 Chevy.
The 96 we Mcgivered together with her hair tie, and a bolt off my brush guard, to get it past the safety switch got it started , pointed down hill and got ourself home 40 miles with no clutch pedal. Sunday in the 93 GMC managed to knock off the exhaust. Maybe karma is telling me to buy a new truck.
Anyway clutch pedal (dealer part) will be in tomorrow, trans will be here next Tuesday and the 93 sounds pretty cool.
...and you're still a Chevy lover?
grin

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
grin

No, but the Fords cost to much to buy, around here a Chevy can always be found cheaper then a Ford

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I've heard that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wyo, i tell myself its just life averaging out for all the times was lucky. I mean, thats a lie, but helps me thru. It'll pass eventually!

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tranny $2500, clutch pedal, $100? Exhaust $200 =$2800

That's going to keep you in 3 trucks. Many spend that every 4 months just to keep 1 truck.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
$2800 would pay the interest on a new one, TWICE. Sell or trade all 3 that don't work and you're over half way into one that does work. The money saved on insurance on 1 vs 3 will cover 1/2 your payment. You'd be looking at around $200-$250/month for 5 years with most likely no major repair bills for 10 years or 150,000 miles.

At 150,000 miles it will bring 1/2 what you paid. The next guy who buys it planning to drive it till the wheels off thinks he saved a bundle. But he will have exactly the same amount of money in it that you did and he gets to pay for all the repairs.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Should have bought a ford instead of 3 chevy's... However, after going through 2 transmissions in my 04 gmc and a reaction sun shell in my wife's 99 GMC, I fully understand what breaking transmissions is all about... wink. I'm still pizzed that the last dealership rebuild only lasted 32,000 miles. Pretty fu cking pathetic. Now it has a heavy duty rebuild in it that works like a champ...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

That's going to keep you in 3 trucks. Many spend that every 4 months just to keep 1 truck.

Damn, I'm glad all my cars are paid off....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
grin

No, but the Fords cost to much to buy, around here a Chevy can always be found cheaper then a Ford

I've noticed Chevy parts are easier to find and they are cheaper than ford parts too...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ford didn't take bail out money. I'll keep buying Fords.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
karma is telling you to stop buying Chevy's.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

If you're spending that in 1 truck every 4 months, you're doing it wrong.

Camp is where you make it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.