Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sent an email to Ryan a few weeks ago. This explains why I haven't heard back..

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
"Well I love her
But I love to fish
Spend all day out on this lake
And hell is all I catch.."

Buy once, cry once.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sent this to my buddy who it took forever for delivery. He reminded me that when the rifle arrived it had an unsafe trigger that he had to replace. Not what one would expect when buying a custom rifle.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Don't you think if you received an unsafe rifle that you would contact the builder to get it fixed?

More malarkey it sounds like.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by adam32
Don't you think if you received an unsafe rifle that you would contact the builder to get it fixed?

After as long as it took my buddy to get the rifle that he bought and paid for he opted to just take it to timney and have them install one of their own triggers. I don't blame him one bit for that!

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

After as long as it took my buddy to get the rifle that he bought and paid for he opted to just take it to timney and have them install one of their own triggers. I don't blame him one bit for that!

I'm glad he bought and paid for it...that's more then some other complainers did.

But again, he should've contacted the builder regardless about everything else.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have checked in on this every once in awhile and I fill a lot of this has gone to far and highly unjustified. Really the only person that has commented on here that has any room whatsoever to be causing a stink is deerhunter5555. There was a bunch of issues with his build that where out of my control and I handled them the best I could. Like the ptg bolt not fitting and had to order a new one, still no excuse for not getting his rifle.

I have tracked down every single person and there builds that have commented on here and every single one is uncalled for and a stretch of the truth.
I'm not going to go into full detail with all of them but first coues, your buddy bought an already built rifle from me. Didn't get paid until over a week later through PayPal, requested more work (muzzlebreak and ceracoat) and the rifle was delivered to his ffl right at the 1 month mark. That is an acceptable time from by any standards. As far as the trigger goes, it was shipped with a factory trigger. Multiple things could have been the issue.i fill if your buddy dosnt have the decency to contact me and let me know there is a problem with it, then it dosnt belong in this conversation. It was his choice to take it to timmney without talking to me first. On my side, I would like to know these things so I can make them right and make sure it dosnt happen again. Completely blown out of the water on this one.

Pintoguy, the OP, yes his rifle was done and built in the time frame quoted. I emailed him for quite some time to get final payment( almost 3 months) took awhile to get payment, then shipping info. Still I will take the blame for this one because it is my fault it was not shipped in a timely manner

Steelhead, you have no place whatsoever in this matter and you should go troll somewhere else. You commented with knowing nothing. With 86000 posts on here you obviously have a big mouth. Yes I have gotten in over my head and made somebody mistakes, I'm doing my best to make it right but not everyone can be a steelhead.

Anywho, I am addressing any and all matters wether they have been brought up here or not. 4 rifle made it out the door today with another 5 by the end of the week. Again if you have any questions or consurns please email/text/call me.
Diablocustomriflesgmail.com
435-340-0664
Thanks

Last edited by Huntinfool18; 06/06/17.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Huntinfool18
I have checked in on this every once in awhile and I fill a lot of this has gone to far and highly unjustified. Really the only person that has commented on here that has any room whatsoever to be causing a stink is deerhunter5555. There was a bunch of issues with his build that where out of my control and I handled them the best I could. Like the ptg bolt not fitting and had to order a new one, still no excuse for not getting his rifle.

I have tracked down every single person and there builds that have commented on here and every single one is uncalled for and a stretch of the truth.
I'm not going to go into full detail with all of them but first coues, your buddy bought an already built rifle from me. Didn't get paid until over a week later through PayPal, requested more work (muzzlebreak and ceracoat) and the rifle was delivered to his ffl right at the 1 month mark. That is an acceptable time from by any standards. As far as the trigger goes, it was shipped with a factory trigger. Multiple things could have been the issue.i fill if your buddy dosnt have the decency to contact me and let me know there is a problem with it, then it dosnt belong in this conversation. It was his choice to take it to timmney without talking to me first. On my side, I would like to know these things so I can make them right and make sure it dosnt happen again. Completely blown out of the water on this one.

Pintoguy, the OP, yes his rifle was done and built in the time frame quoted. I emailed him for quite some time to get final payment( almost 3 months) took awhile to get payment, then shipping info. Still I will take the blame for this one because it is my fault it was not shipped in a timely manner

Steelhead, you have no place whatsoever in this matter and you should go troll somewhere else. You commented with knowing nothing. With 86000 posts on here you obviously have a big mouth. Yes I have gotten in over my head and made somebody mistakes, I'm doing my best to make it right but not everyone can be a steelhead.

Anywho, I am addressing any and all matters wether they have been brought up here or not. 4 rifle made it out the door today with another 5 by the end of the week. Again if you have any questions or consurns please email/text/call me.
435-340-0664
Thanks

Sorry, I can read sign and I know a c*nt when I see one. Funny that you're all pissed off, being the one that apparently can't answer a phone or an email.

Chicks whine endlessly about 'doing their best'. I'm guessing you got a few gold stars in school from doing your best, ain't you special.

Good luck with your business champ!

Last edited by Steelhead; 06/06/17.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
If a guy can't even tape up a box and drive it to ups, you really want him milling away on your action and chambering your barrel?

That's a pretty dumb analogy.

You obviously have never seen any work that has come out of his shop...just keep shooting Savages, that's all you need.

Adam is a funny name for a chick. Regardless, do you swallow?

Kisses

Your momma must be proud of you, no life, no job, just troll forums all day every day acting like a dooshbag.

Right on.

I don't have a mom, my brother and I share your mom. She said she tried to get her [bleep] son Adam to bang her but he only had an eye for his dad's cock.

Ain't your proud. Now run off and give Diablo another reach around.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead

435-340-0664
Thanks

Sorry, I can read sign and I know a c*nt when I see one. Funny that you're all pissed off, being the one that apparently can't answer a phone or an email.

Chicks whine endlessly about 'doing their best'. I'm guessing you got a few gold stars in school from doing your best, ain't you special.

Good luck with your business champ!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

435-340-0664
Thanks

You're not going to win anyone over by demeaning them. Which wouldn't matter one bit on this site.

Except you own a business, and are openly representing it on here. And apparently "representing" means belittling people, some of whom have direct experience with you or your customers. And that seems to be a near universally bad experience in terms of turnaround time and communication. While I'm freely doling out customer service and marketing tips, here's another tidbit: Learn to spell. It matters not a lick on here for your average poster but again, you're representing a business. Instead of "I f*cked up and all but one of you have no right to criticize me," try simply "I am behind schedule on builds and in the course of trying to catch up and fulfill orders I got behind on communication as well, please accept my apologies and contact me via email/phone if you have questions or concerns and I will respond as soon as I am able."

That said, my money is this post and my last one sending you into a fit of internet rage. So good luck with the business, snowflake. Pissing people off on here is simply going to get this post to the top when your name/business name get searched online. It's called SEO and you're sure good at the "O" part.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by czech1022
Now that's a quality answer- and in my opinion the only way to avoid damage to his reputation as a fine custom builder...

From my experience Talk is cheap, only way to avoid damage is to pull ones fckng finger out and give service to the customer they accepted
money from. Ive received months and yrs of absolute crapola from more than one POS custom smith over the yrs, words are worth nothing.

The master of lies and endless BS would have to be Satterlee Arms in Sth Dakota...throw you money at him and join the list of people who found
out what his word is worth.

...I've purchased things from him and have experienced the communication (lack of) but guess what, I will call or email or text him to see what's going on,
not start flaming on a public forum when a LITTLE effort could've gotten an answer directly from Ryan.

Roll the camera back...With just a 'little effort' earlier on toward an account settled customer, the rifle would have already been shipped out.
How about just look after customers who have entrusted someone with their property and money and are supporting the businessmans
livelihood?

Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
This is the same pattern of little to no communication that I have received from Ryan. He has had my rifle and money for well over a year with no
communication unless I reach out. Then it is a standard line of excuses and broken promises. It has been a disappointment to say the least.
In our last correspondence, that I initiated, he "accepts full responsibility" and gave me another broken promise to send me my completed rifle.

exactly the same schit I have got from some other smiths.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
But people can belittle me without even knowing me or my business or what's going on?? You guys are some real winners. I admitted when and where I was wrong. If people are going to call me out on my misdoings they better have the facts straight. They are hurting me and my families livelihood without being justified. Someone cries about one simple little thing that I openly admit where I was wrong and that I got in over my head and that I was doing things to make the situation better. ( see I took your advice before you even said it) and then some know it all that knows nothing of the situation chimes in to talk crap because he has nothing better to do then push people around while he sits behind a computer screen and then everyone jumps on the band wagon with out knowing the facts. Bottom line is this is out of control and uncalled for. Being a business owner or not, if someone is going to call the other person out the whole situation better be put on the table, not just little tidbits. Call me a whiner, a girl, whatever makes you fill better but I have justification for setting the story straight.

Rant over, have a good night

Starman, I agree with what your saying 100% and that's what I'm working towards

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
But people can belittle me without even knowing me or my business or what's going on?? You guys are some real winners. I admitted when and where I was wrong. If people are going to call me out on my misdoings they better have the facts straight. They are hurting me and my families livelihood without being justified. Someone cries about one simple little thing that I openly admit where I was wrong and that I got in over my head and that I was doing things to make the situation better. ( see I took your advice before you even said it) and then some know it all that knows nothing of the situation chimes in to talk crap because he has nothing better to do then push people around while he sits behind a computer screen and then everyone jumps on the band wagon with out knowing the facts. Bottom line is this is out of control and uncalled for. Being a business owner or not, if someone is going to call the other person out the whole situation better be put on the table, not just little tidbits. Call me a whiner, a girl, whatever makes you fill better but I have justification for setting the story straight.

Rant over, have a good night

Starman, I agree with what your saying 100% and that's what I'm working towards

I'm still in the free advice giving mood so grab a pen and paper and write this down.

It seems you're new to this thing called the internet. And on it, anyone can say damn near anything they want with no repercussions. You sir, run a business. And it is high time to start acting like it.

Here's what I would suggest you do since you're running a business.

1) Immediately stop playing the victim with posts/statements like the one above.
2) Contact all your current customers whose work you're behind on tomorrow. All of them. Explain that you're behind. Offer a refund if they choose, and cover return shipping if they want a refund. Give them a realistic timeframe for build completion.
3) Stop taking any new orders until you have caught up with your backlog.
4) Ignore anyone saying bad things. See #1 above. Responding to people with negative experiences only inflames the situation and gets you/your business more negative attention. At most, if you simply have to respond, apologize for the bad experience.

Dealing with the public is what I do for a living. It sucks but I'm good at it (not on here of course...). I suggest you think about hiring someone part-time to deal with communication, both publicly on forums like this one and via email/phone. If you would like some help figuring out how to do this and setup any policies/procedures PM me. You've got easy problems to fix. You need some help and posts like the above make you your own worst enemy.

BONUS TIP: Stop agreeing with Starman. He's an idiot and everyone here knows it. Even if that retarded squirrel finds a nut once in a while, it's just cause he tripped over something and face-planted on an acorn.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Huntingfool18,

I sincerely hope you get on top of the situation,
yet it does genuinely make me wonder how smiths in your predicament, find no time to avoid damage by initiating communication with existing customers
via periodical update emails, but when in desperate damage control mode can then find time to explain it away to strangers on a hunting forum.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've seen enough right here in this thread, actually wayyy more than needed just today, to call it how I see it. Ryan seems like a Douche. Admitting when and where he's been wrong sure as hell don't set it straight! Says, "real winners" WOW! That's grate (LOL dumbass) tact.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Where's the OP? Cut and ran away once the facts came out I see...

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Sorry but being a business owner dosnt mean I should let people walk all over me and talk crap about something they know nothing about. I'm a person just like everyone else in this forum.
I'm over this thread and I intend to prove everyone wrong and make things right and I'm well on my way in doing so.

Big fish, thank you for the advice. I will take it and try to put it to use and learn from this situation

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry but being a business owner dosnt mean I should let people walk all over me and talk crap about something they know nothing about. I'm a person just like everyone else in this forum.
I'm over this thread and I intend to prove everyone wrong and make things right and I'm well on my way in doing so.

Big fish, thank you for the advice. I will take it and try to put it to use and learn from this situation

You've learned nothing and your problems are going to get worse. Sorry, I can't help you. Good luck with your business.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
5 weeks is "reasonable " to spin in a brake, coat it and then send it out surg an unsafe trigger? Laughable.

My smith chambered a new barrel, spun in a brake, coated it (with 2 colors, norm 1) and accuracy checked my 28 Nosler in two weeks! He is a very good smith and a very good businessman though......

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,319
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.