-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The machined bottom metal I ordered from DIP back in late Dec. finally showed up today.
What a nice piece.
Between a $90 RB trigger, $80 Talleys, and $160 for metal magazine end cap/torx screw set/machined bottom metal my $359 22 is no longer a budget rifle. That's ok though, I'm so proud of the way this little gal performs I figure she's worth every penny.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That looks very nice!

Could you please provide a link to "DIP" as I am unfamiliar with them and did not know of a current source for a milled trigger guard for the CZ 452 rifles (I own two).

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks JimHnSTL! That was quick.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
CKW.......they only run a batch two or three times a year. Depending on your timing it might take a month or as in my case six months but if you have the patience they'll take care of you.
Super nice folks that make a quality product.
An added bonus for me is that my money stays right here in ID.

Luck

PS.....I just checked their web site. They have the teardrop guard in stock. It's not bad looking at all.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 06/01/17.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Awwwwwwws yeeaaaaahhhhhh........!

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
FieldGrade, I saw that on their site. After I posted my comment learned that I drew a Colorado buck deer tag, which is out-of-state for me, so my fun money fund is depleted at the moment or I would have it ordered already. Thanks for the information and I expect to place an order at some time.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
[Linked Image]

Here are two 452's that I did a couple of years ago. The top one is mine, the other belongs to a friend.

They are both 17 HMR's. I shortened the magazines and welded up the factory triggers and reground them to a more pleasing shape. They both have DIP bottom metal. After this I did the stocks. I used a Yo Dave kit to redo the triggers and was very happy with the results.

My version of bling... lots of work but well worth it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dick those are some beauts!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Love that bottom metal - much nicer than the stamped one they come with. My 455 .22lr Varmint just got a Vortex 4-16x40 HP scope. Thing is so dang accurate it deserved an upgrade from the Bushnell. My 455 .17HMR has been doing serious work on the local rock chuck population this spring. Tough to beat CZ's in the <$500 range.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful stocks and nice job on the magazine modifications.Those HMR/22WMR magazines are definitely an eye sore.

Weaver CIassic V's are great scopes but I'm not crazy about Hubel Telescopes on these sleek little rifles. Everyone likes what they like though,

I Yo-Daved a couple of CZ's years ago. I seemed like a hokey fix to me but they work. I decided to go with the RB this time after finding out what the Yo-Dave kit costs these days. I like it a lot.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Wow👍 Nice rifles👌

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow, that bottom metal really looks nice, FG!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Ready for some trigger time

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Beautiful stocks and nice job on the magazine modifications.Those HMR/22WMR magazines are definitely an eye sore.

Weaver CIassic V's are great scopes but I'm not crazy about Hubel Telescopes on these sleek little rifles. Everyone likes what they like though,

I Yo-Daved a couple of CZ's years ago. I seemed like a hokey fix to me but they work. I decided to go with the RB this time after finding out what the Yo-Dave kit costs these days. I like it a lot.

The scopes are Weaver 4 X 16 variables with the dot and fine crosshairs. In the summer we shoot both guns in benchrest matches and in egg shoots. When hunting season comes I take the big scope off mine (the top one) and install an old but perfect Weaver 6X which is perfect for squirrel hunting. These guns weigh 7 lb. 4 oz. as shown. Both guns have small tuners on the barrel that were made to my design.

FWIW hitting eggs with a 17 HMR is FUN.

Last edited by Dick_Wright; 06/07/17.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.