Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Anybody tried them in comparison to kenetrex?
Just heard about them was wondering how they compare for hunting in the mountains.
Thanks Dan

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Yes, I like them better than my Kenetrecs. Lighter but still have great support, esp. around ankle. For me they are more comfortable as well.

I bought a pair of Nevada's in 8.5 M based on advice that they ran large but need to sell these and go with a 9.

They have a new USA distributor so I'm hoping they become more available.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I bought the guides a couple of months ago, and have about 100 miles on them so far. They are very comfortable, and I have had no hot spots. Traction seems good, and they have great ankle support. They seem to run a bit small, I wear a 12, and had to order a 12.5. The Kennetrek extremes were true to size, and comfortable, but the leather continually stretched until you were unable to tighten the laces any more, and the boot flopped around without support for my ankle. On the phone before I purchased them, they said that Obenauf's was fine, and when I had issues, they told me it voided the warranty. Fool me once.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have a pair from Camofire, good wear on the treads, great support throughout my range of motion, and I would agree that they run a bit small. I have a couple hundred miles on mine.

However, the Kenetreks fit better for me, and I wear them more than the Crispis, and I have had good luck with the Kenetreks lasting through abuse.

Both are made in Italy, so I'm not sure that there is much difference in the materials and the tech in the boots.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I'm interested in this as well.

When you talk about one being "better fitting" than another can you tell me what that means?

Wider/narrower toe Box? More or less ankle support? Tighter fitting heel?

Thanks!

IC B2

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Both the crispi and the kennetrek's toe box fit me well (12d). Crispi has more ankle support by a significant amount, and no heel slip. The kennetreks had a very small amount of heel slip, that got worse as the leather stretched.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Picking boots for someone (or asking for someone to do the same) is like trying to pick a wife for someone. It's slightly amazing to think you can. All you can do is share what you've found for your own feet with the appropriate caveats. Unfortunately, Ive been divorced from more boots than I've found bliss with, Crispi and Kenetrek included. Non-randed Mendel's have worked best for me. But I have "soft" feet, thousands of backpacking miles not withstanding. But of the two, Crispi's are definitely kinder to my feet than Kenetrek's, and are a bit higher quality as well. Kennetrek's are obscenely and unnecessarily stiff.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Crispi's have wider toe box, tighter fitting heel, and extra padding in ankle area compared to Kennetreks.

And Brad's right, got to try them out yourself. I've got a little pile of high end boots accumulated trying to find one that works with my new orthotics!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have wide feet and the Crispis fit me way better than the Kenetrek's. I have two pairs of the Crispi's ( Guide and Nevada) and gave a buddy my K-treks.

Last edited by FishN4Eyes; 05/21/17.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Timely thread, as I'm boot shopping for hunting boots.

Has anyone had to use Crispi's customer service/support? Any experiences to relate in that regard?

I have Cabela's Meindls and they're good, but they're 13's and a tad short on my feet. I've been going to 14's in pretty much everything and life is a lot better for me. Meindl's top out at 13, so they're off the list.

I've had good reviews from people I know/trust on Kenetrek, but was curious about Crispi as well. Seems when you get into 14's, the number of options drops considerably. I've heard first-person accounts (positive) about Kenetrek's support. Curious about Crispi, if anyone's interacted with them?

Hope to not need it, but when throwing real money at boots, it sure helps feel good about the purchase if there's some good backing behind the product.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had good relations with the Crispi people. Recently my 6 year old Nevadas developed some cracking of the rubber rand. I figured it was prob typical wear. I called and asked and they didn't have an easy fix but offered me 50% off a new pair. I thought that was reasonable. I still haven't worn them as my old pair are still functional.

I also was pleased with their help when I was trying to decide which boots to buy way back when. Overall very satisfied.
Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,254
Posts18,467,002
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.