Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Saw one today at LGS and got interested.
Very very clean - didn't see a ding or blemish but I was in a hurry.
Has the NRA logo engraved on the left side of the receiver.
Blocked the hammer with my thumb and found the trigger to be very nice.
Don't know if it has box and papers.
Serial number indicates 1993 production.

Didn't see one like on Gunbroker so I'm looking for a price check.
I won't mention the asking price until there are a few responses - I don't want to influence anything.

FYI - its a takedown model. I don't know if they all were. If not they seem to be common - I have seen a few and they were all takedowns.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by kragman1; 06/12/17.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Kragman,

My first rifle was a brand new m9422 I bought in 1978.
I know the guns well;)

And yes- they were all designed as takedowns. Actually, the basic receiver mechanism of the m94/22s changed VERY little during its 34 year production run.

M94/22s also NEVER had external safeties either. Just the half cock notch.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't think I'd pay anymore for the NRA version than a standard 9422 unless it was unfired in the box for collectible purposes.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kragman1

FYI - its a takedown model. I don't know if they all were. If not they seem to be common - I have seen a few and they were all takedowns.

I have been through four of these from 1972-1975. I don't believe the take-down models came along unitl 76 or possibly as late as 78.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Timbo
I don't think I'd pay anymore for the NRA version than a standard 9422 unless it was unfired in the box for collectible purposes.

Me either.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Timbo & Reloader28,

I completely agree, and since I'm only interested in it as a shooter I won't pay more than shooter value.
I guessed around $600-700 but I haven't been in the market so I just didn't know.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by kragman1

I have been through four of these from 1972-1975. I don't believe the take-down models came along until 76 or possibly as late as 78.

That is simply wrong.

I have owned several first year guns after buyng my first one almost 40 and the guns were all the same.

They never changed the design. From the beginning ,the guns a had the same basic design with the takedown screw at the rear of the action just above the trigger. Pull that screw and the gun comes apart in two halves.

Last edited by jk16; 06/13/17.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
JK16,

I stand corrected. I forgot that little detail. How dumb is that?

Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not dumb. It could have been quite a long time ago since you owned them..Heck ,I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday...lol

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Talk about dumb - I never considered that it's a "Friends of the NRA" gun, probably raffled off at one of the dinners.
Duh - I should have figured that straight off.

Anybody remember being at one of those dinners, late '93 or early '94, and seeing one of these?
They probably auctioned it right after the little bronze statue of the Pony Express. Or more like about 20 minutes after the cocktail waiter/waitress started pushing the booze after dinner.
Ahhh - good times... good times....

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Never seen one before at a banquet or otherwise.
I really doubt it has any collector value over a standard m94/22 as a Boy Scout, Eagle Scout or Annie Oakley edition would have.

Unless it was absolutely pristine and unfired with the box-a 25 year old time capsule- I would not pay anymore for it than and standard rifle in the same caliber/condition.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I really just looking at it as a regular rifle that I can enjoy, definitely not interested as a collectible.
I put a deposit on it (I paid $400) and I'm happy with that. It really is in excellent shape.
Ill probably pick up one of those elevator peep sights to replace the 3/8" dovetail sight on the barrel but I don't think it will ever see a scope.

Thanks all.

ps - anybody know of a "Rimfires Anonymous" group out there?
It seems like I can't go a month without buying another.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a steal. Those things have been priced way over my interest level, on GB anyway. Very nice rifles in every way, but the prices they ask are nuts. I had a 9422M, but the accuracy was only so-so, so I let it go at a small profit, just before the ammo crunch.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Yes they are definitely expensive, but all the ones I have handled have been very well made and I just don't know where you can get that quality new anymore. I like that they feed shorts and any length CB's without a hitch too.
Used Brownings, Winchesters and Marlins are all nice, quality rimfire levers. I wish I had one of each. Hopefully ill run across the right Marlin in the near future.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

645 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 66 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,243
Posts18,447,892
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.