Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am looking for a review.I kind of like the one in a laminate stock.Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got one last year and shot it on prairie dogs. Was going to sell it but decided to give it another try this year. My stock kept coming loose and the screw in front of the magazine needed to regularly be tightened, I have the laminated stock model without the thumb hole grip. Seemed to be reasonably accurate as long as wind was not too bad. Will let you know what I find out this year in mid July.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any updates to this thread? Inquiring minds want to know . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I had one I just sold recently. I had the Target Sporter Laminate version - heavy barrel with non-thumbhole laminate stock. It was not quite as accurate as my Savage 93 bolt hmr but still shot quite well. Probably not quite as good because while they call the A17 trigger an Accutrigger, it is for sure not the same and not as good as the bolt version. When I first got the rifle it jammed like crazy, so I tried a different magazine and then it was fine most of the time so apparently I got a bad mag. Speaking of mags, the thing that bugged me the most on the rifle was how finicky it was to snap the mag into place. I had to do it juuuussst right or it would pop back out or not be seated correctly and jam. That got old quick. Even tried one of the aftermarket 25 round mags and it was the same. Main reason I sold the rifle was the finicky mags and the weight. Mine was too heavy for a good walk-around, jump shooting type gun. I have better options for when I was to shoot off a bench or bipod, so I just never used it. I did go buy a CMR30 22mag semi-auto to try instead for a light-weight gun. That thing weighs about half what the A17 did!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. I've been eyeing tje Target Sporter Laminate myself. Looking for something that offers a little quicker follow-up than the CZ455 and RAR 17s that I have. I'll have to take a closer look and try and test drive the magazine fit/function issue at the LGS before I make up my mind and plunk down cash.

FWIW, I had a Magnum Research 22WMR that I let go off a year or two ago. Never was able to determine its true accuracy due to the height that the scope was mounted. With the rail integrated into the receiver, and fair drop on the comb, I never could get a good cheek weld. I even went as far as to temporarily install a Scope-Eze cheek riser (read - duct taped to the stock), but still could get a satisfactory fit. The other thing about the MR 22WMR is that they would void any warranty if 30gr projectiles were used - 40gr only, and I have othe 22WMRs that happen to like the Hornady 22WMR 30gr VMax.

Can't speak to the CMR30. Looking forward to feedback on it.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I bought one of the first one's out, crazy accurate...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 43 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.