-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
82 years old and wanted to help neighbors with their tree, even though they could afford to hire someone. 10 feet up on a ladder leaning against the tree cutting a limb. Fell onto concrete and lay on the ground for who knows how long because no one was watching. Dislocated hip, broken arm and coma for 3 months. Woke up with brain damage and eventually Alzheimer's. Ruined my Dad's life.

2 guys working on a telephone poll. Rope was dangling from pole and caught on pickup truck. Pole broke when guy drove off and guy on pole fell becoming a quadriplegic.

Last edited by ConradCA; 06/16/17.

[Linked Image from ]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Come on, Kingsford, you must have done something, at some time?

Only my pants shïtting stories might stand a chance up against the competition here today, but I'll flip through my diary for you.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Knock on wood."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When I was 26 I was dozing on the couch one Saturday night, my first day home from the hospital after back surgery. I was awakened by a blow to my head like being bludgeoned with a hammer. WTH? I sat up holding my head and looked around in pain and confusion. That is when I saw my antelope shoulder mount on the floor. Took my hands away and blood poured from my scalp. Couldn't drive myself so I had to call 911. The medics came in and saw the mount on the floor and the blood splatters.
On the ambulance ride in they called it in to the dispatcher who could be heard saying "what did you say hit him on the head?" I had several visits from curious ER staff, many of which I figured thought I had probably taken a Budweiser bottle to the head at a bar and just made up a story. Took 8 staples to close up the gash. That was definitely a redneck Saturday night.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Come on, Kingsford, you must have done something, at some time?
i've got hurt a few times, but none of them were due to shear ignorance/stupidity.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I should be dead, many times over, mostly by being stupid.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Buddy in high school almost died from gassing up his lawnmower in their garage- close to a water heater.

Another bought it when he stopped by the hwy one Fri night to fix a flat and a drunk ran over him.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/16/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Busting my spleen laughing at Ringman's post.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
[Linked Image]
There's story here. wink

Well warn us iron. We really dont want to do that trick.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Ringman
I guess my injury was typical of these. The wooden poles holding up the grape arbor rotted and fell over in their concrete spots. One would not come out even when I tried to drill it out. Like a genius I poured gas in on top of it and let it sink in. Then I did it again later. This time I made a trail of gas from the pole holder to use as a "fuse". Then I moved the gas can a couple yards away. When I lit the "fuse" the whole area flashed igniting the gas can. I turned to run in the 6" tall grass. There was a hose that tripped me. I tried to roll like a young man. It looked good to my son-in-law. But I didn't relax my right arm quickly enough and ended up with a severe shoulder injury. I go for surgery in July. blush mad

sorry ringman but thats just being a pure dumbass... man

Yeah....That's being an idiot...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
2 guys were riding their snow machines on a power line or cut trail of some sort, here on the Kenbai soe years back. Going fast. First guy hits an unseen snow-buried cable which pops up and decapitates his buddy trailing behind.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
[Linked Image]
There's story here. wink

Well warn us iron. We really dont want to do that trick.

looks like the slide from a pistol got him somehow.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
ringman you don't play around with gas either.....

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was six years old my parents took us up to Vogel State Park in north Georgia. We rented a cabin for the night.
The next morning my brother and I went out to the lake. A twelve year old boy was fishing. We watched while he loaded up about 5 night crawlers on the hook.
He told us "The more worms the bigger the fish! Now y'all back up I am going to cast!"
I backed up but not fast enough. He swung the pole backwards over his head, I was about 10 feet away, the hook caught me right in the mouth. I guess I had my mouth open because the hook went inside my mouth and stuck through the cheek.
All those dirty worms were in my mouth.
The guy thought he was hung on a bush, he jerked the pole once or twice without looking back.
I was getting jerked towards the lake by my mouth, like a big fish!
Then, the kid looked back, saw he had hooked a little kid. He screamed, tossed his fishing pole up into the air, and ran off at a high speed.
Never saw him again.

My big brother ran back to the cabin to get my parents.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
When I was about 7 yrs old, was climbing ladder to upper bunk where I slept. There was a floor lamp next to my ladder with just a bulb in it, no globe. Brushed my arm against it and it burned the crap out of me! In retaliation , I spit on it. Thats when the bulb exploded, and my mom was picking glass out of my face. Yikes!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
My grandmother was a live in maid most of her life and was staying with a family one summer. One day she arrived at the home and the wife was having a fit about her kids not cleaning up the living room and picked up a shoe and threw it across the room. She didnt realize my grandmother was walking into the room and it hit her in the nose and broke her glasses and of course a bloody nose. She apologized over and over to her, and of course paid for her glasses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was working as an orderly on the orthopedic floor at Breckinridge Hospital, putting myself through school. Got some extra overtime volunteering to work in the ER the morning shift on New Year's Day. Shortly after I went on at 7:00 AM, they brought in a big black guy who looked like he had tangled with a buzz saw. In fact, that was a pretty good description of what happened.

He had tied one on at a big New Year's Eve party the night before and sorely embarrassed his good wife. She hauled him home in the early hours of the morning and then rousted him out at sunrise--dead tired and almost terminally hung over. She had been bugging him to cut off a limb that was banging on the second story of their house for some time. She told him that if he didn't get up there and do it "right now", she was divorcing his ass. He managed to find a ladder, an extension cord and a Skil saw and work his way up the trunk to the base of the limb. The junction of the limb was apparently almost another six or seven feet above the roof of the house.

The limb was big, the saw blade was a little dull and so he had to lean on it to get it to cut through the base of the limb. When the limb went, he lost his balance and tumbled down through 10 or 15 feet of limbs and leaves, clutching the saw and finally hit the ground, never releasing the trigger on the saw. He had a vertical cut that went through his forehead, his nose, his lips (which were really quite large), about a foot of his chest epidermis and another foot or so along his left thigh. The reason that I know all of these details is that he insisted that his doctor was one of the leading neurosurgeons in Austin at the time and would not hear of letting anyone else patch him up. I sat with him for more than an hour while, apparently oblivious to pain, he told me all of this in great detail, as we went through the motions of contacting the surgeon (whom we were sure would not show up early on New Years Day.)

But show up he did, and I got to assist as he deftly sutured all the wounds, explaining to me as he went how to close the wounds and minimize scarring.

Last edited by mudhen; 06/16/17.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I swear these women really do want to kill us sometimes.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]
There's story here. wink

To be honest it looks like someone was making like a chinaman and gathering speed then suffering from a handslip to the teeth.

But I am sure there is a more reasonable explanation.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Some of these made me laugh to tears!
These two sound like they could be funny but wth does it meen?

"They were doing to sledge hammer by the end of the handle, touching nose, and the hammer slipped." wabigoon

"It is amazing how many guys present w/ a buzzing [bleep] above the Iliac Crest, must be a Vegas thing." mike r

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,958
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.