Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Gentlemen prepare your credit cards. I just ordered mine so not worried about them running out. The LH Rem 700 blueprinted action with PT&G bolt is on sale for $390.
This is better than just a blue printed action as the custom bolt comes standard.

Happy Fathers Day

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
you got the link? i just checked out their website and couldn't find them. thanks!

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Link please.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks for the link! Trying to debate whether or not to get the bolt fluted as well.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
"Made to order" and "Limited to stock". So, which is it?

Good luck boys. I've been waiting since March 20th for a 221 FOLLOWER from them. 4 phone calls and same story every time. PTG won't be getting any more of my business if I can help it.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't know what is up on that. Sometimes they are great and others it's as if they don't care. I'll give them a call to follow up.

When I used to buy more reamers I would just call and could discuss specks with Dave Kiff. Now I hope they haven't gotten too big.

Just had a disappointing experience with another place that showed stainless lefties on line. My online order bounced and I called it in to their tech support giving the operator the SKU # when it arrived it was a righty and I had to pay a restocking fee on the return. Hope I don't get twice burned.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I went online last night and read a bunch of mixed reviews on their customer service and their order fulfillment. I am now on the fence. Hoping someone has a good review of them, as most reviews were negative, although i know that most people who have a bad experience leave reviews, whilst content people usually just go on with their day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same, looked at these back around Christmas and haven't pulled the trigger yet.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Wait to see how this go's before ordering.

Just checked and when I ordered it said 8-12 weeks which is OK with me. But now it is changed to back ordered so I left them a message on the account order. Let's see how long it takes them to get back with me. I hope the first listing was correct they did process the order but if I am waiting on Remington I will cancel if I am only waiting on machine time that is acceptable.

What did GW Bush say? "fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

May take me three times, if I try again I will confirm it is in stock before ordering.

Hawkman as I posted before I have had numerous incidences of good customer service and products but that was when it was more of a mom & pop business than now.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Might be worth the call if you have a time limit. I have purchased several items from them over the past 2 to 3 years. All "in stock" at time of purchase. Some come pretty fast. Some, not so much. One "in-stock" item (bottom metal?), I waited more than a month before calling to check status. Was told that it was out to be anodized. Would be ready in a couple weeks. Waited another 6+ weeks before it finally arrived.

I will continue to use them. But, only when I do not have a firm time window for completion.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Yay I am not waiting on a run from Remington. PT&G got back to me in less than an hour so they are still on my good guy list so far. I have had all the parts for a couple of years and didn't want to cannibalize an existing rifle or buy a full custom action for this project so not in a huge hurry. I also have to finish two other rifles so I should be ready if they are close to their eight to twelve week time slot. Many of the custom actions can take months same with blueprinting one.

From PT&G:

"Yes, actions at this time are taking roughly 8-10 weeks to be completed. The blueprinted action is stocked, but the bolt is custom. With the sale that was put into place we have had a flood of orders. We are doing our best to get them shipped asap."

Gorden Doyle

Returns Department

Pacific Tool and Gauge

1-541-826-5808 ext. 118

gordenpacifictoolandgauge.com

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The saga continues. I may have shot myself in both feet by posting this. But you have to keep on dancing even if lamely. They are keeping me updated so no problem there.

Pacific Tool and Gauge

Hi David,

With the high volume of orders we've received for our blueprinted actions, our current lead time is approximately 12-16 weeks.

If you have any other questions, or anything else I can help with, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Jim Pullen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
time is better than getting a BAT action. last time I called for one of them they were quoting 13 months for an action to be completed.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
18 weeks and counting. So much for instant gratification. By the time I get the action it will be like Christmas in fact it may actually be Christmas time as in slower than.

I just hope I don't change my mind on the chambering as I just got all the goodies from Graf's for a 6mm AI they took all of four days to get here.

And try getting a Custom barrel in an odd configuration if no one has it in stock or a McMillan stock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lol.....pt&g is an absolute disaster for 99% of its customers these days. Don't know who is running things there, but they are killing that once-respected company.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think I ordered a $380 receiver about 10 weeks ago. Said the weren't available. I was called later and told that they were available. Credit card was charged, but no product. Called back and told they didn't have enough product to fill the orders. Called again last week and said they were making bolts, but no guess on delivery time. I pressed a little and the girl said why didn't I cancel the order. Things are sure not the same customer service wise any more.I buy what I can from Bullets.com as customer service is great and very seldom are out of stock.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 06/17/17.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Looks like that receiver is now $750. Guess they don't want to sell any more of them.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by sambo3006
Looks like that receiver is now $750. Guess they don't want to sell any more of them.

Yep... At that price, I would just add $100 and get a LH MRC 1999 action, or, add $200 and get a LH Stiller TAC30 or TAC300.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by sambo3006

I was considering cancelling but at that price I'll stick it out as I am too busy for another build right now anyway.

For $750 I bet you could build one from scratch almost.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 15 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.