24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm reworking my Bowtech 82nd Airborne, and I'm looking at some of the new stabilizer setups. I've been using an Octane 8" since I got the bow new, but I'm not sure that it does anything. I've been looking at a 2 stabilizer type, but I have no experience with them. What are you guys running and having success with?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you can spring it, try the TAP stabs from Titanium Archery Products. The best I have used to date. Not only do they provide a very good hold, but completely deaden the shot...very impressed with mine.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dead Center Archery Products carbon V2 system is what i run. Been using a 2 bar setup since 2013. I dont believe ill be switching to a single front bar anytime soon.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
I'm reworking my Bowtech 82nd Airborne, and I'm looking at some of the new stabilizer setups. I've been using an Octane 8" since I got the bow new, but I'm not sure that it does anything. I've been looking at a 2 stabilizer type, but I have no experience with them. What are you guys running and having success with?

If you're not sure if it's doing anything, it isn't! You can cut vibration a number of ways without stabilizers. Stabilizes are good for two things... Stabilizing the bow (reducing movement) and balancing the bow. If the bow isn't balanced, it will be harder to stabilize because you have to lift/pull the bow into alignment. It can take a surprising amount of weight on a back bar to balance a bow with comparatively tiny amounts on a front bar.. A front bar 2 feet long can stabilize wobble with a couple ounces because it's out there 3 feet away. A back bar gets in the way if it's that long so they tend to be better when shorter and much heavier.

Find a good pro shop and have a competent tech walk you through stabilizers and balancing your bow.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have the new style Vibracheck "cage" type on my 2017 PSE.
Haven't even shot it yet LOL.

If it doesn't work like I want, will replace w 5" K tech and run Mathews S coil module.
So much for buying a package bow.
Change rest, sight and then stabilizer wink

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bow balance.....yup, picky.
Hoyt Protec sucked when loaded, had to add a hefty chunk o' brass to get it perfect.
Added a boat anchor to a boat anchor LOL.
But proly the best shooting bow I've ever had. Just was a freakin' tank to lug around hunting.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Was bet win against PSE staff shooter, first one to put a deer in freezer. Hoyt won. 45 yarder, she tried to duck it but it blasted spine.
272 FPS was fast enough....like a laser compared to shooting under 200 FPS recurves smile

Alpine end cap modified for Allen head bolt, brass collar between reduced length of rubber rib and cap. Was close to a pound added.
Think a more fwd quiver would have helped (maybe not need stabilizer mod). However, when playing with a recurve I found that a quiver set right at hand vert line makes things funky in follow through.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm running an 8" carbon fiber shaft with 5 ounces of weight out front. Balances my Elite Answer perfectly for me and isn't bulky or heavy feeling on the bow. My son is using a two-stab rig with front and back bar. It added quite a bit of weight to the overall package and more bulk around the bow. Feels good in the yard shooting, but packing it through the timber he says it hangs on every bit of brush on the way in and out to the stand. A little awkward and tedious to carry long distances through the timber with a climber strapped on your back. Great for 3D, ect. but I won't be putting a back bar on my hunting bow.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Put a Donker or similar rubber bumper between your stabilizer and riser and it will make more difference than what it's made from. Longer is better - unless your packing it through the woods......I tend to shoot a 12" at targets and shorten up to an 8" for hunting. The Bee Stinger Sport models work as good as anything and are easy to adjust weights on.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have had good luck with the Bee Stingers...but I am not as well versed as some others.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
449 members (300jimmy, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 39 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,932
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.