Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sig p226 or p229, both in 357 Sig

Sparks vm2 or even concealment

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My decision was to find something that would be compact enough that I wouldn't find a reason not to carry it, striker fired with a trigger safety, fires without a mag in it and reasonably powerful enough.

[Linked Image]

My conclusion was the Ruger LC9s pro fit the bill, 8+7 capacity on the hip and out of site. I'm sure the Glock 43 would fit the bill just as well. I don't find it uncomfortable to pack or difficult to conceal. A small 9mm does have a little snap to it, but not to the point of being rude. I've never shot the gun from a rest to find out it's mechanical accuracy, but it's never made me question it's ability when shooting offhand and doesn't seem to give up much if anything in the accuracy department to a full size gun.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Just picked up an LC380 for my wife, nice little gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry a Glock 19 in a Galco Combat Master for outside waist band or a Galco Summer Special for inside waist band. I used to carry a Colt Government .45 but the Glock is way better.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I carry a P226 40 cal in a Galco leather retention holster with a slight forward cant, same brand and style in leather for my 1911's in 38 Super, 10mm and 45 ACP, the 1911's also fit nicely in Milt Sparks Summer Special2 IWB holsters for town carry.

A couple spare mags for each will ride comfortably all day in a left rear jeans pocket.

Trump Won!
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Keep it simple.

Later on you can decide if you want to do something different.

My suggestion would be to get the following:

Glock 19 or 17, though for CCW, the 19 is a slightly better choice for the vast majority of people.

A straight drop OWB Kydex rig, such as the "40 dollar holster" from the glock store on line here: http://www.glockstore.com/40-Dollar-Holster

Many will suggest an IWB, and yes they do conceal better, but without knowing a person's build it is tough to know if a particular IWB is right for you. A good high ride OWB tucked close works well for a great many people, and when I give impromptu lessons it is the one I have people of all shapes and sizes wear, and it works.

Belt. Again, keep it simple. The Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt will give years of service.

Here is a link: http://www.thewilderness.com/belts/frequent-flyer-belt/

3 boxes of 124 grain Gold Dot JHP. Run 2 boxes through the mags that came with your gun to confirm function. Load the last box for carry purposes.

1 case of ball ammo for practice.

Look for a class. Preferably where the instructor's credentials are something more than just "NRA instructor", or "I took other people's classes and I am an NRA instructor".

DO NOTHING TO THE GUN until you have at least 1000 rounds through it.

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Keep it simple.

Later on you can decide if you want to do something different.

My suggestion would be to get the following:

Glock 19 or 17, though for CCW, the 19 is a slightly better choice for the vast majority of people.

A straight drop OWB Kydex rig, such as the "40 dollar holster" from the glock store on line here: http://www.glockstore.com/40-Dollar-Holster

Many will suggest an IWB, and yes they do conceal better, but without knowing a person's build it is tough to know if a particular IWB is right for you. A good high ride OWB tucked close works well for a great many people, and when I give impromptu lessons it is the one I have people of all shapes and sizes wear, and it works.

Belt. Again, keep it simple. The Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt will give years of service.

Here is a link: http://www.thewilderness.com/belts/frequent-flyer-belt/

3 boxes of 124 grain Gold Dot JHP. Run 2 boxes through the mags that came with your gun to confirm function. Load the last box for carry purposes.

1 case of ball ammo for practice.

Look for a class. Preferably where the instructor's credentials are something more than just "NRA instructor", or "I took other people's classes and I am an NRA instructor".

DO NOTHING TO THE GUN until you have at least 1000 rounds through it.

Cheers!

Good advice.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you all for your words.

I've been out of town for a few days.

Serious = carry concealed on a regular basis. I've carried before but mostly in baggy jackets, pants, etc but never on a regular basis.

We have a local shop that carries Glocks and lets folks shoot them to test them out. with Hurricanew Cindy hitting us this weekend, be a good weekend to try out the Glocks.

Thanks again. I have homework................ <G>

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I carry a Glock 43 everywhere with an IWB holster, except when on my motorcycle (no quick access to a carbine in the trunk), then I carry a Glock 19 OWB with a 17 round backup mag.

Last edited by David_Walter; 06/21/17.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You can't go wrong with single stack, light, polymer framed 9mms like the Glock 43 or the S&W Shield (both top sellers) carried in nice leather IWB holster. I have the 9 mm Performance Center Shield in a DeSantis Inside Heat holster and using the 7 round magazine, it doesn't print even under just a T shirt. I also have a Vedder Kydex IWB holster for the Shield that is a nice holster but not as comfortable as the leather DeSantis (especially if your going to be sitting with it for any protracted period of time). With the single stack pistols you lose capacity but they are lighter and easier to conceal.

For deep concealment and comfort, it's hard to beat a .380 pocket pistol like the Ruger LCP or LCPII. I have a LCPII and usually carry in my pocket in a BORA II Kydex pocket holster. Some don't like the .380 but it is just so easy and convenient to carry and it's better to have a .380 you'll carry than a bigger pistol that's heavy or uncomfortable sitting in your gun safe. If I had to pick one pistol for everyday carry, it would be the LCPII. Whether carried in my pocket, in a Sneaky Pete OWB holster or a Concealment Express IWB holster, it is always a pleasure to carry. With advancement in ammo development, the .380 is better than ever with several available loads that will meet the FBI criteria for min.12" penetration without over penetration (>18").

Last edited by cooper57m; 06/22/17.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My primary is a Kahr PM9 in a OWB holster but recently have been carrying a new Kimber Micro 9mm more often, it just points awesome.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,978
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.