Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh,hell. Let's all just tune into the next heavyweight boxing match or MMA fight.

Have a couple beers, watch the match and tell ourselves we are much more civilized than a pack of dirty, uneducated Spainish nitwits.

I am MAGA.
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Oh,hell. Let's all just tune into the next heavyweight boxing match or MMA fight.

Have a couple beers, watch the match and tell ourselves we are much more civilized than a pack of dirty, uneducated Spainish nitwits.

Or we could just televise the millions of abortions we sponsor, while claiming the moral high ground.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Look how much you've improved with one, short lesson.

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Or we could just televise the millions of abortions we sponsor, while claiming the moral high ground.

This^^^^^^^

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Hatari--when I hunt, I don't torture animals to death for pleasure. I try and make a clean one shot kill, happens most of the time, not always, quick follow-up shot ASAP! I don't do a victory dance after killing an animal. I guess your idea of hunting and mine are quite different!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

^^^^^^^^^^^

Read through all these posts and didn't feel the need to comment and get in a pissin match with anybody because I could care less if Spain chooses to have bull fights or not. But the above post sums it up perfectly. 3000 human babies a day in this country, some killed by pulling them apart with forceps, and we are worried about a crazed bull's last minutes on earth some 5000 miles away.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

^^^^^^^^^^^

Read through all these posts and didn't feel the need to comment and get in a pissin match with anybody because I could care less if Spain chooses to have bull fights or not. But the above post sums it up perfectly. 3000 human babies a day in this country, some killed by pulling them apart with forceps, and we are worried about a crazed bull's last minutes on earth some 5000 miles away.

Exactly...

And the bull ain't exactly "tortured to death".

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I must admit that when I accidentally ended up with three chick roosters (cockerels), I got a kick out of watching them squaring off to each other and going at it as they grew up. I eventually got rid of them only because I already had a rooster and didn't need three trouble makers in the flock, and that's what you get when you have more than one rooster. But till then, it was entertaining watching them going at it with each other. Of course, I never took it to the next step of attaching razors to their spurs, so none of them were actually harmed in the matches. None of them had yet to even develop spurs, in fact. But it's deep in their natures to fight each other.

Reminds me of when we once had chickens, our rooster wouldn't let the cockerels hang with the flock while running around the property. I was waiting for them to get a bit larger to eat them. Never got the chance, they were forced to roost outside the coop and the owls got them at night or the hawks during the day.

The were fun to watch tho, sometimes they would think about testing our rooster. Not a good idea!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here's a nice one resting in a more placid environment.
[Linked Image]

Visited a ranch in Mexico that raised fighting bulls. If one entered an occupied paddock and the contained bull/cow did not come after the intruder, the animal was immediately culled.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/18/17.

1Minute
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I must admit that when I accidentally ended up with three chick roosters (cockerels), I got a kick out of watching them squaring off to each other and going at it as they grew up. I eventually got rid of them only because I already had a rooster and didn't need three trouble makers in the flock, and that's what you get when you have more than one rooster. But till then, it was entertaining watching them going at it with each other. Of course, I never took it to the next step of attaching razors to their spurs, so none of them were actually harmed in the matches. None of them had yet to even develop spurs, in fact. But it's deep in their natures to fight each other.

Reminds me of when we once had chickens, our rooster wouldn't let the cockerels hang with the flock while running around the property. I was waiting for them to get a bit larger to eat them. Never got the chance, they were forced to roost outside the coop and the owls got them at night or the hawks during the day.

The were fun to watch tho, sometimes they would think about testing our rooster. Not a good idea!

Geno

Bantam roosters are even better. They are the honey badgers of the chicken world.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
WTF?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno

Bantam roosters are even better. They are the honey badgers of the chicken world.

Yep, ours was a little red guy!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For all of ya's that wanna argue over it, here's a chance to watch it.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=be1_1497791919

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Geno

Yep, previously, when I had accidentally ended up with one cockerel, he eventually got big enough to try and mount some of the adult hens. That kept the one adult rooster I had very busy chasing him off whenever he'd try to sneak up on a hen. He didn't try to fight the adult rooster much, but the few times he did, he got whooped fast. The adult rooster had long sharp spurs, and he had none, as yet. I got rid of him before he developed any, too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Geno

Yep, previously, when I had accidentally ended up with one cockerel, he eventually got big enough to try and mount some of the adult hens. That kept the one adult rooster I had very busy chasing him off whenever he'd try to sneak up on a hen. He didn't try to fight the adult rooster much, but the few times he did, he got whooped fast. The adult rooster had long sharp spurs, and he had none, as yet. I got rid of him before he developed any, too.

Wouldn't matter a bit, it's all part of a normal and healthy chicken flock. I'm convinced roosters don't feel they've done their job for the day unless they have something to square off against at least 6-8 times a day. It's as natural as a male dog lifting it's leg to mark a post. 99% of it is just a daily ritual of what is in their DNA.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Always good to see who stands with the animal rights movement and the hunting movement.

send your contribution to PETA

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Wouldn't matter a bit, it's all part of a normal and healthy chicken flock. I'm convinced roosters don't feel they've done their job for the day unless they have something to square off against at least 6-8 times a day. It's as natural as a male dog lifting it's leg to mark a post. 99% of it is just a daily ritual of what is in their DNA.

Agreed. They clearly enjoy it, but the flock of hens don't like more than one rooster afoot. They can handle one, but being constantly sneaked up on and jumped frazzles them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Agreed. They clearly enjoy it, but the flock of hens don't like more than one rooster afoot. They can handle one, but being constantly sneaked up on and jumped frazzles them.

1 rooster to a maximum of 10 hens, give or take. At that ratio the roosters can keep all the eggs fertilized and the hens are not being harassed any more than normal. As I'm sure you've seen, even with 1 rooster, and 6 to 10 hens, the hens are jumped on regular and often, daily. Again all part of a normal and healthy chicken flock.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
just so you know they don't razors," they make them", but if you go to a derby they use gaffs which have pointed end like a needle.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bullfighting gets banned...............then bowhunting, then muzzleloader hunting, then handgun hunting and finally..............rifle hunting.
Do not give them one fugging inch.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hookeye
Bullfighting gets banned...............then bowhunting, then muzzleloader hunting, then handgun hunting and finally..............rifle hunting.
Do not give them one fugging inch.
When was the last time bullfighting was legal anywhere in the US?

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,334
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.