Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put a new mic on the cb in the Ford.

GB2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Pulled the transmission and transfercase out. Going to be installing a HD tranny in it. The one I pulled out was a dealership rebuild that only lasted 30,000 miles...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Received a set of Boss airbags, now just need to install.

Rob
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ohh, nuttin much.....

[Linked Image]

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by badger
Ohh, nuttin much.....

[Linked Image]

Very nice!

Rob
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My impressions of the King shocks........

Wow! Completely transformed the truck. It now feels very planted on the road, even loaded and with a trailer behind it. No floatiness, no oscillations after a bump or dip in the road. Ride quality is a little firmer, but still very acceptable, and the truck doesn't have that "heavy" feel on undulating roads, no wallowing or head shaking. Best money I've spent on the truck in a while.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wow! Completely transformed the truck. It now feels very planted on the road, even loaded and with a trailer behind it. No floatiness, no oscillations after a bump or dip in the road. Ride quality is a little firmer, but still very acceptable, and the truck doesn't have that "heavy" feel on undulating roads, no wallowing or head shaking. Best money I've spent on the truck in a while.

I'm thinking of putting them on my Power Wagon when the time comes...

Rob
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Pulled the transmission and transfercase out. Going to be installing a HD tranny in it. The one I pulled out was a dealership rebuild that only lasted 30,000 miles...

Damn Lawrence that sucks ass.. how better are the HD over the transmission you have now?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
79s, I'm hoping it's much better than the local (dealership) build, which, in fact, did suck ass. Actual mileage of that rebuild was 32,000 miles. She's definitely smoked too. Starting slipping in 3 and then lost all but 1st. and reverse. Fluid is black (actually purplish color). I was hoping it was just an electrical problem inside the transmission, but no go on that. The upgraded/heavy duty transmission has more 3-4 clutch packs that are stronger, upgraded valve body for better flow/line pressure, corvette servo, Beast reaction sunshell, deep pan, all new wiring/electrical and solenoids, etc.... There's a lot more on the list of upgraded parts, but I'm not home and can't look at the build sheet.. I'm hoping it's a good one though...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What truck did you put them on? Did you replace the Fox 2.0's in the pic with the Kings? I'm about to go with Thuren springs on my 98 Dodge 2500 and am torn between the Fox and the Kings....

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsonora

What truck did you put them on? Did you replace the Fox 2.0's in the pic with the Kings? I'm about to go with Thuren springs on my 98 Dodge 2500 and am torn between the Fox and the Kings....

2014 Ram 2500 4X4 with Cummins. I tried a set of Fox 2.0's, and while it isn't a fair comparison to the Kings as the Fox's are 2", the Kings are 2.5 with reservoirs, the Fox's left me very underwhelmed. the shop that I buy from was very gracious in giving me a full refund on them so I bought the Kings through them. Had the Fox's on for about a week. I suppose the "big" Fox's with reservoirs would have been ok, but these Kings impress the hell out of me.

I guess I'm a little more picky than most, some would call me anal smile , but I've had the factory shocks, Bilstein 5100's, Rancho 9000's, the Fox's, and now these Kings. Happy with my last choice.

Last edited by badger; 05/21/17.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I let it rest cause it's a holiday!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Installed Rancho RS9000XL shocks all the way around on the F350. I liked the adjustability, and the current $100 rebate from Rancho makes them a good deal. Limited miles so far but I like 'em.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Installed Rancho RS9000XL shocks all the way around on the F350. I liked the adjustability, and the current $100 rebate from Rancho makes them a good deal. Limited miles so far but I like 'em.

Had 'em on my Ram. They were good for about 15k miles, unfortunately. Great when new, but didn't last.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Had 'em on my Ram. They were good for about 15k miles, unfortunately. Great when new, but didn't last.

Good to know. I'll save my receipt and keep an eye on them.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Put gas in the tank,air in the tires, and got it washed. It was a good day at the fleet-farm.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Installed a new thermostat before going camping. Supposed to be a 185*, but holds a constant 202*. Got word today that they're sending me a replacement, so I suppose I'll have a high-temp t-stat should I ever feel the need.
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by lazydrifter
Got part of my new clazzio leather seat covers on and did all the headrests. Have to wait till next week to do the front seats. Putting seat heaters in and waiting for them to get here.

[Linked Image]

Those look fantastic and have even better reviews.

Not seeing any application for 1st Gen Tundra?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just pulled it out of the garage after changing the oil, cleaning and re- oiling the air filter and greasing the front end. Need to wash it this afternoon...Lots of mods done to this truck since I bought it new in Aug/07..

'07 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins
Calibrated Performance Stealth 64mm Turbo
Exergy 45% over injectors
Exergy Sportsman Cp3 pump
Fass Titanium 150 Lift Pump
S&B Cold Air intake
Flo Pro 4" turbo back exhaust
EFI Live with 5 position switch (Tuned by Aftermath Diesel)
AutoMeter 3-pack A-pillar mounted gauges (Boost, Egt, Tranny temp).
FIREPUNK Street/Track 48RE transmission
Tuff Country Leveling kit
5100 Bilstein shocks
B&W Turnover Ball
Black Rhino Wheels (17"x9")
35x12.50 Toyo Open Country AT-II's
[Linked Image]

X-VERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 06/19/17. Reason: Found one of those cool internet bashing points! (typo)...

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Air filter obstruction gauge has never moved. There was a post (CWH2?) about running problems and found air filter plugged. I thought it probably was time gauge be damned.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
220 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 24 invisible), 1,605 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,923
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.