Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Lightweight and hard to break don't fit into the same sentence in my experience, the lower powered variables with no parallax adjustment are definitely tougher than with.

Tough? try a Super Sniper from SWFA, great glass and tough as nails, they get very good reviews.

BP-B2

A
aheider Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I've ran a SS 3-9 MQ for a year. No issues with tracking, durability, or clarity of glass. For people who want to twist turrets I think it's fantastic, just not my personal preference. What I would like to have is a 3-15 sub 18oz scope with usable holdover reticle, decent glass, and the ability to hold zero with the last being the most important.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I love my Meoptas. I have a number of brands of scopes, and Leupold and Meopta are my favorites.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Aheider: Leupold!
I suggest the Leupold 4.5x14 with adjustable objective.
I have several of these and love them all!
They have served me well for not only Big Game Hunting but for year round Varmint Hunting as well.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Trijicon Accupoints are all I'm buying these days. Especially the 2.5-12.5x42. A side by side comparison with it and a VX6 is a real eye-opener.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am a big time Leupold guy and have four of them. But I recently bought a Trijicon 1-4 for my AR and it's unbelievable.

My next rifle will likely sport a Trijicon 3-9x40.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd say a good, proven Leup- and they exist!- or ANY of the Conquests I've owned represent my minimum acceptable level of mechanical stability and repeatability.

To answer the OP's question, the 3-10x42 Nightforce SHV rocks.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have Leupolds,Minox.Zeiss,Meopta, Bushnell,Burris,Vortex.I prefer scopes with a longer eye relief ,but would buy any of the scopes I listed on sale.Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not much experience with them but Kahles at least the old Helia S were hell for stout and the view is excellent.

Lost for 27 years and still worked fine. http://www.opticstalk.com/kahles-scope-found-27-years-later_topic728.html

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have tried a few other brands in similar price range. They were sold and replaced with Leupolds in pretty short order.
If you like the other brands, go for it. I'm staying with Leupold.

NRA Patron
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am not real pleased with Leupold, as the only one that I have, had to be sent in for repair. I generally like the SWFA scopes better now, but I am not adverse to buying used Leupolds for the right price. There are enough good scopes around now, that it is not necessary to depend on Leupold. I also have several Bushnell Elites that have been real good scopes, although, not as clear as the SWFA, or Leupold. I would really like to try the Bushnell LRHS scope series some time, as they have developed a good reputation.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mostly a fixed magnification user, Have had a Weaver Super Slam in the past, it was nice.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a Bushnell guy myself. I have the Elite, a couple of 4200's and a 6500.

Dan

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by aheider
I've ran a SS 3-9 MQ for a year. No issues with tracking, durability, or clarity of glass. For people who want to twist turrets I think it's fantastic, just not my personal preference. What I would like to have is a 3-15 sub 18oz scope with usable holdover reticle, decent glass, and the ability to hold zero with the last being the most important.

I used to swear buy Leupold and their VX3 scopes were all I would use. The last one I purchased was was about 2007 and it was not as good as the same scope I bought in the 80's. Their recent productions seem to be turning around but I am not back yet. The discontinued VX6 they were selling several months ago had me thinking and they manufacture near you. Trijicon is pretty sweet if you like the reticles and the tritium can be an issue. No better than Swaro or Zeiss though. Lately I really like the Zeiss HD5 3-15X42 it fits right into your parameters and is a reasonable value IMO. Meopta as mentioned is very good they made the Zeiss conquest line that Zeiss sold before they re-engineered to the Terra line and are a very good value.I would like to try the SHV but the size comes into play with the 56mm on there 4-14 Objective lens.

Scopes are individually very subjective and its best to try them out. Ask to look through some at your next range session you results may vary.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
lately have been happy with burris.

Ed

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If eye relief was not a issue and you're not a heavy twister, Vortex.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Interesting that no gun writers have offered a view of Leupold's recent deliveries. Seems I heard someone mention at the last 'fire hog hunt that things at Leupold had been going south a bit. This, and I may be mistaken, a view from a gun writer thus second hand provided...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
aheider Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
If eye relief was not a issue and you're not a heavy twister, Vortex.

I've never been impressed with vortex based on their tunneling effect. However, the new Razor LH does not suffer from the same and has a pretty good view.

R
RGK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I'm really starting to like Meopta, especially their 6X. I have 2 now. Still like Leupold, but I'm branching out.
Bob

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Disseminator
I am a big time Leupold guy and have four of them. But I recently bought a Trijicon 1-4 for my AR and it's unbelievable.

My next rifle will likely sport a Trijicon 3-9x40.

The 3-9 Accupoints at 13.4 oz. are great if you are after miminal weight, but if you can stand 9 more oz. and a couple hundred dollars more you can get a 2.5-12.5 Accupoint -- the finest hunting scope available anywhere at any price, so long as you aren't sheep hunting.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
437 members (300jimmy, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 37 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,932
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.