I started working with this combo in the Mashburn. Dewey sorta got me turned on to a method for finding the nodes with a given cartridge/powder/bullet combo, so I decided to give it a shot.

So, what I did was use a couple lower charges to see where I was at and then loaded up a series of rounds in .2 increments. Shot them and saw where the spot where increasing the charge didn't change the speeds. From what I could tell it was 78.4 and 79.4 being the middle.

[Linked Image]

I had roughly about 3190 from the 78.4 charge and probably around 3250'ish with the 79.4 charge. As I pushed higher into the 80 grain charge I had a slight scuff at bolt lift, so I never went any higher.

Loaded up 6 rounds of each charge and hit the range.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

For the first time out with this load I am pretty happy. Had 2-1 through out all four of the groups, but I think a little of it was me since I haven't been shooting a ton lately. Pretty sure I can adjust seating depth on these and get them to come together though.

Overall, it seems like a quick way to get on a charge the rifle likes. The Interbonds are relatively new for me. I used them a few years back, and had awesome accuracy in my 270 WSM and somewhat mediocre results from a 165 IB and 300 Win.. I think if I treat them like any other bonded/mono they should respond better as I back them up from the rifling.

Semper Fi