-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Do the older Lee hand prime tool except the same shell holders as the new Lee priming tools?

Also if not Lee what is the best hand held priming tool, the best bang for the buck these days?

Thanks

Tracy

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 06/20/17.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think they do I am not sure how old mine is but it accepts recent shell holders. But I got tired of loosing or buying shell holders so I went with the RCBS hand tool. It is almost universal and only when I put in a case wrong have I had one jump out. I justified the price difference on the cost of additional shell holders.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
OP, yes.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
With these priming tools, what is best bang for the buck these days?

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
With these priming tools, what is best bang for the buck these days?

I have a Lee Ergo-Prime that I'm quite happy with. I don't see any reason to change or anything out there better to replace it with.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I use the Lee, never tried any of the others. I bought a few of them on eBay, and have one set up for every case head diameter I shoot, and a couple of spares.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I used the Lee for bout 20 years or so. Then the handle / lever broke. Picked up an RCBS to replace it,and fell in love. Should have started with the RCBS. Much more comfortable and the leverage is much better. Uses your regular shell holder as well. Pretty speedy in comparison,but a Solid unit.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I started with the LEE priming tool and now use the RCBS, I have two set-up for the calibers that I load. They are simple, rugged and trouble free.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have used the round Lee's for years. Used the RCBS at a friends but prefer the older Lee's. I also tried the square Lee's but did not like them as they had added a step in the primer transfer that would let a primer escape if not handled correctly at all times. I have not tried the new triangle ones. My friend got a bench mounted priming tool after He hurt his hand, that worked well, but I still prefer the old round Lee primers.
miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Look for the old original round Lee priming tool at gun shows. They are still the best in my opinion.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by DLSguide
Look for the old original round Lee priming tool at gun shows. They are still the best in my opinion.

Egzackly! I have two of the old, one of the new, plus an RCBS model. I use em all but the old round model is the best IMO. Surprisingly, they have quite a following among reloaders...check em out on eBay...prices get run up in a hurry on ones in good shape.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I owned and used a bunch of Lee hand priming tools, as well as RCBS, including the old round ones up to the newer Ergo Prime (x3). After LEE replaced my 3rd broken Ergo Prime, I sold it and bought a Sinclair hand priming tool. I never knew what I was missing, and I'll certainly never go back. Leverage and consistency of feel are incomparable to the LEE stuff.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Egzackly! I have two of the old, one of the new, plus an RCBS model. I use em all but the old round model is the best IMO. Surprisingly, they have quite a following among reloaders...check em out on eBay...prices get run up in a hurry on ones in good shape.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Or ebay.

I bought 2 "broken" ones there cheap and by adding the parts I already had Frankensteined 2 complete ones.

But they have several working ones for sale now.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (6MMWASP, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 10 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,196
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.