Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anyone worn or rode in these boots?

http://www.ariat.com/TERRAIN_M_FOO.html?dwvar_TERRAIN__M__FOO_color=SUNSHINE#start=10

Looks like they have a heel and smoother tread, kinda a work/hike/ride. I've always worn regular western boots but I ruptured my plantar fascia and will likely need lace ups with more support that I can wear orthotics with. I could probably try lace up ropers but wondered about these.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've noted several endurance riders wearing the Ariat lace ups for some time now. Have been meaning to give them a try but never got around to it until now, since you made it so easy providing that link I just ordered a pair :-) My only concern is fit in the stirrup and how much debris if any will find its way into my boot tops during a trail ride. I'll soon find out.

Hope your feet are on the mend...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have a pair of boots similar,but not Ariat's. Fine for just riding,but getting off and hiking in rough terrain like hunting, they do not give my ankles enough support

Last edited by saddlesore; 06/16/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The reviews on their website aren't all that great. Seems that a lot of them come apart.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Stirrup fit was something I was wondering about as well, but it seems folks are using them. I saw some folks complain about them coming apart and saw were others said they hold up well Rock Chuck. As long as they have a fairly smooth bottom, fit the stirrup, and most importantly have good arch support, I'll probably give them a try. woods walker, would love to hear back after they arrive. Thanks guys.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the saddle, on the ground I use them a lot, but don't use them while hunting.

I believe this is my 5th or 6th pair.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My ex rides in them all the time. She is on her third or fourth pair, not because they are cheaply built, just because she is very active.

Personally, I prefer these;

IRONSIDES H2O LINK

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 06/19/17.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
roundoak, are the soles fairly stiff or very flexible? No interest in hunting in them, just work and riding.

Yeah apddsn0864, I've always worn something like that but need something that will lace for more support with orthotics.

Thanks guys.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
roundoak, are the soles fairly stiff or very flexible? No interest in hunting in them, just work and riding.

Yeah apddsn0864, I've always worn something like that but need something that will lace for more support with orthotics.

Thanks guys.

This may not make since, but the sole is stiff/flexible. Stiff where it counts and flexible at the point of the shoe string tab (kiltie) or ball of the feet. Great side to side foot support...resists roll over.

I treat them with Pecard's leather care to extend their life.

Last edited by roundoak; 06/20/17.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
That's good, especially the support info. Thanks again.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have two pair. both the waterproof and non-waterproof. both are nice to walk in and ride in.
Waterproof ones are too warm to wear on hot days walking much, but are great keeping your feet dry when the dew is heavy or it is raining.
Good boots for the price. Mine are going on 4 yrs, but are showing signs of wearing out.
Soles can be slick walking

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Received my boots late yesterday. Initial impression... Appear to be made well enough and after all this is an inexpensive boot. Fit is good but not conforming and supportive to the degree of my Salomon hikers. Stirrup fit is fine and the tread seems to be well suited for a riding boot. Really like the use of lacing eyelets. I think they will be a good utility and riding boot.

Last edited by woods_walker; 06/20/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks for all the input.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Found a store with them locally yesterday and picked up a pair. Wore them yesterday evening with orthotics and they were good. Gave them the stability test today trimming hooves on 3 horses and they were great. I wasn't so good...since the foot injury I haven't been doing my normal lifting with squats, lunges, etc....I was struggling with the trimming.

Thanks again for the insight.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.