Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Kinda a little off subject, but a friend just bought a IH 856. Runs like a top, everything works, new hoses on hydraulics, good tires, 1 owner and my friend knows the fellow he bought it from. Needs paint. Main thing he will do with, is to pull a 15' batwing bush hog.

That'll do it! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The original Henry Ford liked soybeans, and pushed to use bean oil to make plastic.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

In 2010.......bought a new CK35 Kioti......4x4 gear.........with loader & extra imp's

now only 325 hrs...been flawless........

http://www.kioti.com/products/tractors/px-series/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by sjphillips
Have CASE MXU 125 FRONT WHEEL ASSIST WITH LOADER GOOD TRACTOR SO FAR 2800 HOURS OR SO ON IT NOW. FOUR CYLINDER TURBO CHARGED.BROTHER HAD A 5525 DEERE ALSO,IT WAS OPEN STATION HAD GOOD POWER.FRONT WHEEL ASSIST SURE MAKES A LOADER TRACTOR A LOT MORE USEFUL.

Tractor Data shows a 6 cylinder engine, if this is the same model. http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/6/4/1640-caseih-mxu125.html

What about open vs closed hydraulic systems? Any opinions on the advantages of one over the other?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Yes that is the same one must of had a brain fart! I have done everything with that tractor from hauling 8 round bales on the trailer to spraying with our 1000 gallon pull type sprayer. You sure know it when you have 800 to 1000 gallons of water behind you!

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I am strongly considering Case IH. I've been hauling big round bales for my neighbor the last couple of days with his Maxxum 125. I put 9 bales on the trailer and carry one on the front loader. It handles it with no problem. It appears to be very similar to your tractor. There is a used Maxxum 115 for sale locally that I'm going to look at pretty soon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
I am strongly considering Case IH. I've been hauling big round bales for my neighbor the last couple of days with his Maxxum 125. I put 9 bales on the trailer and carry one on the front loader. It handles it with no problem. It appears to be very similar to your tractor. There is a used Maxxum 115 for sale locally that I'm going to look at pretty soon.

I'd love to find a used, older Maxxum125 to put my Intimidator tree puller on. smile

It's a beast on my 95C. I can imagine what it would do on a Maxxum125.

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
That's a nice looking rig. Do you pull trees or shear them off? Any weights on the back or fluid in the tires? Any issues with hydraulics running more than one function at a time? Your tractor should be an open system. I don't know what the neighbor's Maxxum 125 is and he doesn't either. Can you run the loader and tree mechanism all from your joystick? Do you have sealer in your tires to seal punctures. Do you have mesquite where you are?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's a nice looking rig. Do you pull trees or shear them off? Any weights on the back or fluid in the tires? Any issues with hydraulics running more than one function at a time? Your tractor should be an open system. I don't know what the neighbor's Maxxum 125 is and he doesn't either. Can you run the loader and tree mechanism all from your joystick? Do you have sealer in your tires to seal punctures. Do you have mesquite where you are?

That attachment grabs the tree, and you work it out. You just don't run up and try to jerk it out with the loader... You can do that, but the ground moisture needs to be right. In dry conditions, it just breaks off the roots.

It works pretty well without weights or liquid in the rears. I shred lots of places in some wet conditions, and if I add weights or water, the tractor sticks far easier in this sandy country. If I need counter balance, and I have when moving very heavy round bales, I put my 6' shredder on the rear. it weighs 800 pounds and works well for that. wink

I have an open hydraulic system. It works fine. I have a splitter in the rear to run my deck level of my 15' Batwing and the Intimidator at the same time. The Intimidator has no minimum requirement on hydraulics. I have enough levers to run everything, but my joystick is capable.

Got mesquite and huisache down here. No flat problems from them. Only sharp stobs and shed deer antlers so far. wink I'll be getting sealant in all 4 tires this summer. 5 gal in each rear, and 2.5 gal. in the fronts.

The Maxxum125 is an open system as well. http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/005/6/2/5627-caseih-maxxum-125.html

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
[Linked Image]

This should be a pic of the rig I'm moving hay with. Trailer hooks on the rear bale spike hitch ball. Just back under the ring end of the trailer tongue and raise up. Only problem comes when the jack stand sinks into the dirt enough that you can't get under it after you've loaded the trailer. Then you have to pick it up with one of the front spikes and move it over to some fresh ground.

Interesting. I tried to post this pic yesterday and it wouldn't go. Now it's here. WTF. Lost in cyberspace, I guess.

Last edited by AnsonRogers; 06/22/17.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have that problem with my batwing shredders. Just leaving the jack to the ground it will sink. I keep 2x6 boards there now for under the jack. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I have that problem with my batwing shredders. Just leaving the jack to the ground it will sink. I keep 2x6 boards there now for under the jack. smile

Here in La., that's a problem, too. That friend, that just got the 856, managed to get some gravel from a rail road they were taking up. Made him about a 40'x100' pad to park his stuff on. Its a whole lot better than having to dig the implements out of the ground.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What I'd really like to find is a low hour John Deere 7220. They were built in the US and have no emission control systems. Plus, they are 6 cylinder. They are hard to find and are expensive.

Anson, I just talked to my dealer buddy this afternoon about an '04 JD 7320.

The state traded it in with a bad IVT transmission and must have took a beating because the price is right. The dealer is going to put in a new transmission and we'll see if they stick to the original quote.

Get this, only 1981 hours!

It needs a new set of tires as well(pavement use...) but that's not many hours at all for a 13 year old machine.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I don't know a thing about the IVT transmission. I assume it's like a hydrostatic drive on a lawn tractor like my old 318 JD had. Will it have any warranty? That is a nice size and it was made in the USA, 6 cylinder with a closed hydraulic system. Low hours for an '04. Was it a mowing tractor? I'm coming to the conclusion that closed is preferable to open. What about that 7510? How is it doing for you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess it was a mowing tractor but it also has a 741 SL loader on it so maybe they also used it for???

Can't imagine it did much loading/digging given that the state has big front end loaders.

And why did the transmission go out....

The 7510 is a nice tractor but it is almost to light for loading heavy bales. The ol' 4450 will get the nod for a loader tractor.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I always thought the day the music died is when JD quit making the 4020

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
JD must have sold a million of 'em....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
For work requiring a lot of hydraulic flow/power, the green always beats the red. I do feel like little long-term things are usually better on green as well, such as cab doors that continue to close tight after a decade of use, or a seat that doesn't wear out easily, or even power-shifts that don't develop an annoying buzz sound.

But red tractors get an awful lot of work done around here. They're all I've been running this summer.

I do think that if green and red were the exact same price at the same specs, nearly everyone would pick green most of the time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not to mention PTO and drawbar hp and the cabs are for sure tighter....

Powershifts last longer than they should, wish they still made them!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
For work requiring a lot of hydraulic flow/power, the green always beats the red. I do feel like little long-term things are usually better on green as well, such as cab doors that continue to close tight after a decade of use, or a seat that doesn't wear out easily, or even power-shifts that don't develop an annoying buzz sound.

But red tractors get an awful lot of work done around here. They're all I've been running this summer.

I do think that if green and red were the exact same price at the same specs, nearly everyone would pick green most of the time.

No doubt.

When I bought my Case, the apples to apples JD was $10k more, without the loader...

If I were running a legacy operation that was going to get passed to my son and grand kids, I would have gone JD probably. But, for what my purposes are, I just couldn't justify it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,996 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.