Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
All I can say is that it's a win for Republicans and a huge drain on hollywierd's pocket books! Sooner or later their money's gonna run out..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rost495
yep, it was a slam dunk..... 52 percent last I saw.... happy as heck, but way to close...

I don't think it was that close, given today's divisive climate, and all the dirty, underhanded tricks the dimmys pulled to win this election in particular...

More like a solid statement.

53-47 is not close

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RWE
yep, it was a slam dunk..... 52 percent last I saw.... happy as heck, but way to close...

I don't think it was that close, given today's divisive climate, and all the dirty, underhanded tricks the dimmys pulled to win this election in particular...

Reports were that two of the "lower class" districts had to stay open late and delay reporting while they *cough* repaired their ballot counting equipment which wasn't functioning properly...

BUT until you can make this kind of stuff stop, they'll pull all the stops to get back to winning, just saying its not as solid as it should have been by far. A good win for sure, but 60% or more would have made a statement IMHO.

THis just says its all crooked and we've not managed to change anything yet.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI

53-47 is not close

You would get in the seat of a plane that the mechanic thought was 53% sure he fixed it right.... it is close. Too close.

It simply shows how far down the drains this country has gone at this point.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

53-47 is not close

You would get in the seat of a plane that the mechanic thought was 53% sure he fixed it right.... it is close. Too close.

What? an airplane must be 100% ready for flight. Please show me an election (outside of N Korea of course) where the candidate received 100% of the vote.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I live in GA's 7th district, couldn't vote in the 6th. But I never saw a single poll showing the Democrats winning. CNN predicted a Republican win with a 52.6% to 47.4% advantage. And that was much closer than expected, which is what was being reported. Not a Democrat win. The final vote tally was 52.7% to 47.3%. I'd say that is pretty damn accurate.

I don't know what news the rest of you are getting in other parts of the country, but there was some legitimate concern here. Trump only won that district by 1.5% and that was way too close for comfort, especially in a district that hasn't voted Democrat since the 1970's. While a 6% point win may not seem close in many places, it is cause for concern here. The fact that a Democrat got close enough to force a runoff was concerning.

Last edited by JMR40; 06/21/17.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Final RCP average had the Republicans winning by less than one percent, but still a win for us.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What kind of analogy is that? 6 points in a political race is like 6 runs in a baseball game. Good win. Let me flash back to my post yesterday a.m. with info on the District. Note that I called ahead of time that this is a 53-47 District AS DRAWN right now.

Originally Posted by hatari
I'm happy today ends this campaign farce around here. Just to reiterate what we were saying yesterday-

The election will be interesting here. As of last week, the Dems have spent $26 million bucks to GOP $365,000 on this seat. It is a statisitacal dead heat, and I'm not going to be surprised either way. A few things to point out. The Dems will do ANYTHING for ANY victory right now. That includes spening an inordinately stupid amout of money to get a seat. This area is 53-47 GOP, but there is a NeverTrump Carpetbagger factor that may not support a GOP candidate of any sort. The Dem voters are 100% motivated to vote because the butthurt is very strong from last November, and despite the full Leftist blitz, Trump hasn't been slain in their eyes. They will all vote.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
CEJ1895: That is a good point - diminish the pocketbooks of the hypocritical communists in hollywood!
That indeed was an added benefit from this special election.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only thing more unreliable than polls are the fricking weather forecasts.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 5sdad
The only thing more unreliable than polls are the fricking weather forecasts.

Weather forecasts are occasionally right... wink

Polsters are using conventional models and formula.

The game has changed and they don't know how to measure it.

That's OK, just discredits them even more.

I love surprises like "dead heat in GA 6", followed by a 6 point spread.

What's not to like... grin

DF

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

53-47 is not close

Possibly the worst analogy ever. Lol.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Final RCP average had the Republicans winning by less than one percent, but still a win for us.

This was the worst and last year CNN had Hillary up by six points.

June 10... (CNN)Democrat Jon Ossoff has a 7 percentage point edge over Republican Karen Handel among likely voters in a closely watched special election for a Georgia House seat, a new poll released Friday shows.
Ossoff leads Handel 51% to 44% among likely voters in an Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll conducted June 5-8 by Abt Associates.
The poll did not specify how many likely voters were included in the survey, but the figures have a 4-point margin of error, and with 5% saying they are still undecided, Ossoff's advantage could close.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
BOWSINGER: After reading your post nothing has swayed me from my contention that for the last several (many!) election cycles, "polls" are nothing more than made up propaganda designed to intimidate and discourage traditional valued conservative Americans from voting!
For this reason and MANY others I have no respect what so ever for the mainstream media and journalists/journalism today.
They would rather lie and slant information than report the truth!
It is simply a fact anymore and that fact is a sad and sorry state of this situation.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What is funny, or maybe not so funny really, is that the election that nobody was paying any attention to or putting any money into because it was assumed it was a lock for the Republican, was the SC special election last night. That one was way closer, within 3 points.

A lesson I suppose to always stay vigilant.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Kellyanne Conway tweeted #laughing my Ossoff

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still have a land line so I get polled quite often and I NEVER tell those pricks what I'm going to do. I lie my ass off to them. Fcuk 'em.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
257wby: I got a dinner time (5:30 PM!) polling call some weeks ago and it was about the "special election" for our states open United States Representative to congress position.
It was a human and he was from Montana and would not let on who's side he was on - I went along with the questions for some time and made it clear I was voting for Greg Gianforte and would not be swayed.
Then the caller/questioner notified me he had just a few last "profile" questions and started in on them - he got to my race and I fibbed a little saying "African-American" and the questioner HUNG UP on me!
He knew I was lying on that one.
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Other than the fact that the polls were wrong again, the part about this race that gets me, is the fact that Ossoff doesn't even live in the 6th District. They couldn't even find a Dem from that district? I'm sure it was legal, but it shouldn't be.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The problem in Ga was the Republican candidate, she is a 4 chinned, dumb ass RINO, a good candidate would have won in a landslide.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (300_savage, 264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,434
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.