Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
that pretty much sums it up.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
It would be funny if it were not so true.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Then there was that great science expert and all-round intellectual Woody Harrelson, who proclaimed that the oceans would be dead by 2000. And wasn't Miami/south Florida supposed to be under water by now?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Something like 1/3 of Bangladesh is lower than 3' above sea level. Thousands of the islands get entirely flooded every time there's a storm. The residents live in stilt houses. With the 'global warming', the country should be non-existent by now but for some reason, it's still there.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Says a lot about science beyond just global warming.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KFWA: Don't forget the dire predictions regarding "acid rain" from the 60's!
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling"! (Chicken Little - i.e. demonrats)
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
AlGore invented climate change. Shouldn't he be dead by now.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Paradigm Shift

Since the 1960s, the concept of a paradigm shift has also been used in numerous non-scientific contexts to describe a profound change in a fundamental model or perception of events, even though Kuhn himself restricted the use of the term to the physical sciences.

In a 2015 retrospective on Kuhn, the philosopher Martin Cohen describes the notion of the ‘Paradigm Shift’ as a kind of intellectual virus – spreading from hard science to social science and on to the arts and even everyday political rhetoric today. Cohen claims that Thomas Kuhn himself had only a very hazy idea of what it might mean and, in line with the American philosopher of science, Paul Feyerabend, accuses Kuhn of retreating from the more radical implications of his theory, which are that scientific facts are never really more than opinions, whose popularity is transitory and far from conclusive.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by KFWA
[Linked Image]

Very good.

Retired cat herder.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Yeah but here are the facts:

1. CO2 levels have in fact been rising year over year for some decades.

2. That does in fact increase temperature long term. That has been measured.

3. However, the effects are complex and there are interrelationships. For instance, ocean warming evaporates more water, which makes more clouds, which deflects sunlight to some extent. Therefore the EXACT outcomes are difficult to predict.

4. The models keep getting better as more data is measured. Our best predictions right now are that the world average temperature will rise between 3.5 to 5.2 decrees Centigrade by 2100.

5. The Paris accord, which President Trump wisely scrapped, would only have changed this outcome by about 0.2 degrees. It was not worth its cost to the US.

6. 75% of all CO2 now in the atmosphere will stay there for 500 years. If we stopped all fossil fuel burning right now, the earth would continue to warm.

7. The oceans will rise. Period. How much depends on many factors difficult to predict.

8. The warming will not stop in 2100.

Those are the facts. All else is supposition and politics, on both sides.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1, there is no denying that every time I start my truck there is heat introduced into the atmosphere that was not there before. Same with my AC condenser, etc. How much difference is it really - damn little, a drop in the ocean but it's there. I think a moderate approach is appropriate - be conscious of what we are doing but don't go crazy with it. Makes one wonder what a huge forest fire does or a long cold winter?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't c&p the image so:

Dilbert Science Denier

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
From Wikipedia, Summer (June–August) 1936
The 1936 North American heat wave was the most severe heat wave in the modern history of North America.

It took place in the middle of the Great Depression and Dust Bowl of the 1930s, and caused catastrophic human suffering and an enormous economic toll. The death toll exceeded 5,000, and huge numbers of crops were destroyed by the heat and lack of moisture. Many state and city record high temperatures set during the 1936 heat wave stood until the Summer 2012 North American heat wave.

The 1936 heat wave followed one of the coldest winters on record.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

3. However, the effects are complex and there are interrelationships. For instance, ocean warming evaporates more water, which makes more clouds, which deflects sunlight to some extent. Therefore the EXACT outcomes are difficult to predict.

4. The models keep getting better as more data is measured. Our best predictions right now are that the world average temperature will rise between 3.5 to 5.2 decrees Centigrade by 2100.

5. The Paris accord, which President Trump wisely scrapped, would only have changed this outcome by about 0.2 degrees. It was not worth its cost to the US.

6. 75% of all CO2 now in the atmosphere will stay there for 500 years. If we stopped all fossil fuel burning right now, the earth would continue to warm.

7. The oceans will rise. Period. How much depends on many factors difficult to predict.

8. The warming will not stop in 2100.

1. CO2 levels have been much higher in the past as noted in captured samples, without any correlation to global temperature.

2.If what I just posted at 1 is true (and it is) this point is moot.

3. Exact outcomes are very difficult to predict when the least consequential causes are relied on.

4. Many scenarios show Earth will be better off, temperature-wise at higher temperatures. It will increase food production in many areas beyond the losses in a few.

5. Agreed.

6. You are talking significantly less than 1%... white noise in the real World.

7. Back to answer 3... of course we have temperature swings based on large events and Ice Ages happen... trying to pin it on one tiny element in a huge equation is absurd.

8. The sky IS falling! Reread 7. Many folks in the land of science are backing away, far away, from MCGW.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Apparently your "facts" have been superseded by newer "facts". I read a paper the other day which stated CO2 levels follow increasing temperature!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman

Apparently your "facts" have been superseded by newer "facts". I read a paper the other day which stated CO2 levels follow increasing temperature!

You should have taken elementary science in high school.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by centershot
+1, there is no denying that every time I start my truck there is heat introduced into the atmosphere that was not there before. Same with my AC condenser, etc. How much difference is it really - damn little, a drop in the ocean but it's there. I think a moderate approach is appropriate - be conscious of what we are doing but don't go crazy with it. Makes one wonder what a huge forest fire does or a long cold winter?

Considering that the natural state is cold and dry then I don't really get terribly bothered by warmer and wetter.

I leave that for f-wits and those that make their living screaming about the sky falling.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There is no such thing as "settled science." The phrase implies the science can no longer be questioned. That makes it dogma. That makes it religion, not science.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,865
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.