Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Identifying as a Christian:

Hey look at me, I am all knowing and a wonderful Christian. Everyone that didn't help me (regardless if they didn't see me) are bad Christians.
I know what is another person's heart and I know they were all bad Christians, since I'm a good Christian.

Does that about sum it up?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Just a thought. As a Christian I'd be giving thanks to God for the one person that did stop, and forget about those that didn't.

Amen to that.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Just a thought. As a Christian I'd be giving thanks to God for the one person that did stop, and forget about those that didn't.

Disagree. Thank God for the one who stopped, pray for his spirit to touch those who didn't. Individual condemnation is not mine to give. But seeing the void of the Holy Spirit that is ours to see.

The more I think about it, I truly believe there is a reason the courts took that kid away. Your elevator comes far short from making it to the top, guessing they knew that too. As did God.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Hey look at me, I am all knowing and a wonderful Christian. Everyone that didn't help me (regardless if they didn't see me) are bad Christians.
I know what is another person's heart and I know they were all bad Christians, since I'm a good Christian.

More ignorant than your last attempt.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

More ignorant than your last attempt.

Please Lord, save me from your followers.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Disagree. Thank God for the one who stopped, pray for his spirit to touch those who didn't. Individual condemnation is not mine to give. But seeing the void of the Holy Spirit that is ours to see.

Most drivers (not just females) do well just to keep track of what is happening on the road.
So, it sounds like you're implying that the Holy Spirit gives real Christians an extra wide angle of vision and perception while driving. I've never heard that contention before. If that's the case, Christians should never be involved in auto accidents. After all, bad things don't happen to good people - right?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
If someome was to read just the Sermon on the Mount, and focus on the "fruits of the spirit" it becomes fairly evident who is actually living ot and who is simply talking. It lays it out pretty simple- a good tree bears good fruit, and vice versa. So, if the person consistently demonstrates love, kindness, joy, pea e, forbearance, self control etc, then they could call themselves Christian and not be a hypocrite. If not, well...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
It's the Kitty Genovese syndrome. People don't want to get involved. Also, remember the story about the good Samaritan? Everybody else just passed by.

One day I started to church with my family. One of our neighbors, who was a proclaimed atheist, was bringing in the hay and I noticed it was sprinkling. I took my family back home and helped him get the hay in so it would not ruin. He told me, "All those other people going to church went right on by. I like your living religion."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
It's the Kitty Genovese syndrome. People don't want to get involved. Also, remember the story about the good Samaritan? Everybody else just passed by.

One day I started to church with my family. One of our neighbors, who was a proclaimed atheist, was bringing in the hay and I noticed it was sprinkling. I took my family back home and helped him get the hay in so it would not ruin. He told me, "All those other people going to church went right on by. I like your living religion."

And that's where you explained that Christians aren't perfect, but sometimes we see the need and answer to it - right?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Diana having ankle surgery after seriously breaking it last Friday.
Her oxygen level crashed and she fainted and fell. She had gone out to a drop box without her portable oxygen.

This was not at home but in a parking lot. While there was nobody else in that parking lot she was 40 feet from a well traveled street and in clear view of it. She was waving at cars as they went by while she was on the ground. Nobody would stop. Finally she was able to call over one person who had gotten out of her car in an adjacent parking lot. That woman gave her her purse so she could call 911.

Thank God for one good Samaritan. What is wrong with the rest of people? Here's the thing; you can bet most of those people self identify as Christians. That's the real issue for America. We identify as Christians but we are not. These people would have been perfectly happy going about their lives while my wife died. And yet many of them would have gone to church the following Sunday and gave it not a thought. Their words and prayers hollow, like an egg with no yoke. " Not my business, not my problem."

Matthew 15:8-9 "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"

Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Some few people have been canonised because saintly behaviour is not the norm...F you jack is.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think the best we can do is to follow the Lord and his teachings,and encourage others to do the same,even if it's only through our example. I think this is a much better approach than becoming cynical and separating myself from others because they aren't as good as I think I am.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

This day and time, may have only been one Christian. That one may not have been one.

But when you start out with negative, everything you see tends to be that way.

Would not happen this way where I live. Guess its one reason I live here.

And I certainly know some non christians that would stop to help in a second.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hell, there most likely wasn't a Christian in the entire scenario

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Heck, Scott is proof a non Christian would stop to help.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro
If someome was to read just the Sermon on the Mount, and focus on the "fruits of the spirit" it becomes fairly evident who is actually living ot and who is simply talking. It lays it out pretty simple- a good tree bears good fruit, and vice versa. So, if the person consistently demonstrates love, kindness, joy, pea e, forbearance, self control etc, then they could call themselves Christian and not be a hypocrite. If not, well...

Kind of, but not really. People like that could probably call themselves saints. A Christian is somebody who wants to work on developing those fruits.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Diana having ankle surgery after seriously breaking it last Friday.
Her oxygen level crashed and she fainted and fell. She had gone out to a drop box without her portable oxygen.

This was not at home but in a parking lot. While there was nobody else in that parking lot she was 40 feet from a well traveled street and in clear view of it. She was waving at cars as they went by while she was on the ground. Nobody would stop. Finally she was able to call over one person who had gotten out of her car in an adjacent parking lot. That woman gave her her purse so she could call 911.

Thank God for one good Samaritan. What is wrong with the rest of people? Here's the thing; you can bet most of those people self identify as Christians. That's the real issue for America. We identify as Christians but we are not. These people would have been perfectly happy going about their lives while my wife died. And yet many of them would have gone to church the following Sunday and gave it not a thought. Their words and prayers hollow, like an egg with no yoke. " Not my business, not my problem."

Matthew 15:8-9 "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"

Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

You assume much in this posting. jus sayin.

Edited to add: Your wife goes out or stays in, in her condition, and with no cell phone?

Last edited by Old_Toot; 06/21/17.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
[quote=Armednfree

Edited to add: Your wife goes out or stays in, in her condition, and with no cell phone?
[/quote]

You are probably right. It is hard not to be angry at these people and this situation, especially after three days of hell in my house. And frankly I am very far from being what some outsiders would call a fine example of a Christian. I am by my own nature someone who is quick tempered and occasionally violent. That is a beast I struggle to control. Right now that beast is pulling on its chain pretty hard.

And she did have her cell phone, in her purse inside the car where she couldn't get to it. Since her injury in 2007 she has lost a good bit of her use of her shoulders. She fell deep into depression and was diagnosed with bipolar 2. She has put on a good bit of weight, now at 210 pounds. Crawling she cannot do.

Thank you for your honest answer.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

in the areas ISIS kills, many have refused to deny Christ for Muhammit and died for Him and now live forever.

How do you know that those christians would have stopped to help a stranded collapsed woman?
they may well have passed by and blatantly ignored many an injured or needy persons in the war zone.

Peter denied Jesus three times in self-preservation, So I guess he is not going to get eternal life
like the christians who refused to deny Christ when ISIS came calling....

Originally Posted by deerstalker
how many ran to help the Lord on his way to Calvary?

Jesus in his time of need, twice found his disciples asleep in the garden of Ghethsemane.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
[quote=Armednfree

You are probably right. It is hard not to be angry at these people and this situation, especially after three days of hell in my house. And frankly I am very far from being what some outsiders would call a fine example of a Christian. I am by my own nature someone who is quick tempered and occasionally violent. That is a beast I struggle to control. Right now that beast is pulling on its chain pretty hard.

And she did have her cell phone, in her purse inside the car where she couldn't get to it. Since her injury in 2007 she has lost a good bit of her use of her shoulders. She fell deep into depression and was diagnosed with bipolar 2. She has put on a good bit of weight, now at 210 pounds. Crawling she cannot do.

Thank you for your honest answer.
[/quote]

Really sorry to hear of your trouble. Seems like you are on a growth path though so take heart. Nobody is perfect or knows all, so just hang tough and remain faithful.

Wife and I were talking over dinner tonight about why bad things happen, in relation to our kid struggling with faith and health issues, as well as good things, and the proper response to all is the same. We usually blow it and forget the very simple truth that the proper response to all things bad or good, is to draw closer to God. In good times, extreme thankfulness and humility. In bad times, cry out and rely on God for all.

Again, sorry for your trouble, but if possible try to see the positive work happening.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's been my observation that about 90% of the female drivers in this world aren't aware of ANYTHING except what is in front of them whilst driving.

If you're lucky...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
84 members (308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 766 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.