24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just wanted to give a thumbs up to Leica customer service. I had a Rangemaster 900 CRF-M that I bought from Cabela’s in 2008. Last year, during archery season, it appeared to have lost sensitivity in lower light conditions. I could point the rangefinder at bright sky and click the button and then it would work in the dark timber. This was not good, especially before sunrise. I vowed to send it back before this year’s hunting season.

Leica’s website just says to send in a product using an online fillable PDF form and attach proof of purchase or warranty registration. The link to the fillable form was broken for a month or so. A couple of weeks ago, I saw that the link to the form had been fixed. I was a little skeptical of sending off the rangefinder without speaking with anybody, but I went ahead and filled out the form, printed it, and sent off the rangefinder with the form. I did have the receipt from Cabela’s, so I sent a copy.

I sent the rangefinder back via priority mail on Monday, June 12. I got a confirmation from Leica by e-mail on Thursday, June 15, acknowledging receipt of the rangefinder. I got an e-mail on Monday, June 19, indicating that I would be receiving a package from Leica via UPS 2 day delivery on June 21. There was no indication of the problem or what was being sent. I received the package today. It was what appears to be an NIB Rangemaster CRF 1600-R with all accessories. There was no explanation of the problem. There was a packing slip showing no charge. So, it was a total turnaround time of 9 days, of which 2 were a weekend and at least 4 were in-transit days. I was pretty happy.

You always hear when people complain, so here is something good for a change.

[Linked Image]

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
BP-B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks for the great report....sounds like they took care of you and then some.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn! You couldn't ask for any more than that. This is good to hear.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Wish my experience was as good as yours! I sent a bino in for a broken eye cup the first week of March. Received confirmation and hadn't heard a word since. Hopefully I'll get them back before our first hunts in August.

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
Wish my experience was as good as yours! I sent a bino in for a broken eye cup the first week of March. Received confirmation and hadn't heard a word since. Hopefully I'll get them back before our first hunts in August.

I always recommend keeping Doug's number handy if you're a Leica owner, even if you didn't buy from him. He's bailed people out of Leica's horrendous CS practices many times.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

I always recommend keeping Doug's number handy if you're a Leica owner, even if you didn't buy from him. He's bailed people out of Leica's horrendous CS practices many times.
[/quote]

Yes sir, Doug was very helpful in at least getting ahold of the repair service dept. !

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That's good to hear...if Leica keeps it up, they might see some of my business in the future.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The problem is, there's no rhyme or reason to their service. One time they'll go way above and beyond and then the next time they'll tell you to go pound sand. And this is based on my own experience, not just internet horror stories.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sent in a Leica spotter for cleaning/service a few years ago. Happened to book a cancellation antelope hunt and needed my spotter ASAP. Called, spoke to a wonderful lady. She said "Everything is done, but we were going to repaint it for you because of all the scratches on the body. But, if you need it we can have it to you in 3 days. Your total is $25 ( Im not sure that was the cost but all it was for was covers for the glass and shipping)."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like some positive reports from Leica CS - that's refreshing to hear.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The problem is, there's no rhyme or reason to their service. One time they'll go way above and beyond and then the next time they'll tell you to go pound sand. And this is based on my own experience, not just internet horror stories.

Same experience. Hopefully they are getting their CS ironed out. It is the only reason I don't own more of their stuff, they make some nice optics.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My experience this year was almost exactly the same. Sent in a damaged (pup chewed) crf 1000r and got back a new crf 1600 with no charge. I'm a huge Leica fan these days because of their customer service.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, shoot, I had a problem with the replacement rangefinder. I used it for a day or two and set it aside. About a week later, it would not work. I put in a new CR2 battery and used it for a couple of days. I let it sit for a couple of days and then it would not work. I sent it back today. We'll see what happens. frown

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.