Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i believe none of these studies. you can make a study show just about anything you want. just like polls. these fuggen eggheads would be better off burning a fatty and watching Trailer Park Boys than wasting time and money on these fuggen studies.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
The conclusion that legal dope causes more accidents and causes insurance to go up is a load of crap. It's just an excuse to raise rates. What about legal alcohol,legal prescription drugs, and illegal drugs. I guess none of those cause accidents. What all you knuckleheads fail to understand that pot smokers will smoke whether legal or not.
But Colorado, et al, have experienced an influx of stoners from other states. I know people who have moved to a pot state just for the weed.

So then I'm assuming the rates will be decreasing in several states

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
But Colorado, et al, have experienced an influx of stoners from other states. I know people who have moved to a pot state just for the weed.

That would probably be a tough number to see through statistical noise given that there are what? Four states that have made it legal? There is 46 to draw stoners from.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, I've got a lot to say about legal weed.

Damn, I forgot.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I heard this last week; lies, damn lies, and statistics. Since traffic has nearly doubled, the conclusions you can draw are that since accidents went up slower than the increase, pot makes driving safer (probably not true), more traffic makes it safer, or the people who did the study already had a conclusion they wanted.

How about the increase in tinted windows, large pillars for air bags and head rests that block drivers vision (and cell phones). I cannot see a person walking down the sidewalk from the right in my wife's car, the pillar with the highly slanted angle, mirror, and headrest block the whole view. You can see little backward in the mirror, and the backup camera only works in R.

The whole BS about the sudden use of MJ when it was legalized when no one used before makes as much sense as the woman who told me that since CC was legalized, now robbers will have guns. I got news for you, robbers already had guns, and potheads already smoked.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I heard this last week; lies, damn lies, and statistics. Since traffic has nearly doubled, the conclusions you can draw are that since accidents went up slower than the increase, pot makes driving safer (probably not true), more traffic makes it safer, or the people who did the study already had a conclusion they wanted.

How about the increase in tinted windows, large pillars for air bags and head rests that block drivers vision (and cell phones). I cannot see a person walking down the sidewalk from the right in my wife's car, the pillar with the highly slanted angle, mirror, and headrest block the whole view. You can see little backward in the mirror, and the backup camera only works in R.

The whole BS about the sudden use of MJ when it was legalized when no one used before makes as much sense as the woman who told me that since CC was legalized, now robbers will have guns. I got news for you, robbers already had guns, and potheads already smoked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Studies like this are like MSNBC polls. they get the answer they are looking for, and the truth has nothing to do with it.

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So, so far we know that the study is bogus because its a study.

Its bogus because the population has gone up 7-8% but that means traffic has nearly doubled.

It's bogus because the increase was only 2.7%

It's bogus because the increase was only 2.7% even though population has gone up 7-8% and its settled science that this can't be reconciled.

It's bogus because they didn't take into account kenny's wife slanted car pillar, that we know of.

Good that we got it all settled, scientifically...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
Colorado's population has grown between 7-8% in that same period. You don't think the insurance industry would look for ways to jack up rates, do you?

And how many of that increase are there because of legal pot?

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Bottom line is anyone who is smart will stay away from that nasty schitt...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Here is a question for you all. How many more people smoke dope when legal, versus illegal? I do not know much but I do know there are LOTS of folks smoking it now, when it is illegal.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chris112
Originally Posted by smokepole
Colorado's population has grown between 7-8% in that same period. You don't think the insurance industry would look for ways to jack up rates, do you?

And how many of that increase are there because of legal pot?

I have no idea, why don't you do a study.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That would probably be a tough number to see through statistical noise given that there are what? Four states that have made it legal? There is 46 to draw stoners from.

The correct answer to steelhead's question is, hahaha, good one! In other words, NFW.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RWE
So, so far we know that the study is bogus because its a study.

I wouldn't say it's bogus, just that there's not enough information there to determine the accuracy of their conclusions. So I'm highly skeptical, as I always am when any group publishes a study with conclusions that benefit its members financially. Snopes uses the same logic.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 3,047 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.