Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fugger kept going it appears.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The biker is lucky he isn't dead. The person in the car is an idiot. I wonder if this is a result of lane splitting.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I lane split (white line) in So. Cal. to get to work.

And there are a lot of A HOLE drivers here. Both Cars and Bikers.
Tensions grow as traffic builds up. Cars move over on the line to stop bikes from coming threw.
Yesterday I had the same situation as this biker in the video but there was a lot more traffic. Speeds were around 35 to 45 MPH.
The Jack Arrs moved over on the line and held me from coming threw and he would not move over for me.
When the timing was right I swerved over to his left side goosed it and got around him in the emergency lane right up against the K rail and he swerved over to smash me into the wall but I was to fast for him.

I did not kick at the car. STUPID move they are much bigger and have 4 wheels on the ground.

I did kick a van with a very expensive mural paint job once many years ago he was laughing as he was pushing me into a boat trailer as I tried to go threw traffic. I took my boot and gouged the whole side of his van he got real pissed then and tried coming after me but it was to late. I was already pasted him on the line. My foot hurt for a week after that.

I do not know what happened between the car and the bike before the video started but to get a biker to kick at a car the car musta done something intentional against the biker.

In the Vid there was a lot of room around both of them for the biker to just get out of the situation.
His bike will do well over 100 mph and most cars will not follow at that rate of speed.

The Biker was very lucky he made it threw the wreckage with out hitting any of it.

Last edited by funshooter; 06/23/17.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
MEX - you are the problem. One of the people who think laws don't apply to you. I hope you get yours soon.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what started the problem.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Lane splitting is legal in California. But not here in SC or NC. Would be some rare times I would do it if it was legal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
MEX - you are the problem. One of the people who think laws don't apply to you. I hope you get yours soon.

Are you referring to me.

Lane splitting (white Lining) is legal in Colefornia
\Air cooled motors require air to go around them to keep them cool so when you sit in stopped traffic your motor can over heat and seize up creating a giant speed bump for the people behind you (traffic Hazard)
So one of the only things this State has done right.
They made it LEGAL to split traffic to cool our motors so as not to be a traffic Hazard when we break down in the middle of the Highway.

If you get Jealous of Lane Spliter's you get on a bike and see how other vehicles treat you.

I for one have only encountered a very few drivers that are being GIANT A HOLES to me.
The rest of the drivers never look out for us or are polite to us and I see many are even Very Polite and move over when I come by them and I try to let them know that I appreciate them by waving to them.

People that are actually driving their cars and look around them usually have no problems with Bikers.

It is the people that let the vehicle take them or the ones that can not stop Texting that are the true Hazard on the roads.

So if I offended you for Driving a Bike Oh Well Not My Problem it is Yours.

Bikes actually cut down on traffic and make you a more conscious diver. More people should be on them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
funshooter is right.

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Murdercycles

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Look to be idiots all around.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funshooter has it right. (Spent 5 years there myself). Lane-splitting is legal and was started by a cop who bought a new bike and burnt it up driving it home while following all exist rules at the time.
It was daytime only.
You can only exceed existing t traffic by 10mph.
(You may not exceed posted speed limits)
Accidents are ruled mutual fault.
And the catch-all "only where safe
(IIRC It has been a while)
I was a motorcycle courier, among other jobs in California.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
So, did the kick just unsettle the car driver and he overcorrected the push or does it look like he was trying to run the motorcyclist into the divider?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been a bike rider since the early 80's, but have to say one of the dumbest phugging things CA ever did was to legalize lane sharing for motorcycles. You can be driving along in your lane, never change lanes, never drive out of your lane, and be AT FAULT for hitting a motorcycle.
SOME motorcyclists in CA have become just like bicycle riders, who believe the world needs to watch out for them, and part ways to make room for them to travel 20, 30, 40 mph faster than the rest of traffic.
If a rider tried to split a lane between two cars who never leave their lanes, and the bike tares a mirror off, guess what, the bike rider is not at fault.

I have seen this clip, not entirely sure what happened there, but how quickly the car jolted after the kick, it almost seems to me more instinctual after hearing a loud thump, and having no idea where is came from, the car driver looked to be startled. Have yet to see road rage cause anybody to drive head on into a K-rail.

Now if the biker wants to claim he kicked the car as a defensive move, then own it, why scream off like a phugging coward leaving destruction and damage in your wake? "The car started to drift into me, I kicked the car hoping to alert them that they drifting into me".

I have been a commercial driver for 35 years, I have driven bikes for 35 years, but I too get startled on a regular basis from cyclists blowing by me inches from my window. So no, all car drivers are not idiots for not seeing bikes, unless you check your mirrors every 15 seconds, chances are you will not see the bike until he scares the schitt out of you as he blows by you in your lane. Some bikers use the new law wisely, some drive like azzholes, and some get indignant and pissed off if people don't move over for them. Yep, it is YOUR responsibility to get even closer to the car to your right, to allow the bike to share your lane.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know why they are calling it a new law, when it was on the California driving test questions when I got my licence there. That was back about 1988. I made sure to get my motorcycle endorsement and it required the written test.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If I was on a bike (and I have been) there is NO way I'm getting between 2 cars on a highway!
It's called common sense!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mark shubert
If I was on a bike (and I have been) there is NO way I'm getting between 2 cars on a highway!

Exactly!

And if you're worried your bike is gonna overheat then ditch the air cooled POS and get a real bike!

Can a VW bug or Corvair lane split since they might overheat?

Whenever I'm in the city (very rarely) I will ride the line so they have to work for it, I'll pop my tow mirrors out too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lucky no one got shot.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by adam32
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Exactly!

And if you're worried your bike is gonna overheat then ditch the air cooled POS and get a real bike!

Can a VW bug or Corvair lane split since they might overheat?

Whenever I'm in the city (very rarely) I will ride the line so they have to work for it, I'll pop my tow mirrors out too.

a VW or Corvair wouldn't over heat...hell my lawnmower is air cooled... I am certainly not pushing it around the lawn fast enough for it to have air flow to cool it..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
VWs and Corvairs (and other air cooled cars) have fans to circulate air over the cooling fins. A typical mower might not have a fan, but fins on the flywheel, to serve the same purpose, and doesn't require much cooling anyway due to how small the power output is.

That said, I've owned and ridden a range of air-cooled bikes, and never had an issue with them overheating. I'd never split lanes, regardless of what the law says, principally because of idiots who either are careless or who do silly, childish and malicious [bleep] like deliberately riding the line or popping their tow mirrors out.

IMHO the secret to staying alive and unhurt on a bike is to ride as if the people in cars are either incompetent or actually trying to kill you. All too often one or the other of these is true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
169 members (444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 24 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.