Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Broke through a fence and attacked 2 children in a minivan strapped in their car seats. Sounds like the boy pretty much got his face chewed off.

They should be outlawed except for specialty tasks and owners who are properly licensed to do so. Everybody else should be off limits.

Nobody would be allowed to own a wild animal in their back yard that could kill people in a normal neighborhood. These things are no different in my mind. When was the last time you walked down a street and watched a snarling bear, wolf, or lion on the other side of a fenced in yard?

http://fox43.com/2017/06/20/two-children-hospitalized-after-dog-attacked-them-in-lancaster/

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Those infernal bassets, again.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Kill 'em all !!

Neil

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-authorities-say/?utm_term=.e0711f991f14

Then there is this one. It never ends and people never learn. Every pit bull owner insists to the end all pitt bulls especially there own are harmless balls of fluff and if you are attacked you deserved it. The best medicine for them is a .45

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Outlaw all dogs, people should only own cats.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I do believe folks would take their canine pal selection a bit more seriously if they knew that they would be criminally responsible for said dog's behavior. By that, I mean that whatever the dog does IS as if the registered owner (in the case of fighting breeds) did it, up to and including murder. This BS needs to stop.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
I do believe folks would take their canine pal selection a bit more seriously if they knew that they would be criminally responsible for said dog's behavior. By that, I mean that whatever the dog does IS as if the registered owner (in the case of fighting breeds) did it, up to and including murder. This BS needs to stop.

I'm not one for regulating everything and having the government in people's business, but the primary responsibility of even a limited government is enacting laws for the protection and good of its citizens.

We don't allow by law a 9 yr old to drive a vehicle down an interstate. Why? Because they are behind the wheel of something that will maim and kill people, and at that age even though they have the coordination and ability to drive, they cannot grasp or understand the responsibility and consequences of what can happen with a vehicle.

Pit Bulls are the same way....owners who treat them just as dogs like they are dealing with the family lab, who are not very good dog handlers to begin with, and cannot recognize dangers, same as a 9 yr old. Laws need to be passed that make it unlawful for the average person to own something like this. They've proven again and again and again, they are not a normal dog.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'd like to see a knock-down, drag-out match between the moslems and the pitbulls for who is the most peaceful.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There should be more consequences for dog owners.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
police K9 attacks LEO should have shot the fckr right there and then, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9LV9qrnos

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Starman
police K9 attacks LEO should have shot the fckr right there and then, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9LV9qrnos

Possibly. Don't know the whole story....if it was mistaken identity in close quarters, then it was a mistake. If the dog lost it and turned and attacked for no reason, then yes, I would have no problem doing what I've done before with some dogs that needed it. Never, ever, ever, is a dogs life even a consideration compared to a human. If I have a dog that snarls or bites at somebody unprovoked and for no reason, then they better enjoy the short walk that is about to happen in the next few minutes. Nevermind breaking out of their area and going "hunting" for an innocent victim to attack like in the original news story posted. Your example is hardly a comparison to unprovoked attacks again and again and again by pit bulls. In some cases attacking their own owners who were just hanging out with them at the time. And the victims of such attacks don't just walk away holding their bitten hand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll bet that in every instance, someone either had his finger on the trigger or had been messing with the settings on the trigger.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Shouldn't need saying, but dogs of every breed occasionally go "bad" and do something shocking like this, yet don't make headlines. Main factor determining whether or not it makes headlines is the extent of harm done. Pitbulls happen to be at the top of the list for capacity for harm, in the rare cases to do "bad" things. I put "bad" in quotes because it implies a capacity to make moral decisions, and dogs don't really have that ... not really.

Get rid of Ptibulls tomorrow, however, and the next most capable breed will take its place in these sorts of headlines. Eventually, should we choose to walk down that path, our laws will give us a choice between a Lab and Golden.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bullcrap. There are enough statistics to back up eradicating certain large dogs and sending their owners to the electric chair.

A man should get the death penalty for:

Driving under the influence
Texting whilst driving
Owning a dangerous animal breed that attacks a person
A firearm mishap in the hands of a child
Sexual Abuse

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 06/24/17.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Bullcrap. There are enough statistics to back up eradicating certain large dogs and sending their owners to the electric chair.

A man should get the death penalty for:

Driving under the influence
Texting whilst driving
Owning a dangerous animal breed that attacks a person
A gun mishap in the hands of a child

Sounds like you chose the right screen name for yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Liberal

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They definitely have a few screws lose.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Exactly.......it's very liberal of you to ask .gov to protect you from all those scary issues.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.