Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Link to $1599 synthetic black Sako 85 rifles, shipped for $969.

Several chamberings available, including Swede.

http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-synthetic-black.aspx

DF

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Never have leftys for sale.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You lefties need to file a class action descrimination law suit...

I'm not in the market for a Swede, got an email from Europtic and thought the price was attractive.

The Sake 85 is reportedly a good one.

DF

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I paid $1100 for mine a couple months ago....

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Which chambering and how do you like it?

DF

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have one that has been a nightmare. I didn't want to dump it on someone else as a dog and I'm in it for a McMillan, custom bedding/pillars and am having a new barrel put on it. It's now nearly full custom. I can't recommend it.

The stocks are very flimsy. The rubber coating on the stock was peeling. Not worthwhile. The action is great and feeding from the magazine is great. However, it wouldn't shoot consistently and groups were all over the place.

I had a .270 win. I'm having a 6.5x55 barrel put on. Good luck.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have one in 308, and have had great luck with it.It was super easy to sight in, and is very consistent. I find the Finnlight stocks completely serviceable, and the grippy finish nice in wet weather. They are definitely a step up from basic injection molded stocks.

Mine is a couple of years old and is wearing well. Although Beretta customer service doesn't have the best reputation, I'd think that they would replace a defective stock without too much hassle.

IMO $969 is a great price.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by sjspin
I have one that has been a nightmare. I didn't want to dump it on someone else as a dog and I'm in it for a McMillan, custom bedding/pillars and am having a new barrel put on it. It's now nearly full custom. I can't recommend it.

The stocks are very flimsy. The rubber coating on the stock was peeling. Not worthwhile. The action is great and feeding from the magazine is great. However, it wouldn't shoot consistently and groups were all over the place.

Before going thru all the rebuild, did you ever consider calling Sako, maybe sending it back?

Going from .270 to Swede, a ray of sunshine for an otherwise gloomy episode.

DF

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by sjspin

That rubber coating coming off the stock is I believe a known fault and locally berreta have been replacing stocks with new sako ones....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Which chambering and how do you like it?

DF

308 Winchester, yet to deploy it. Just ordered the rings for it yesterday. Being a Finnlight, it should be as wonderful as my other Finnlight.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Dirtfarmer, I did send it back. That's another story. I ended up sending it to Accuflite after speaking with owner. He seemed to have a handle on the issue. Mine might have been an outlier, but the stock was very weak and the bedding system is " interesting". I believe I had a bad barrel, which can happen. I'm going non fluted on the replacement.

Again, very smooth action and great feeding. I really like the magazine configuration. The ejection issue is real, but manageable. I wouldn't do it again, but now I have the basis of a fine rifle.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks for that followup.

I've had Sako's in the past, never an 85.

DF

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Thanks for that followup.

I've had Sako's in the past, never an 85.

DF

I have had as many as four 85's, all short actions. I now have two, a 300 WSM & a 308 Winchester. Both of them are Finnlights. I am most likely to keep them and sell my other long guns.

Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,544
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.