Campfire Outfitter
T

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The 2nd gun is a built gun with a Viltor MUR upper, Aero Lower, WOA 18" barrel gun with a NF SHV 3-10 scope. It has less than 100 rounds through it, so it may get a little better as it breaks in fully.

The gun
[Linked Image]

The Targets............obviously, I pulled a couple in the 2nd group
[Linked Image]

MM

Good shooting man and some damn nice rifles. I'm pissed at myself, went shooting today and shot the challenge targets. Averaged 1.07 moa with the Stag. All on me, not the rifle. I feel like it's more than capable. Like I said before, I'm the weak link... mad

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Like I said before, I'm the weak link...:

Laughin' here................yeah, I think that's the case with most of us with 10 shot groups. frown

MM

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
When I start shooting "as good" with my Noveske and LaRue barreled guns as I do my Colt chrome lined barrels and M193, it gets a little embarassing.

Last edited by TWR; 06/07/17.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
When I start shooting "as good" with my Noveske and LaRue barreled guns as I do my Colt chrome lined barrels and M193, it gets a little embarassing.

eek

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Like I said before, I'm the weak link...:

Laughin' here................yeah, I think that's the case with most of us with 10 shot groups. frown

MM

laugh cry

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Question:

Has anyone here tried the 73gr. Hornady ELD in this challenge?? I recently bought some AR comp to try with the 69gr. sierra, 68gr. Hornady, and 73gr. ELD....

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nice shooting. Got a laugh out of a table top that has triangles of where to rest particular guns.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Bsa1917. Sent ya a pm.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Got it. Thanks... wink

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Nice shooting. Got a laugh out of a table top that has triangles of where to rest particular guns.

Laughter is good for the soul... wink ... I did it more for my right handed friends that use my bench on occasion. I center drilled spots for the legs of my front rest to sit in:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I wish we were allowed to use the front rest in this event. Wouldn't have the rear bag hanging off the edge of the table and offending some folks... grin However, I'm glad to finally have an AR (or 2) so I can participate in this event...

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I can't deal with fixed rests. I need to slide mine around and get it suited to my sitting position each time. But I know what you mean about friends and they having not shot much....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Barnes Precision Machine, LR-10 .308 Win, Bushnell LRHS 3-12x44mm (borrowed from my hunting rifle while I wait on a new optic for this one):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Today's target after 4-hours of fishing and two hours of yard work to prep myself for this challenge:

[Linked Image]

I think 1-MoA or touch over is about the limit right now. I haven't shot large frame AR rifles since August 2015 when my job changed a little bit. I'm learning to shoot these things again but right now I can shoot decent 5-shot groups but 10-shots pretty well doubles in size:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KineticPerformance

but right now I can shoot decent 5-shot groups but 10-shots pretty well doubles in size:

Yeah, those pesky 10 shot groups are a real bitch, alright..............but very good shooting, nonetheless.

Nice gun.

MM

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nice shooting. 5 round groups always look better! I seem to always throw one or two also, thats what makes this challenging.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If you can shoot 5 shot groups then at least it narrows it to only 2 things... eitehr the load is not nearly as good as you think it is, OR its all in your head.( I suppose it could be a warming barrel too....)

If its in your head, you just fight the mental game until you win.... not easy BUT well worth it once you win the battle...

I used to be able to lay down and sling up and if it took 40 shots instead of 20 in a prone match it would not bother me in the least.( well acutally my vision starts to get a bit tricky around shot 13-14 but thats besides the point, the act of firing the shot stayed easy and relaxed...)

Mostly the reason you can't shoot a 10 shot group( assuming ammo is good) is buck fever in simple terms. YOu are scared you will screw up and "miss". IF you think about that, they you WILL...

Probably info no one wants to hear, but its the truth.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I guess it could be the load or buck fever but I shoot/have shot enough I don't generally get target panic. For the last year I have been working in a job where I just don't shoot as much as I did (that will end in February) and I noticed that half way through the first group when the first round went high my position felt different. The rest of the rounds in that mag went in the same hole. I did a mag change and shot the next ten and they felt pretty good but winds were 13mph and I could see mirage switching back and forth. I think that pretty well accounts for the lateral dispersion. The high shot that got away in the second group could have been load (FGGM cases on 5th loading) or me.

I have to collect drops this week for a match I'm using this gun in on 02 July but when I get done with that match I'll re-shoot this and see if it's me or the ammo (FGGM once fired). Last time I shot this little challenge I used a small frame gasser and averaged around .8 MoA IIRC. I can make decent ammo and I can shoot ok but I'm not as well practiced behind a gun right now as I usually am.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
KineticPerformance, that is some damn fine shooting with that 308. Do you think some of it is the barrel needs some breaking in? Nice looking rifle, looks a lot like one of mine..

BSA MAGA
Page 36 of 63 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.