Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good shooting!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. The video appears to show the homeowner shooting them as they fled. Civilians are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons under most circumstances. But, because this happened in Kalifornia, he might face charges...... E

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
lol they told him to open his gun safe so he did....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. The video appears to show the homeowner shooting them as they fled. Civilians are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons under most circumstances. But, because this happened in Kalifornia, he might face charges...... E

You cannot make that call based on that video.

There is no way to know how many bad guys there were present, based on a very narrow/limited view.

Presuming the bad guys were armed, just because they created distance between them and the homeowner who begins to fight back (which he has a right to) does not at all mean that they are not still a threat. Unless they drop their guns and throw up their hands (or some similar obvious action), they absolutely have the ability and opportunity to inflict deadly harm upon the homeowner, his family and anyone else who may be present. They are still very much capable of inflicting deadly violence upon anyone they come across.

That is a good shoot from my perspective.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i read this story on FB they broke in and told him to open his gun safe, he had a loaded pistol he grabbed and used to kill them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
You are quite correct Mackay. I know that as well as anybody, as do you. Too many videos, with their limited coverage have been used as proof of wrong doing. No, I said it would be interesting to see what comes of this. And I warned that this is Kalifornia where many in key positions often fail to recognize one's right of self defense. E

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two thugs brought to the light...

Or was that muzzle flashes?

Love a happy ending!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You are quite correct Mackay. I know that as well as anybody, as do you. Too many videos, with their limited coverage have been used as proof of wrong doing. No, I said it would be interesting to see what comes of this. And I warned that this is Kalifornia where many in key positions often fail to recognize one's right of self defense. E

Regardless of the legal implications, the dirtbags' survivors will find (or he'll find them) a dirtbag lawyer who will be more than happy to file a wrongful death suit.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

I always get nervous when they take shots at perps running away...you know how that can play in CA.

IC B3

700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I always get nervous when they take shots at perps running away...you know how that can play in CA.

Yep. your probably right, this will not end well for the shooter is my guess.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Couldn't happen to two more deserving fellows! I only hope the homeowner doesn't get too much crap!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Running for cover. An entirely different thing. No one should have get grief for killing home intruders, regardless of where the bullet entered the body.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

You cannot make that call based on that video.

There is no way to know how many bad guys there were present, based on a very narrow/limited view.

Presuming the bad guys were armed, just because they created distance between them and the homeowner who begins to fight back (which he has a right to) does not at all mean that they are not still a threat. Unless they drop their guns and throw up their hands (or some similar obvious action), they absolutely have the ability and opportunity to inflict deadly harm upon the homeowner, his family and anyone else who may be present. They are still very much capable of inflicting deadly violence upon anyone they come across.

That is a good shoot from my perspective.

I agree that it's a good shoot and would probably be ok legally in a free state, but he may still have to face a moronic Kommiefornia jury.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i worked Brentwood, the home owner gets the benefit of the doubt there. not your everyday slum area for sure, bad area for the scumbags to pull this kind of stunt.
unless there is a hungry prosecutor looking for camera time the citizen is going to be ok.
of course there is always civil court. shoot a dindoo and get sued for wrongful death.

Last edited by deerstalker; 06/24/17.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Local news reported no charges to be filed against home owner. Of course that can change .

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Let's hope so. A lot will depend on the details, not the appearances. And a lot will depend on the shooters information/understanding at the time. He was confronted by armed thugs who threatened to shoot him. He took a great risk to arm and shoot. Just the emotional climate alone can give him a legal defense if he did shoot at fleeing bad guys even if they threw away their guns. E

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There was a guy that posted on Calguns.net about 7-8 years ago about his fatal self defense shooting. He couldn't relay much detail but did post news links to his story. He said it took a year to be cleared by the local D.A. and 7 years for the justice department to finally sign off. Just by the feel of his writing, it was a complete hell in the aftermath. He new he did the right thing and says he would not do anything different but it weighed heavily on his conscience and seems to continue today.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.