Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The box went out.

No internet access in the house since when? My old Shooterstalk days, the year 2000??

Discovered I kind of liked it, not having the 'net fixating my attention, been spending more time sitting outside on the porch, like the old days.

The Campfire absolutely sucks on my iphone, waaay slow loading, if at all. And a 4" screen ain't the friendliest browsing interface in the world.

So, won't be on here quite as much for a while I guess (just now I'm at Starbucks.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hear ya. I am about due for a few weeks of camping without constant worldly interference. I been getting too cranky lately, according to my bride. Want to visit Algonquin and Quetico Parks.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Damn, I'll miss all those Texas history lessons.

Last edited by websterparish47; 06/24/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
exercises in discipline and denial are good for the soul ime, to say nada about the bank account.

always wish you the best Birdy, you're one of the campfire faves around here

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey thanks.

If you have ADHD tendencies like me, its far too easy to become an internet hermit....

Signing off for a bit.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get rid of that phone and it will save you another 150 bucks a month.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Good advice. The library also has cheaper internet than Starbucks. I hear you can get books and DVDs there for free too.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I fear you've figured out how to add an Iced Grande Mocha Chino Latte Frappuchino addiction to your social media addiction.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Good advice. The library also has cheaper internet than Starbucks. I hear you can get books and DVDs there for free too.

Used the local one here for better than six months straight one time. Only problem was the 1 hour limit. Have been thinking about getting a lap top and using it again, that way no 1 hour limit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hear ya birdy, I have been in and out sparingly for a while now. I think I also will limit my time online from now on, too many other things in having a life. "Sides, I gotta start learning to walk again. Then when I can time to go shooting and fishin' again.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 'fire is a lot easier to avoid nowadays for some reason.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Oh I don't know, I kinda like the internet. smile

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A tablet is much more portable than a laptop, and will do almost as much. They are cheap, and come in a variety of sizes. I have both laptop, tablet, and phone. Of the three, the laptop sees the least use.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike, you can get great deals on used IPads these days. I have AT&T wireless service with mine, and it much faster than any desk top CPU or Laptop for surfing the Campfire of GunBroker. I don't have any internet or Satelite TV while I'm working at the Ranch, so it really helps to pass the time after dark when I have nothing else to do. I think I pay about $30 bucks for month for 7 gigs of wifi service, which is a bargain, IMO.

I will sure miss all of your historical posts, if you sign off.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
I hear ya birdy, I have been in and out sparingly for a while now. I think I also will limit my time online from now on, too many other things in having a life. "Sides, I gotta start learning to walk again. Then when I can time to go shooting and fishin' again.

Yeah T, I and I'm sure many others have noticed the falloff in your posts.

I gotta say though, sitting out on the porch with the cat and the dog and watching the light appear in the morning and listening to the first bird calls sure beats the innernet. Same thing in the evening as the light fades. Got two clumsy recently-fledged mockingbirds in the front yard now (soon to be kicked out by their parents) and two hummingbirds at the feeder have become five as fledglings leave the nest.

Waiting for late August; when I hear the calls of migrating Upland Sandpipers overhead I'll know the heat is gonna break sooner or later.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I will sure miss all of your historical posts, if you sign off

Oh heck, not gone, just less (which apparently ain't happening just yet grin)

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I gotta say though, sitting out on the porch with the cat and the dog and watching the light appear in the morning and listening to the first bird calls sure beats the innernet.

Certainly better than a towhee banging his beak against his reflection in the window.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That's good. I thought you meant you were signing off for good. grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

That's good. I thought you meant you were signing off for good. grin

no one leaves the fire for good, they all come back.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The 'fire is a lot easier to avoid nowadays for some reason.

could it be the stupid azz Cabelas ads ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,154
Posts18,465,082
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.