Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Anything made or used by a human being can fail. Except for my stuff when used by me.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sam you are right. grin

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rondrews
After reading all you Glock Fans touting the Quality of the Glock, I just read on my Facebook page of a friend who just received his new Glock . Minus the ejector! Maybe I'm not as stupid as I seem to be when I buy a Taurus or a S&W SD. At least all the parts are in them. No issues with them, and I just got a new M&P Shield that so far has fired one magazine without a hitch. I'll know more about this thing when I get more S&W40's. I guess the moral of the story, is out of the millions of handguns sold each year there is bound to be a lemon here and there. My only problem is two of the last three I have bought had to be shipped back. Bad average.

I was thinking that the OP reminded me of someone that used to post here a lot, mostly in the rifles section, but could not quite put my finger on it. Then it dawned on me. The OP is the Swampman700 of the Handguns section! laugh

Maybe a new Taurus 24/7 would be just the ticket.

They are so cool, that even with the safety on, all you have to do is shake them and they will shoot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw

That is too Cool!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by rondrews
After reading all you Glock Fans touting the Quality of the Glock, I just read on my Facebook page of a friend who just received his new Glock . Minus the ejector! Maybe I'm not as stupid as I seem to be when I buy a Taurus or a S&W SD. At least all the parts are in them. No issues with them, and I just got a new M&P Shield that so far has fired one magazine without a hitch. I'll know more about this thing when I get more S&W40's. I guess the moral of the story, is out of the millions of handguns sold each year there is bound to be a lemon here and there. My only problem is two of the last three I have bought had to be shipped back. Bad average.

I was thinking that the OP reminded me of someone that used to post here a lot, mostly in the rifles section, but could not quite put my finger on it. Then it dawned on me. The OP is the Swampman700 of the Handguns section! laugh

They are so cool, that even with the safety on, all you have to do is shake them and they will shoot!

That is too Cool!

Holy crap! I don't guess that would pass a drop test.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

That is too Cool!

Taurus appears to be on the ragged edge of innovation. Well hell, now I've got some Glock to get rid of.

Get that Taurus into the right shaky hands make that socker run full auto until it jams.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
They are coming out with a full auto version, promoted by Michael J Fox.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They are coming out with a full auto version, promoted by Michael J Fox.

That's mean......I laughed...... that's mean.........I'm still laughing.............

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Now that is funny, shaken, not stirred.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I like Glocks, I have had 8 over the years. I still have 5.

I like to check GT distributors site once in a while. They have early model (2.5?) model 23's for 279$. Slap a 9mm conversion barrel in it and poof, a Gen 2 19.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I can't verify the guy on Facebook is telling the truth. It was on the SCCY CPX1& CPX2 Blog. He didn't expound, we were discussing Quality and he just posted that The Glock he got did not have an Ejector in it, thereby trying to state that no Manufacturer today sells 100% perfect guns. I have no issue with Glock. They appear to be nice guns, but I don't have one so I can't judge. and I can't reasess my insinuation, because it's the same as saying that anybody on this forum should be suspect of what they post. You seem to have a lot of first hand info on the Glock's and I believe you. I believe the guy got a gun without an ejector also., Would you believe me if I told you I bought a new S&W Bodyguard from DFW Shooting Sports and the Thumb Safety was inoperable? Sent it back to S&W, it was fixed and now it is on the way back again, because now the trigger wont fire. That was three weeks ago. Now I'm waiting to get it back and see what else is going to be wrong.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So I guess nobody's perfect..... And despite the stuff I read on the 'net all I know is that I bought a brand new Gen 3 Glock 19 in Feb. of 2012 and it was all there and has functioned superbly ever since and is now approaching the 2000 rounds mark. But stuff still happens occasionally even though you can't always believe everything you read.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Glocks that are assembled according to specs are excellent, durable, and reliable weapons. It's rare indeed for one not to be built right from the factory, but it's ordinarily a simple matter of replacing the part to fix it.

Now, there were some problems with the early Gen Fours and the early 42s, but they were worked out.

Glock isn't really perfection. Pretty damn close to it, though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
352 members (280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 45 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,599
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.