Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
She doesn't get the credit she deserves. She was the genesis of the Eagles (in my opinion the greatest band the US has ever produced) as both Henley and Frey worked for her and she dated J.D, Souther at the time it all came together. Enormously influential, amazing voice, and cute as hell to boot.

Don Henley says this is his favorite version of his song. High praise.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
1976...long before LeAnn Rimes and better, in my opinion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep! And she was smokin hot when she first started touring, too! And of course, without Linda, there would be no Eagles. Who, by the way, were arguably the greatest Rock Band on the Planet, IMO.

Too bad she got hooked up with that idiot liberal Gov. of Californiafication, Jerry Brown. mad She then became a screaming liberal and pissed away a brilliant career, IMO with her in your face libertard view. I think she has Parkinson's or another similar disease now, and has not been able to perform any in the last 10 years or so.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/25/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Yep! And she was smokin hot when she first started touring, too! And of course, without Linda, there would be no Eagles. Who, by the way, were arguably the greatest Rock Band on the Planet, IMO.

Too bad she got hooked up with that idiot liberal Gov. of Californiafication, Jerry Brown. mad She then became a screaming liberal and pissed away a brilliant career, IMO with her in your face libertard view. I think she has Parkinson's or another similar disease now, and has not been able to perform any in the last 10 years or so.

It's sad she hooked up with Gov Moonbeam who is a moron and I believe she also dated Jim Carrey (another idiot).

I thought I would put up a couple of music threads because everything here seems to be so political and I wanted to do something non-political. I appreciate her enormous talent yet disagree with her politics, as I do with most of the Eagles, though I consider them one the best bands ever along with the Beatles and the Stones. Top three bands ever for me.

I've heard she is suffering from health problems and that is sad, liberal or not I wish her the best.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 06/25/17.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I give Ronstadt and Willie and a very few others a pass on their politics just because I have to.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I give Ronstadt and Willie and a very few others a pass on their politics just because I have to.

My sentiments, exactly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Linda is one of my favorites.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Linda singing a Warren Zevon song, doesn't get any better than that.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Think these guys had any influence???

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes,
it's a shame she can no longer sing.

Now, as for the Eagles? In my "expert" opinion, they were a so so, pretty decent, maybe a bit better country folk type band until a certain guitarist joined up with them. As good as the other fellas were, they became a "ROCK" band after Joe Walsh was part of the group.

Now, back to Linda. When I listen to this CD it gets me right in the cojones! I grew up near the border and love this music, Linda hits it ..............."Bigly!"

Upa yupa yu!!

This one is not easy to sing............ and look at that face at about the 2:46 mark, damn!

I am a fan of opera too and there is no doubt in my mind that with training she would have excelled in that genre also. Listen to this one and the emotion she puts into it. I think it could translate to the operatic stage.

And even though she's not a borachera, what's Mexican music without a good drinking song!

Geno

PS, she looks so hot in those outfits and makeup too! (I was in love back then, her and Debbie Harry! laugh )

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

Really? How about Warren singing it?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In high school, we use to go over into Georgetown, and could get into a place that her and the Stone Ponys had a gig going on for
long term. She was quite the singer.. always a favorite of mine also...

Saw her also in college when she had that song, "Like a Heat Wave" as a big hit...

She was playing at Tanglewood out in the Berkshires in Massachusetts, which is owned by the Boston Pops back where
Arthur Fieddler was directing them....it was in October and it was already getting pretty cool in the evening...

She came out and the first song she sang was her "Heat Wave Hit".. she was wearing cut offs and a bikini top and an open sweater... which she took off....

At the end of the song, where she finishes the last line "LIke a Heat Wave", the lights went out on stage. And a lone spot light
comes on and follows a lone yellow bikini top like she was wearing at it goes flying out into the crowd....it is caught by some guy
and those around him start wrestling for "her bikini top" as the spotlight focuses on it....

Then the stage lights came back on, and here is Linda still standing with her bikini top on, which twirling another just like it
with her finger....and she calls to the audience "Fooled them, didn't we girls?"

The audience went wild, and from that moment on, she had the entire audience in the palm of her hand...

She was quite the performer if you ever had the luck of seeing her live.

and I just ignored her later politics....which you wonder, if a lot of artists "adopt" the liberal lefts ideology just strictly for
the sales it brings them....

sad that she can no longer sing, or really even stand and has to use a walker to get around....

late 60s and early 70s, there were a lot of we guys that she was one of the biggest of our fantasy gals...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM

Just have to be a dick, don't ya?

You know what I meant.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Linda singing a Warren Zevon song, [b]doesn't get any better than that.[/b]

Just have to be a dick, don't ya?

You know what I meant.

Indeed, "doesn't get any better than that". Just stating my view of who did it better. Simple eh?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
She has been a favorite of mine for many years.
One of life's experiences is being in mexico or along the border, listening to that music, and hitting the tequila.
Keep in mine she was raised in tucson, which is where liberals are mostly kept in arizona.
I seem to remember at one time her brother was a police officer for the city of tucson.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She doesn't get the credit she deserves...

TRUE, but maybe she is happy with the results of her musical career.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

I seem to remember at one time her brother was a police officer for the city of tucson.

I seem to recall a mention that he was Chief. Named Pete??

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Circa 1974...Armadillo World Headquarters.. After playing two nights, the Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen
tour bus will not start. Lowell George and Little Feat are in town. Linda is running with Lowell George at that time.
A spur of the moment concert with all of them together to fund fixin' the bus. Commander Cody did a set. Little Feat did a set.
Ronstadt came out and finished with everybody involved on stage. It was very cool. The tour bus sat there for years and years.....
and years.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
turned into a BMW.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,876
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.