Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
i am curious how many rounds the modular frame will last, time will tell..

The 1911 as adopted in by the military had the meet the grouling demand of 6,000 rounds.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am sure it will be an epic success.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Epic!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
However I am sure it will be an epic success

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sig Sauer has identified that there is a defect in the P320 handgun that could cause the weapon system to go off when dropped. The Sig Sauer P320 was approved for primary duty, secondary primary duty, and back-up use. The Firearms Training Center is currently working with Sig Sauer to obtain a solution for the safety issue. Until Sig Sauer is able to find a solution to the safety issue, the Sig Sauer P320 is no longer approved by the ****** Police Department for any use.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I just read that article on TFB.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sig Sauer has identified that there is a defect in the P320 handgun that could cause the weapon system to go off when dropped. The Sig Sauer P320 was approved for primary duty, secondary primary duty, and back-up use. The Firearms Training Center is currently working with Sig Sauer to obtain a solution for the safety issue. Until Sig Sauer is able to find a solution to the safety issue, the Sig Sauer P320 is no longer approved by the ****** Police Department for any use.

Did you note that there had been no safety issues, none, nada, zip

This was lawyers responding to Sigs letter. PmIn and simple.

But hey no agency has EVER pulled Glocks from issue have they??

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Glock's had been out for around a decade before anyone took serious note of the fact that if you dropped them hard on concrete the slides popped off. The TFB story is a little contradictory in places, but I'm not willing to discount it. Could be a real issue, or nothing at all; time will tell.

And even though I support the Army's decision of the 320, I fully expect flaws in the pistol will be discovered when it reaches wide spread use in the military; but I would expect that with most any pistol they adopted.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
TFB just a bunch of Glock fans. The 320 is going to be an epic success

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have found TFB to be a generally trustworthy site. Unlike the mainstream media, they at least put SOME due diligence into reporting newsworthy items. I saw in the case of the Sig 320’s that they did take the effort to reach out to Sig.

The one thing that is funny about this story is
Originally Posted by TFB Story
The Firearm Blog reached out to Sig Sauer for comment after learning about the recall and spoke with Phil Strader, the Pistol Product Manager who would have issued such a recall…

…Strader went on to say that even though he is the person that would have issued such a recall but had not done so and was unaware of any recall being issued at the time we spoke with him.

I find it very odd that the product manager A – wasn’t the person who issued the recall/notification/whatever it was. B – Is completely unaware of any recall.
In places I have worked, something like this is a career defining moment for SOMEONE.

Either Strader is incompetent (career defining)
or
Someone in the Sig organization just went over his head/behind his back (career defining)

Otherwise, there exists the possibility that the whole thing is a hoax, and there is no problem (stranger things have happened).

Now on to the Dallas PD.

TFB has a copy of the inter-department memo, so it seems as if Dallas did indeed recall the use of personally owned Sig 320’s (issued weapon is 226). Since the Sig product manager doesn’t seem to know anything about it, I start to wonder what kind of notification the Dallas PD got from Sig? Was it a phone call, an official memo on letterhead, etc? Did Dallas PD do their due diligence and check with Sig? If they did, and Strader says he knows nothing about it, that makes Stader incompetent AND a liar. If they didn’t, then shame on Dallas PD for issuing such a recall based on what would essentially be hearsay.

Time will tell, but as it sits right now with the information we have; I don’t know that anyone really has the full picture of what is really going on.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have seen this a few places, but all are in blog-ville. I have not seen anything on this from an authoritative source. In addition, the recent video of a 320 allegedly discharging after being dropped 3 times was removed from YouTube. Bruce Gray, a Sig guru emeritus, has indicated that the drop-discharge cannot be replicated in a gun that has all proper springs and parts in it. While anything is possible, I remain skeptical. This may be another case of fake news, or of a discharge being investigated to determine if it was equipment malfunction versus operator error. I am prepared to be illuminated as the story develops.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tscuttlebut has it that an offer duty purposely slammed his empty 320 on the ground numerous times eventually causing the trigger to release or n and have to be reset.

If true I wouldn't call that a design failure

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not even nothing.

An armorer at Dallas PD read an old outdated user manual which SIG has since edited. The language was confusing but caused this officer concern for the safety of the officers.

This non-issue escalating into an internet thing just demonstrates how deep the Glock fan butt hurt goes.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A cop read the manual? That sounds weird, too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There is just so much that simply is not true, hard to believe anything you read any more.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Last edited by gitem_12; 08/05/17.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More blog-ville. I don't get it. Sig is a huge company with vast technical, legal and PR resources. It has a website with a tab labelled "Company." That has a drop-down menu with a "Press" section containing press releases. If it wants to say something official, why not say it there? If it is being slandered by YouTube videos and fake news, why not go after the people doing it or try to cajole them into writing retractions? Fighting negative blogs with more blogs just does not seem like the best way to protect one's reputation. That makes me wonder more than anything about what really is going on. Maybe Sig is using some new kind of strategy for dealing with this kind of stuff, but I don't get it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
so is the SIG P320 based on the SIG P250? The SIG250 had a sterling reputation.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Laffin'..........
From a "selfish" (local jobs, etc.) perspective, I was happy to see Sig get the contract. I was even more pleased when it I saw Block attempt to fight the decision.

Now I'm simply grinning watching all the associated angst.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.