Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's what Glock put together for the competition. I think the Army made the right choice.

Can't seem to get the photo link to work, maybe someone else can do better than I.

https://kitup.military.com/2017/06/glock-inc.html

And here's a link to the response from the government on Glock's protest.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-mhs-protest-decision-released-gao/

Last edited by GunGeek; 06/28/17.
GB1

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Meh, I think it's just as well. I'm glad we won't be seeing manual-safety Glocks as mainstream. The only "improvement" I see on that MHS Glock I like is the bevels at the front of the slide, since the current 19 doesn't come with those. Some people would be giddy about the lack of finger grooves, but I like them personally.

I like Glocks, but if they didn't submit what was requested (whether it made sense or not), and didn't support the marketing campaign necessary to win anyway, then they didn't deserve to win. It would be a foolish mistake for any of us civilians to think this matters to us even a little bit though, or that it should influence any of our choices on what to buy and carry.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
When the Military finally gets away from the NATO requirement for weapons, Glock will get the contract.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBREW401
When the Military finally gets away from the NATO requirement for weapons, Glock will get the contract.

What did NATO requirements have to do with it? Several NATO countries field the Glock.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glock, as well as Glock owners, will most likely be better off by Glock being not selected and entangled in the govt contract. Watch the Sig quality dive in the future. Greed is a terrible damn thing. So is prosperity if not handled properly.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
Glock, as well as Glock owners, will most likely be better off by Glock being not selected and entangled in the govt contract. Watch the Sig quality dive in the future. Greed is a terrible damn thing. So is prosperity if not handled properly.

g

Yeah, we all know how Beretta's quality dropped off when they had the contract. (Sarcasm font)

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have no issue with the manual safety. Some will use it, and take comfort in it. If I had the handgun given/issued to me, I would simply leave it off, or deactivate it and not worry about it.

The slightly flared magwell is a nice touch, as well as the lack of finger grooves. That said, I can run a Glock fine with or without them.

I played with a Sig 320 with a Romeo RDO today. Great trigger pull and reset. The bore axis was pretty high, but nothing unmanageable.

I would be interested to see the differences in accuracy and time in regards to controlled pairs between a G17 and 320.

`

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Here's what Glock put together for the competition. I think the Army made the right choice.

Can't seem to get the photo link to work, maybe someone else can do better than I.

https://kitup.military.com/2017/06/glock-inc.html

And here's a link to the response from the government on Glock's protest.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-mhs-protest-decision-released-gao/

Looks great, except for the thumb safety.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr

g

Yeah, we all know how Beretta's quality dropped off when they had the contract. (Sarcasm font)

1911A1 was a hard act to follow. Too bad Beretta suffered. Don't think any of the candidates will suffer by following Beretta at this point.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This was directed to GeoW, not GG.

I think you misunderstood my post. Sig, Glock, FN, and Berretta are among the finest arms makers in the world.
Other than Glock (for not getting the pistol contract) how have any of them suffered due to U.S. Military contracts?

Last edited by NVhntr; 06/29/17.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t mind a safety at all, as long as it is a real safety instead of an afterthought that could be tricky with gloves or easy to miss. The right side safety also looks like it was MacGyvered. So, this safety looks like a fail to me. I also would prefer to not have an ambidextrous slide release, especially if they did it like the Indianapolis Police model that I saw in the net. I understand that Glock had to eliminate the locking block pin on this design because of the design of the release. Finally, the lanyard ring and the extension of the front strap below the magazine well appear to create hangup points for reloading. (Look at the clearance between the magazine and the lanyard ring.) My impression is that they turned a horse into a camel to meet a bid spec.

I suppose if I got to handle one I could change my mind on some or all of this.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Over history there have been a lot of poor choices made in the selection of small arms, based on either our perception of what is right or actual poor field performance. I have no idea if the Sig is better than the Glock, it certainly has the interchangeable frames. I am interested in how it will perform over time. Wish they would offer the 320 in 10mm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So is this the Gen 5? Other than the safety and lanyard stud are these other features the Gen 5 stuff that's supposed to be released this summer some time?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

g

After the US had it in service for a decade, the Beretta 92 was 10x the pistol it was when we adopted it. I don't think you get the benefits of a weapon being fielded by the US military.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All in all, I'd say Sig straight up came to play. Their submission matched Glock for reliability and their price was over $100 million dollars less than Glock. So it better met the criteria laid out, beat Glock in most categories, and in the one's it didn't beat Glock, they matched Glock. And their bid was over 30% less...I'd say Sig won pretty clearly.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clear case of Sig needing the business and Glock wanting the business if they could make a profit!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So SIG’s deal was $217 per pistol. I’m sure they’re still making a profit at that price, there’s HUGE margin in the Tupperware pistols which is why that’s the direction pretty much everyone is going. It seems SIG wanted it badly…They had the strongest submission, so I expected them to come in above Glock in price…Perhaps so did everyone else, including Glock. Glock isn’t goin anywhere though…they still own the lion’s share of the market, but these days there are a lot of players beginning to eat into that market share…but then, that’s just business.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like everything but the manual safety

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks a lot like the Cominolli Glock Manual Safety, actually a well proven modification. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing it added as a factory option.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Glock is getting khtunty over the whole contract deal.

It's not gonna help them.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

484 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 1,951 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,216
Posts18,447,378
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.