Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
805 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://m.facebook.com/bowhuntersofwy/posts/682748191897527

Seems he was busted in 2015 also. Wow! Not that I like their show anyway but I hope it's cancelled.

Last edited by 805; 06/27/17.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
From what I know about him, it could not have happened to anyone more worthy. Just a shame that he got a better deal than a lot of people would have gotten who did not have his money. I have tried to watch the show, but he and his boys (especially the one who does most of the show) get on my nerves. Let me say, when they hunt in "Olla", LA, it is not actually in the same Parish as Olla is. It is in Winn Parish, but is closer to Olla than it is to Winnfield in Winn Parish. I grew up in Olla and lived there the 1st 45 yrs. of my life. I hunted the land that they now hunt while growing up. The vast majority of the land was timber company land and open to the public. Fast forward to when LA Pacific decided to close their plywood operations around home and sold all of their timber land, 25+/- yrs. ago. Some was sold to other timber companies, but Big Bill bought a lot of it and the 1st thing he did was put a high fence around most of his land. It is a LOT of land to be under high fence, but it is.

His "I'm better than you" attitude has not set well with the local people in Olla. There truly is no telling what is done behind the fence. He is a former Wildlife and Fisheries Commissioner (or something like that). This, I think, was under the Mike Foster administration when there were a lot of changes in the LWF during that time. In other words, he is politically connected and see no way that anyone here in this state will mess with them. Or at least, that is my thinking. I know how things work here. If he stops hunting here it will surprise me. However, we would never know what goes on behind the "wall"!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yeah, kinda like Darner in Colorado

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Okay, sounds like a good thing he got caught.

OTOH, I haven't watch any hunting/fishing program in a while. I actually don't remember when. The "editing" is what ruined me.
1 example. I was watching 'some' hunting show. A young guy was sitting under a tree watching/hunting. An animal was NOT shown, he makes a shot....commercial... show resumes the guy gets up to go look and FOUND the animal.

The KICKER - The moon was MUCH closer (larger) in the second scene. I had recorded it so, I re watched- ha! shocked
smirk Also the guy showed NO excitement at all.
Last show recorded or watched.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 06/27/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk. When he fenced in his property he fenced other peoples land in with his. He won in court because he's well connected.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Every so often you see someone like that get what they deserve-or at least part of it. His show has always been a joke, I feel bad for the folks that get sucked in to following something that type of show.

Not a lot of great stuff out there on t.v., thankfully one of our own (Randy aka Big Fin) does it right.

Golden............
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These clowns are the definition of knuckleheads. Their show is unwatchable. As a repeat offender they should have thrown the book at Bill.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's amazing how many here already know him. MooseMike, you are spot on. It is hard to believe that it happened. Some of it was family land from many years back. For those who are expecting sponsors to drop their show, I wouldn't count on it. I THINK they either own or have a big interest in most of the companies who sponsor them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
It's amazing how many here already know him. MooseMike, you are spot on. It is hard to believe that it happened. Some of it was family land from many years back. For those who are expecting sponsors to drop their show, I wouldn't count on it. I THINK they either own or have a big interest in most of the companies who sponsor them.

Well, they don't OWN the Outdoor Sportsman's Group Networks (Outdoor Channel), and the Outdoor Channel just put their program on an indefinite hiatus . .

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/201...ks-suspend-bill-busbice-wildgame-nation/

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That clown is worth over 100 million dollars. Just for boycott purposes, he owns Wild Game Innovations, Barnett Crossbows and Flextone Game Calls. I have never liked his TV shows, and he has always appeared as a complete ass, to me. That fine is nothing but coffee money to that puke. He made his money in oil, originally and owns 55,000 acres in Louisiana.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
IC B3

A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Runs deer with dogs in a high fence. What a sportsman. About time hunters quit trying to cover for high fence shooters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of different kinds of high fences. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sbhooper
That clown is worth over 100 million dollars. Just for boycott purposes, he owns Wild Game Innovations, Barnett Crossbows and Flextone Game Calls. I have never liked his TV shows, and he has always appeared as a complete ass, to me. That fine is nothing but coffee money to that puke. He made his money in oil, originally and owns 55,000 acres in Louisiana.
IIRC, they are the head honcho's behind Plano Synergy. Lots of brands under that umbrella...

http://www.planosynergy.com/

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Seems a travesty not to have him pay max fine plus have to do the time. That SOB will get his before the Creator of those creatures he obviously cares nothing for.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I saw a post on a Facebook hunting group that was bashing the Busbices. This was a couple years ago. I asked some questions and some good ole Louisiana boys fillied me on on why they hate Big Bill Busbice. That's the reason I know about the azzclown. I also saw on TV Jackie Bushman and Bill Jordan hobknob around with the idiot.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
I also saw on TV Jackie Bushman and Bill Jordan hobknob around with the idiot.

I can't stomach Jackie Bushman or that oaf, Busbice. You can put G.O. Heath on that list too.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Well, they don't OWN the Outdoor Sportsman's Group Networks (Outdoor Channel), and the Outdoor Channel just put their program on an indefinite hiatus . .

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/201...ks-suspend-bill-busbice-wildgame-nation/

I saw that earlier today. But if the Outdoor Channel really wants to get him, let them forbid any ad money from the Plano Synergy group to show they are serious about it.

As has been stated, they are reported to run dogs behind the high fence. Bill was tabbed as being responsible for dog hunting to even still exist in this state when the state wanted to ban them a few years ago. And I have been told by some of the guys who have been inside the fence to log timber on their property that there is a secondary fence inside the big fence. I think that all those who have hobnobbed with Bill and the boys including Willie Robertson, ought to come out and say that they are severing ties with the Plano group. But, that's my opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He is a total Buffoon. I also don't think he made his money in oil. If I remember correctly, he sued a big oil company and won a huge settlement for something. I'd have to research that to be sure though. Not a self made guy at all. Fell into money and acts like a complete idiot. No telling how many other violations he has committed and not gotten caught.

Lee

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
He started up a hot shot company which he sold, that's where the money started.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I never heard of the guy until the posts on the 'Fire in the last few days. Reading other things about him, he seems to be a class A douchebag.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 37 invisible), 1,944 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.