Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
OK, I just tried to click and drag a picture to the Attachment Manager and the file is too big. Not sure what to do.

The picture showed up on the screen, but too many MB's.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 06/29/17.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
OK, I just tried to click and drag a picture to the Attachment Manager and the file is too big. Not sure what to do. Rick, a little help please.

Same for me, please

[Linked Image]
Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Rick may have to increase the max file size first.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yea, I was looking at the properties of some random pictures. The ones I took with my camera are all over 2MB and the ones I took with my phone are over 4MB. Attachment Manager is limited to 97KB.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 06/29/17.

Ronald Reagan
Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Has the file size limit been increased? In the past it was a very restrictive 100K if I recall correctly, to upload using the attachment manager.

I can modify it. There do have to be some limits though. But we'll find a happy medium.

Yea, I was looking at the properties of some random pictures. The ones I took with my camera are all over 2MB and the ones I took with my phone are over 4MB. Account Manager is limited to 97KB.

He'll alter it when time allows, in the mean time MS Paint will down size the photos...and you can upload them here.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there anyway we can upload our photo library from PB onto the fire, other than one at a time?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Should be able to hold control & click, highlight group of pictures...but would have to be under the max size download allowed.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yea, I was looking at the properties of some random pictures. The ones I took with my camera are all over 2MB and the ones I took with my phone are over 4MB. Account Manager is limited to 97KB.

I addressed that earlier with Rick in this thread. He will have to increase the limit. You will still probably have to reduce the resolution of your pic before uploading it though. Probably a good idea to save the reduced resolution photo as a new file and post that so you don't compromise your original pic's resolution. I edited my instruction post above to show how you can display the photo directly without readers having to click the hyper-link.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I addressed that earlier with Rick in this thread. He will have to increase the limit. You will still probably have to reduce the resolution of your pic before uploading it though. Probably a good idea to save the reduced resolution photo as a new file and post that so you don't compromise your original pic's resolution. I edited my instruction post above to show how you can display the photo directly without readers having to click the hyper-link.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. Like I said, I'm an illiterate dumbass, so I'll have to play with it when I have more time. Right now I have to leave work and go home to drink beer.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There will be a few nitwits here that will tell you to get Ad Block!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, photobucket sux ballz...

I downloaded all the photo's i had there just in case i hadn't retained a copy of 'em on any of my HDDs.

If they can't make their revenue budget with adverts, requiring a subscription is not a good alternative.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
just playing

Attached Images
rope.jpg (8.22 KB, 27 downloads)
Last edited by plainsman456; 06/29/17. Reason: It worked
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have somebody making changes to file limits gents. More later.

Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have somebody making changes to file limits gents. More later.

Rick

Thanks Rick

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thank goodness. I'd have 5 times the pics up if it not for photobucket BS.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You guys may need to adjust your camera file size default, or edit your pics. The file size limit with PB and the 'Fire is generous and has never been prob for me.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Rick, thanks for all of your hard work. This sounds great because I think a lot of us are sick of PB. However, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to computers. I'm mostly self taught. If it's not too much trouble, could you please give us some plain english instructions for dummies to load pictures? Do we just load the pictures one at a time on each post? Whereas with PB, we have a library to resource.

When making a post, click the "use full editor" button at the bottom. Once the "full editor" screen is open click the "Attachment Manager" hyper-link at the bottom left corner of the screen (there's a paper clip icon next to it). Once you've clicked it, the Attachment File editor will open. You can then either drag and drop the image file from your pc's harddrive file, or you can click the "Select a file to attach" button. You will have to navigate your PC's file tree to find the image file you want to attach. Select it and it will automatically upload and tell you when that is done. You can load up to 5 photos. Whenever you're finished, select/click the "done" button. That's it.

The file will appear as a hyper-link in your post. Users will have to click that link to view the photo .. unless you do this work around. Once you finish your post, click your attached image link which will open a new page and show the image. Copy that url/web address from the address bar at the top of your browser, in this example case it is: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...nload/Number/44786/filename/Longhorn.jpg and paste it into the image tags. Do this by editing your original post and click the image icon/button which is to the right of the smily face icon, or the 9th icon from left to right, at the top of the full editor screen. Paste the url/address into the box and click the "Change Post" button at the bottom of the "Full Editor" screen. Now the image has been referenced so users won't have to click the hyper-link to see it.

[Linked Image]

Sticky this mofo if correct!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tester at 1.3 MB.

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
DSCN1148.JPG (1.31 MB, 26 downloads)

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tester at 4.3 MB:

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
IMG_5110.JPG (4.29 MB, 361 downloads)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tester at 4.3 MB:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.