Print Thread
Hop To
J
Joe Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
How does one attach the photo from he attachment manager?

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The drag a drop practice works for me. One has to wait a bit while the file is copied over. The browse and "open" option does not work with my system. Files over the size limit will not load. Do hit the "done" button when finished.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/04/17.

1Minute
J
Joe Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I have photos in the attachment manager, I just can't seem to post them.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
1minute explains it nicely. However, there's other ways to do it. You can right click on the photo when it's in the manager. Save the picture address and then insert/paste the image in between img. brackets [img]insert image address here[/img]. This will allow the rest of us to see your picture.. It's a royal pain in the azz to do it this way, but for some reason Rick feels it's important and safer??????????? One thing I noticed right away is the pictures are not as good: They are grainy, out of focus and are of varying sizes???? Unlike when we used to be able to use photobucket.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am learning as we go with this as well.

The pictures will load at full resolution. In the Image Gallery if you click on them, they will open at full resolution. In posts throughout the rest of the site, the software will reduce them so they do not break the margins of the page, which is a big deal especially as we make the final turn into going fully mobile compatible.

I still don't use te drag and drop function, but to display pics in posts throughout the site, at the end of the day the code ends up the same way, which is to say, [img]securehttpsaddresshere[/img].

What makes it secure is not whether you use drag and drop or cut and paste, but rather that at the end of the process you are displaying an image that starts with https. That is the key.

Last edited by RickBin; 07/04/17.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Rick, I'm noticing some guys are switching to imgur. Is that a good option or is just a matter of time before you shut that one down as well??? Thanks..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 713 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.