Pappy...perhaps I spoke too soon. Went to some of the pawn shops in the larger town near me today to get out and about a little. On my way out of town, stopped at a shop that has a few rifles and hadn't been in there in a while. Lo and behold, I see a 77 in the rack and ask the lady the caliber of it. She answers 243. I told her I already had one in the 243. As I was looking at others around it, I take a better look and notice it was an old flatbolt. I ask to see it. Behind the rifle was a tag that announced it was marked down from 500 to 469 with a cheap Bushnell 3-9 on it. Being relatively poor, I asked about their lay a away and tell her I do want the rifle after all. But before I did, I asked her if she knew that it was a flatbolt. She didn't have a clue, but told me that all she wanted/needed for the rifle and that it had been there for a while. Anyway, in a couple of months it will come home with me and be beside my other flatbolt (also a 243 Win). I suspect this one will become trade fodder for something I really want.